Elon Musk says Tesla will stop accepting bitcoin for car purchases, citing environmental concerns

xrp_sea

36 minutes ago, Begofend said:

Hes a snake, only reason he accepted it was to pump the price, so we could save tesla earnings, hes playing everyone 

Yep, this guy is just a pump&dump team leader

He is the reason why we need regulations and rules for crypto. Don t forget he escaped jail for doing exactly the same thing with tesla...

Now the real question what will he announce as paiement ? Doge ? ADA (my be the reason of the recent pump) ?

Edited by Wolfaolyth

1 hour ago, JASCoder said:

I would like to have been a fly on the wall in the meeting where he acquired that epiphany !

Will future crypto histories point to this as the beginning of BTC's decline in popularity ?
Hmmm.

I actually like that he has turned against BTC (and ETH?), but his fooling about is really costly for us.

1 hour ago, Wolfaolyth said:

Yep, this guy is just a pump&dump team leader

He is the reason why we need regulations and rules for crypto. Don t forget he escaped jail for doing exactly the same thing with tesla...

Now the real question what will he announce as paiement ? Doge ? ADA (my be the reason of the recent pump) ?

maybe none 

22 minutes ago, gamblin310 said:

Isn't this a tacit endorsement of XRP?

Not at all

he started a poll yesterday to ask if tesla should accept Doge as paiement...

So in fact he did the poll to avoid a too big dump of the doge from what he is doing now with bitcoin..

He will push forward the dogecoin now

1 hour ago, gamblin310 said:

Isn't this a tacit endorsement of XRP?

Not necessarily. XRP is one of several coins that could meet Telsa's goal of low energy consumption. Some people are suggesting DOGE, but it doesn't sound like a serious contender to me. XRP has a much longer track record and a solid company behind it. Elon has had trouble with the SEC before so he might feel kinship toward XRP. It's not likely, but it's possible. 

2 hours ago, Wolfaolyth said:

Not at all

he started a poll yesterday to ask if tesla should accept Doge as paiement...

So in fact he did the poll to avoid a too big dump of the doge from what he is doing now with bitcoin..

He will push forward the dogecoin now

Isn't DOGE also proof of work?