Something Very Specific and Major that Nobody Talks About...

Hodor

2 minutes ago, Ivanium said:

1 trillion in ripple market cap means 26 dollars each ripple this will be amazing

Sometimes people's thinking is limited based on what is, rather than how quickly the world economy is changing.  Value in the new economy is very much determined by value attributable by the parties involved....  

All it's going to take is a small sliver of this volume and content, and then it will be too late to jump on the XRP train... way too late!  :sun_bespectacled:

5 minutes ago, ZIGXRP said:

When you're ready for another mind bender, let your brain consider the concept of Ripple servicing not money, but DEBT. 

Ah yes...

Here is a mind-bending graphic that gets at "sitting value" (not value of transactions) of assets:

http://money.visualcapitalist.com/all-of-the-worlds-money-and-markets-in-one-visualization/

@Hodor- I like the thought process behind your analysis.

It makes sense in so far as the people they have on board as well for Ripple the company.

To take the current scenario with Fiat money and it's use -case for the USD$ currently;  and translate it into the cyber currency world- all being done legally and through the proper jurisdiction

Even though the current system is failing, the crypto world is just beginning.

It also explains the amount of existing XRP's. :)

Selfish note: I hope that XRP's value translates into a bit more than 1USD$

Thanks for the insightful theory, @Hodor

4 minutes ago, Aziraphale213 said:

If the technology behind RCL/XRP stays relevant / strong I do not see another way but this one for XRP.

I am confident that a lot of people realize this, especially ones working for the big financial players and will have interest to hold a certain amount of XRP as the RCL system grows in use. 

I can already give an example valid today - Venezuela. If I was living there and had a decent amount of money I would buy BTC at this point as it would be a greater store value than FIAT, especially Venezuelan currency nowadays. BTC isn't regulated and does not cover a lot of aspects RIpple/XRP does but at this moment in time it would be a great store value for the sh*t going on in that country. Now consider that you had 10 000 banks using RCL, corporations also....wouldn't it be a great store value? 

I yet have to do my research and thinking how would all of this play out in comparison to the SDR, should it become the world reserve currency at first but I conclude that there will be a heavy interest to hold XRP and the interest will grow as it's ussage grows.

@Aziraphale213 I came across so much depth when researching this concept last night that I made a note to dig in deeper when the IMF Advisory Committee picks up steam.  I think that larger bank adoption will beat them to the goal line, quite frankly, and I see large international trade companies like Amazon and Ali Baba being potential users / holders of XRP reserves.  It just makes sense if they want to finance ultra-cheap international settlement of transactions. 

I haven't even really considered oil companies, derivatives, debt, or commodities though.  It's a new technology, and we are still so early on the adoption cycle for XRP.  

6 minutes ago, Aziraphale213 said:

When I first researched Ripple my first thought was that this system will be ideal to conserve value. If you assume it will be used by a lot of banks in the near future it basically means XRP can be converted into any currency secure, fast and efficient.

Excellent writing. Good food for thought. Thank you.
It's value is not only in its content but that it's written in a way that allows uneducated readers like me to begin following up with research because of the questions it implies or asks.  I appreciate this approach.

An over-arching currency question: what if the US dollar were removed from your commentary and the term Bitcoin were inserted, could the arguments of use still not apply?  The specific "Bitcoin" is used as the digital currency equivalency of traditional fiat (which implies an agnostic fit for XRP through RCL & ILP) but if a different standard for liquidity and reserves other than the dollar or Bitcoin were used, does it change your thesis for use value?

9 minutes ago, Hodor said:

I think that larger bank adoption will beat them to the goal line, quite frankly, and I see large international trade companies like Amazon and Ali Baba being potential users / holders of XRP reserves.  It just makes sense if they want to finance ultra-cheap international settlement of transactions. 

Agree. I'm assuming that a single "unit" XRP asset can be divided multiple times. I've read that, if I remember right. It seems a bit like extending the infinite value of pi to how a finite quantity of product can be leveraged for universal use over time. Even the "destruction" of a percentage of its value is negated if a unit can be continuously (and consistently) parsed.  Am I wrong with this assumption of possible division and increased use for XRP? (Even a link on the concept, if you've come across one, would be enough for me to study the nuances.)