Good luck to you all

The same type of people lost a ton in 2009 by selling their stocks when the market was in the depths. The people who held and made dollar cost averaged buys ended up with massive portfolio gains over the next decade.

A speculative asset should be treated with more caution than traditional investments. I think that now is a very stupid time to sell. ODL is just starting to ramp up. I think it is highly probable that XRP will be at a higher price (maybe massively) within the next 1-5+ years. The sooner the better, but beggars can't be choosers.

If you *need* the money right now then that also signifies poor financial planning overall. Buying what you can't afford to lose, not saving enough to buy traditional investments overall, etc.

If XRP and Ripple were in the same place that they were 1-2 years ago, as is the case for many coins, I wouldn't blame you. I also wouldn't blame you if the remaining part of your stash was 10 million XRP because hey that is life changing money.

Edited by mrhat75

1 hour ago, Toroth said:

It's been a fun and interesting 3 years but i had to sell my remaining stack this past weekend. Not a day goes by that i don't regret not paying off some of my debt when i had the chance. I just never thought XRP would do a 100% retrace considering BTC and ETH did not. Still believe Ripple/XRP will succeed in the long run so i can only hope my finances are in order before it's too late. 

Until then, I wish you all the best and your dreams of fortune come true

I'm sorry you had to sell. Hope you come back soon and till then

giphy (12).gif

41 minutes ago, fatlever said:

In terms of price, XRP is lower than it was 1 year ago,  2 years ago...heck almost 3 years ago.  A lot of coins aren't.  In terms of adoption and utility, it's very hard to argue that it's any better off than it was 1, 2, 3 years ago unless you're celebrating Mercury FX, Cuallix, etc claiming to use xRapid as adoption.  Or you're claiming that Ripple overpaying for MoneyGram stock which is down from an ATH of $280 to $2.50 or in the past 3 months from $6 to $2.50 as adoption and progress.  MoneyGrams ATH of ~$280 and current price of $2.50 also goes to show you not everything recovers so it's utterly stupid to say it's "a very stupid time to sell."

ODL is going, volume is ramping up, and more corridors are lighting up, just as they said.  Maybe not on the most optimistic timeline, but it is happening.  The point of investing in a speculative asset is to make massive gains.  I think if you're too worried now and would rather recoup whatever measly 4 figure investment that you put in instead of waiting to see how adoption goes, then you probably shouldn't have ever gotten into this type of investment in the first place.  I completely disagree with you that things look grimmer now than 2 years ago.  Of course everything can go to zero, that isn't some novel idea that we weren't aware of.

24 minutes ago, baobeiiiii said:

Selling here might be considered a smart movie if it turns out we're heading into the teens. Or it could fly up tomorrow. I've sold 66% of my stack and want to re-enter, but I'm not seeing any signs that the bottom is in.

The problem is you’re not going to know if the bottom is in until its well behind us. This year alone we’ve seen several rallies, and at the time it appeared that the bottom was in, only to fizzle out later. And when it actually does go up, it’s usually in quick bursts. The best thing to do is hodl or you’ll miss it. I agree that it could easily go into the teens or even single digits from here, but if you have a long-term outlook I believe you’ll eventually see big returns.

29 minutes ago, xrp_sea said:

The problem is you’re not going to know if the bottom is in until its well behind us. This year alone we’ve seen several rallies, and at the time it appeared that the bottom was in, only to fizzle out later. And when it actually does go up, it’s usually in quick bursts. The best thing to do is hodl or you’ll miss it. I agree that it could easily go into the teens or even single digits from here, but if you have a long-term outlook I believe you’ll eventually see big returns.

That's why I still have 33% of my stack in XRP. Long-term I'm super bullish, but it's senseless not to take advantage of a weak market that is trending down. If bitcoin hits 5k what do you think XRP price would be?

OP isn't overtly mean spirited and seems genuine but "announcing you've left the building" so to speak is unnecessary. It serves the same purpose as FUD.

I'm sorry you were financially irresponsible and spent more on your XRP investment than you could afford to part with. That's what this is really about. What I'm not sorry for is you (and the similar fb/twitter/xrpchat claims of cashing their stack in) thinking you were going to come out on the winning end of a pump and dump get rich quick scheme. That's all on you.

You have to invest in this like you are never going to see a return. Call your wife and tell her to meet you on the corner of Disappointment and Regret where you totaled your car and just before you hang up tell her you forgot to pay the car insurance bill last month. When she shows up frantic and she sees your car in perfect condition tell her you paid the insurance just like always. After she slaps you and asks why you lied, tell her you invested in xrp and it's an amazing opportunity that will one day change your life (5-10 years down the road) but for now its gone. If you can't do that then move along.

I have a decent amount of VET that I have higher immediate expectations for. XRP is by definition a long term investment. 

46 minutes ago, Lambosexual said:

I'm sorry you were financially irresponsible and spent more on your XRP investment than you could afford to part with. That's what this is really about. What I'm not sorry for is you (and the similar fb/twitter/xrpchat claims of cashing their stack in) thinking you were going to come out on the winning end of a pump and dump get rich quick scheme. That's all on you.

Good points Lambo san.

You remind me of the time I saw Silver peak near $50/oz, and I waited until it had dropped down to $35 to buy my first bullion coins.

By the time Silver dropped to $11/oz I realized everything is a gamble.

As we all know, there's only TWO certainties in life :)

(three, if you count the certainty of getting in trouble if you ask out your ex-GF's sister, heh)

2 hours ago, JASCoder said:

Good points Lambo san.

You remind me of the time I saw Silver peak near $50/oz, and I waited until it had dropped down to $35 to buy my first bullion coins.

By the time Silver dropped to $11/oz I realized everything is a gamble.

As we all know, there's only TWO certainties in life :)

(three, if you count the certainty of getting in trouble if you ask out your ex-GF's sister, heh)

Go on...