Escrow sales

15 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

Ripple is honest and square

After all the lies they spew over the last 2 years you find them honest and square. Lol.

3 out of 5 remittance companies will use xrp in 2018 , major bank by the end of 2018, dozens in 2019 (yet to be decided if it is pure hype to trick investors),  xpring will only invest in companies that will utilize xrp, and so on and so on..

If they were honest they would show xrapid volume and tell everyone how good is xrp adoption. Everything else, in is meaningless ********.

I dont care who runs on ripplenet, I want to know who uses "game breaking" demand settlement and what is the volume.

Show me the numbers!!

8 hours ago, Kiwi said:

After all the lies they spew over the last 2 years you find them honest and square. Lol.

3 out of 5 remittance companies will use xrp in 2018 , major bank by the end of 2018, dozens in 2019 (yet to be decided if it is pure hype to trick investors),  xpring will only invest in companies that will utilize xrp, and so on and so on..

If they were honest they would show xrapid volume and tell everyone how good is xrp adoption. Everything else, in is meaningless ********.

I dont care who runs on ripplenet, I want to know who uses "game breaking" demand settlement and what is the volume.

Show me the numbers!!

Yeah being generous to Brad, he probably didn't anticipate regulatory unclarity going on for so long. That's me being generous. Being cynical, you'd say he's a massive hype merchant who over exaggerates things. Taking things still further, you'd say he may be the biggest scammer in the world.

Choose which one of those statements you want to, probably depending on how long you've been staring at the price and your portfolio losses. Lol.

Edited by djdhrubs

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We have a new record - the entire 1 billion was re-escrowed this/last month. That means that OTC sales have reduced to the point where the scraps left over from previous months are still enough (or they just stopped making them altogether). If only this translated into a rising xrp value. Interesting times indeed.

2024-01-01  rp6aTJmW3nq1aKt3Jmuz4DPRxksT5PBjpH 2019-11-01   500.0
            rsjFB8mPWqiZgPUaVh8XYqdfa59PE2d5LG 2019-11-01   400.0
                                               2019-12-01   100.0
2024-02-01  rp6aTJmW3nq1aKt3Jmuz4DPRxksT5PBjpH 2019-12-01   500.0
            rsjFB8mPWqiZgPUaVh8XYqdfa59PE2d5LG 2019-12-01   400.0

[58 rows x 1 columns]

+----------+---------------+
| Month    |   Re-escrowed |
|----------+---------------|
| 2018-Feb |           900 |
| 2018-Mar |           900 |
| 2018-Apr |           900 |
| 2018-May |           900 |
| 2018-Jun |           900 |
| 2018-Jul |           900 |
| 2018-Aug |           900 |
| 2018-Sep |           800 |
| 2018-Oct |           800 |
| 2018-Nov |           800 |
| 2018-Dec |           800 |
| 2019-Jan |           800 |
| 2019-Feb |           800 |
| 2019-Mar |           700 |
| 2019-Apr |           700 |
| 2019-May |           700 |
| 2019-Jun |           700 |
| 2019-Jul |           700 |
| 2019-Aug |           800 |
| 2019-Sep |           800 |
| 2019-Oct |           800 |
| 2019-Nov |           900 |
| 2019-Dec |          1000 |
+----------+---------------+

10 minutes ago, jbjnr said:

We have a new record - the entire 1 billion was re-escrowed this/last month. That means that OTC sales have reduced to the point where the scraps left over from previous months are still enough (or they just stopped making them altogether). If only this translated into a rising xrp value. Interesting times indeed.

Great info, thanks for sharing !

This should also flame the theories about Ripple Lab's plans for the 50b hoard lol.

Meanwhile, "bitcoinist.com" runs this headline from yesterday:
"1 BILLION XRP WORTH $225M RELEASED FROM ESCROW; STILL OK TO HOLD RIPPLE’S TOKEN?"

Saying in the piece this crap-FUD:

The selling may happen on OTC markets, but in any case, there is a large supply of coins and little demand beyond speculative trading and some limited testing by banks. 

SMDH

Edited by JASCoder

10 minutes ago, jbjnr said:

That means that OTC sales have reduced to the point where the scraps left over from previous months are still enough

Or it means that no FI wants to buy more XRP

I also don't understand how to celebrate that fact.

Not a single XRP is sold - that is a testimony of poverty. 
That means the demand is not there, that means the usecase a) is not asked or b) is so little asked that you don't have to add any more XRP.

can someone explain to me why this is great news? I want all 100 billion XRP in circulation and not that the release is delayed.

20 minutes ago, Elysium2030 said:

I also don't understand how to celebrate that fact.

Not a single XRP is sold - that is a testimony of poverty. 
That means the demand is not there, that means the usecase a) is not asked or b) is so little asked that you don't have to add any more XRP.

can someone explain to me why this is great news? I want all 100 billion XRP in circulation and not that the release is delayed.

There is simply too much XRP, they should burn half like Stellar did.

2 hours ago, baggy23 said:

Or it means that no FI wants to buy more XRP

No FI ever did buy it, it was only exchanges buying up, but with no demand they have also stopped.

3 minutes ago, rippletotheend said:

It has been rumoured that the OTC price has been set at .24c for a while now, maybe this is proof that the retail price has fallen below the OTC price

Well I believe there is certain Price which Ripple should defend and I mean the price for which they sell xrp to institutional investors. If they let the price fall below this reference price they are risking another lawsuits. 

22 minutes ago, rippletotheend said:

It has been rumoured that the OTC price has been set at .24c for a while now, maybe this is proof that the retail price has fallen below the OTC price meaning there would be no demand to buy.

Or maybe Ripple know what’s around the corner and don’t want to sell at the current price (tinfoil hat time)!!

That doesn't even make sense. If the OTC price is higher than open market price, people would just on the open market. OTC sales at most is equal to open market price.

11 minutes ago, Spartaksus said:

Based on my calculation the average OTC price is in the range $0.05 - 0.12. But of course I am just an internet stranger and I can be wrong. :unknown:

I would be very surprised if you were correct.  How do you arrive at that figure?