Charting the course of XRP

1 hour ago, Neurotoxin said:

I did take the BTC and ETH profits, just not the XRP ones yet. 

When market goes up and down in coordination without anything fundamental changing, it’s not a bull/bear trend. It’s just a sophisticated pump and dump over several months. For example if the current down trend is because of China’s actions against miners, no reason why all coins are down instead of just PoW.

Specifically for XRP, there’s Flare, and the outcome of the lawsuit.

Then there are regulatory changes around exchanges, stablecoins, defi, climate change vs PoW, etc, which are more US specific but have a broad impact on global economies.

Finally inflationary pressures, Covid, Geopolitics, and other macroeconomic conditions.

Several of these are set to unfold and there is going to be a lot of whipsaw action in the markets. 

Personally, I look at this as a bear market for BTC. Not for the others. Even if temporarily the market is attached at the hip to BTC and has been in overdrive because of Tether.

26 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

things are changing so fast:  From 5.00 - how Defi DEX will make trading a flat playing field - XLM  but i guess Ripple/XRP will develop similar systems

One of the things I expect will happen is that regulatory compliance will be critical for anyone to issue currencies, especially algorithmic, along with issuing tokens. 

My hope is that blockchains like XRPL which have built in AML and support for token issuance through regulated and audited gateways are well placed to take advantage of that.

If tokens could be issued through gateways on XRPL and then connected to other blockchains through something like Flare, or other mechanisms like the proposed federated side chain system, it would be brilliant.

Edited by Ripley

1 hour ago, Ripley said:

One of the things I expect will happen is that regulatory compliance will be critical for anyone to issue currencies, especially algorithmic, along with issuing tokens. 

My hope is that blockchains like XRPL which have built in AML and support for token issuance through regulated and audited gateways are well placed to take advantage of that.

If tokens could be issued through gateways on XRPL and then connected to other blockchains through something like Flare, or other mechanisms like the proposed federated side chain system, it would be brilliant.

These practical applications of Defi are mind blowing and will obviously take off and be offered as services to everyone, just like we use Ebay and  Amazon are ubiquitous.  My intuition is that Ripple have developed a lot of connections, knowledge and experience in reading the markets/regulators and that they are better poised to enter and compete in these markets than any other crypto management company.  They also have a big team of developers under David S's flexible and intelligent guidance.   At some point all these apparent setbacks and delays will play out to the advantage of XRP.

Edited by Julian_Williams