I'd also like to know. I always thought it was a guessing game from the XRP ledger monitor... you could wait for the quarterly reports from Ripple, but 4 times a year probably wouldn't be efficient enough for you

Sure, you check the escrow account, the transactions are public so you can see how much is flowing out of the account and how much is flowing back into escrow at the end of the month.

The first escrow rollover (Jan) put 900million back into escrow, but in Feb, 800million was put back and 100million added to the escrow release that was set by the Jan rollover taking the figure back to 1billion. for March I cannot see a new escrow created at all.

I am using the page https://ledger.exposed/escrow-stats to check data and my observations show

image.png.6cb1919fdd7e80cfafd24eb01eee6202.png 

where the index is the escrow month (55 originally) and the 56,57,58 are the Jan,Feb,Mar

I am puzzled as to where the March escrow has gone. I must have missed it ... I will look again

Edited by jbjnr2
typo

5 hours ago, jbjnr2 said:

I am puzzled as to where the March escrow has gone. I must have missed it ... I will look again

It is still in the account. That account has 1.8b XRP now

EDIT: here is the wallet with the Jan-Feb-Mar-Apr-May escrow amounts: r9NpyVfLfUG8hatuCCHKzosyDtKnBdsEN3

From the Jan and Feb escrow release, 800m was put back into escrow, 200m XRP each month went into the selling account, which put 100m XRP each month back into escrow.

From the Mar escrow release, 200m went into the selling account, nothing went back into escrow (this is not according to the promise, if you ask me)

The April release is still in the wallet in full.

Edited by mrenne_17
added some more details

I hope the reason why the escrow sales were so horrendous in Q1 was because of FI regulatory concern. 

8 hours ago, mrenne_17 said:

(this is not according to the promise, if you ask me)

yup. Looking at the previous escrow dates, the Jan rollover was made on 01/02/2018 and the Feb rollover on 01/03/2018, so they are a week late with the March one. Not sure that they promised to do it at the start of each month, but it begs the question of 'why is this month different?' - I guess that they have not settled (pun intended) on a routine yet. Keeping 1.9billion in r9NpyVfLfUG8hatuCCHKzosyDtKnBdsEN3 seems slightly odd.

47 minutes ago, jbjnr2 said:

yup. Looking at the previous escrow dates, the Jan rollover was made on 01/02/2018 and the Feb rollover on 01/03/2018, so they are a week late with the March one. Not sure that they promised to do it at the start of each month, but it begs the question of 'why is this month different?' - I guess that they have not settled (pun intended) on a routine yet. Keeping 1.9billion in r9NpyVfLfUG8hatuCCHKzosyDtKnBdsEN3 seems slightly odd.

Unless a big sell deal was / is about to close and they need to have it available

11 hours ago, jbjnr2 said:

Not sure that they promised to do it at the start of each month

It is not 100% clear:

"We’ll then return whatever is unused at the end of each month to the back of the escrow rotation."

1. The 800m should go back into escrow but they are not saying *when* the balance goes back exactly. 

2. Theoretically there is also the possibility they are putting 800m from another account into escrow, but in that case I have not detected it.

It seems like they are following this thread because the 800m have just been put into escrow:

500m through rhEwsCWDCVxDiKxGJAKM6VuXC8EFtJP5gQ

300m + 100m from the selling account through rncKvRcdDq9hVJpdLdTcKoxsS3NSkXsvfM

Just like he other months, 200m from the April escrow has been transferred into the selling account rBg2FuZT91C52Nny68houguJ4vt5x1o91m

9 hours ago, mrenne_17 said:

It seems like they are following this thread because the 800m have just been put into escrow:

Actually 900m. They have put 700m into the month 57 release, but added 200m to the month 56 release bringing its total back up to 1billion again

image.thumb.png.f71635ad3f9513dffdc8a7e881956ea0.png

I presume this pattern will now be the norm, so that the previous month's total will always be topped up to 1billion and the remainder carried over. I had originally expected to see each month's amount carried over on its own (so we would see 900m, 900m, 900m, but in fact we have 1b, 1b, 700m and next month we'll presumably see month 58 topped up and the remainder carried forward to month 59).

Ripples cash cow XRP used as need for quick cash, business deals, or to buy the next pilot program "Hey use our product we will give you a million XRP to test it!" let us all hope this spending XRP will actually result in some real USAGE.

1 hour ago, jbjnr2 said:

Actually 900m. They have put 700m into the month 57 release, but added 200m to the month 56 release bringing its total back up to 1billion again

I presume this pattern will now be the norm, so that the previous month's total will always be topped up to 1billion and the remainder carried over. I had originally expected to see each month's amount carried over on its own (so we would see 900m, 900m, 900m, but in fact we have 1b, 1b, 700m and next month we'll presumably see month 58 topped up and the remainder carried forward to month 59).

Good analysis...I was just getting ready to post the same thing after looking at all the data.

1 hour ago, jbjnr2 said:

However, there are 2 escrow transaction in rncKvRcdDq9hVJpdLdTcKoxsS3NSkXsvfM for 200 million each on 4/6...that would bring the total escrowed to 900 million.