Charting the course of XRP

1 hour ago, Seoulite said:

That thread actually makes me think that Ripple's position is stronger. He notes that even Americans selling xrp are not exempt, so this means that the SEC should be prosecuting the hundreds of thousands (millions?) of Americans who have ever sold XRP at any time in the last 8 years. That is obviously not going to happen. Of all the crazy and ridiculous things that can happen, this is not one of them. I am confident in saying that. That means at some point the SEC either says everyone except Ripple is exempt, or XRP is not a security. 'XRP is a security and we intend to prosecute every American who has ever sold xrp ever' is not on the table.

I swear is it just me or does Deaton look like Heisenberg in that twitter profile pic? At least when you’re just glancing at the thumbnail in your post. 

4 hours ago, Seoulite said:

That thread actually makes me think that Ripple's position is stronger. He notes that even Americans selling xrp are not exempt, so this means that the SEC should be prosecuting the hundreds of thousands (millions?) of Americans who have ever sold XRP at any time in the last 8 years. That is obviously not going to happen. Of all the crazy and ridiculous things that can happen, this is not one of them. I am confident in saying that. That means at some point the SEC either says everyone except Ripple is exempt, or XRP is not a security. 'XRP is a security and we intend to prosecute every American who has ever sold xrp ever' is not on the table.

I thought that this was dealt with earlier in the case, that the SEC were interested in only Ripple, Brad and Larsen? Would have to go back in the case thread to find that info, but it was discussed.

15 minutes ago, WarChest said:

I thought that this was dealt with earlier in the case, that the SEC were interested in only Ripple, Brad and Larsen? Would have to go back in the case thread to find that info, but it was discussed.

I thought so too but John Deaton doesn't think so. And also the SEC would just say 'we've made no official announcements about that' just like they have never said that ETH and BTC are not securities.

2 hours ago, Seoulite said:

I thought so too but John Deaton doesn't think so. And also the SEC would just say 'we've made no official announcements about that' just like they have never said that ETH and BTC are not securities.

https://www.crypto-law.us/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/210406_HearingTranscript_Apr6_2021_2pm_20Civ10832.pdf

THE COURT: Just a quick clarifying question. You distinguish the speech, Mr. Hinman's speech suggesting it was not a pronouncement but rather just a speech that referenced Bitcoin and so is it -- does the SEC take a position that as of a certain date its position was official as to Bitcoin and Ether?

MR. BLISS: So I want to make clear that this is my understanding of the current situation and I don't want to be overly technical but the SEC, itself, my understanding, it has not taken an official position. There is no action that it took to say Bitcoin is not a security, Ether is not a security.  Now, there was a speech by a high-ranking person who said that to him that's what it looked like but there has been no action letter, no enforcement action, none of the official ways in which the SEC takes a position on that matter that has occurred. What I understand defendants to be referencing is the speech by Mr. Hinman which is not an official statement of the Securities and Exchange Commission itself.

THE COURT: Okay. Thank you. I appreciate that clarity.

Edited by NightJanitor
Removed my personal commentary. I think the transcript (Page 50) speaks for itself.

Like all politicians, it’s the way they say nothing that means something, until it suits them to deny it meant anything.

Edited by WarChest

3 minutes ago, xrpDeslie said:

I was a btc maxi before the sec case got huge publicity, my vision was so narrow that I can only see btc and nothing else, i even bashed a lot of people from the xrp community in the past. 

I was wrong. I decided to just take a little look at xrp due to the publicity, then small research lead to bigger research and eventually i came to realise that xrp is the one that make the most sense. 

I'm actually hitting myself now against the wall for not opening my eyes sooner, now i pay the price of entering late at 1 dollar plus. 

With that said, let's go to the moon. 

Welcome my friend :)Better late than never, as they say.

I wonder what mis-information kept you from looking into XRP for so long.

6 minutes ago, xrpDeslie said:

I was a btc maxi before the sec case got huge publicity, my vision was so narrow that I can only see btc and nothing else, i even bashed a lot of people from the xrp community in the past. 

I was wrong. I decided to just take a little look at xrp due to the publicity, then small research lead to bigger research and eventually i came to realise that xrp is the one that make the most sense. 

I'm actually hitting myself now against the wall for not opening my eyes sooner, now i pay the price of entering late at 1 dollar plus. 

With that said, let's go to the moon. 

Takes a big man to publicly admit one was wrong about something. Kudos to you for that, and welcome to XRPChat, I'm sure you'll find this forum welcoming and a great source of information.