Charting the course of XRP

I am thinking the same. The institution money only or predominately buys BTC for now, maybe some Eth, to keep the price stable. The traditional crypto players are moving their BTC to alts. When institutional money starts to take larger stake in alts, watch out.

Edited by MQB
  • Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was participating undercover :).  The trolls became too overwhelming while XRP was in the dumps, I figure its safe to come out again.

There are actually several lawyers in the crypto space who have analysed the case extremely closely explaining how the case will likely play out. Given that these lawyers are either BTC or ETH maxis a

These threads are being derailed by childish banter, could you please keep things on topic and move your chit chat elsewhere. The forum is becoming less interesting for many of us.

1 minute ago, JASCoder said:

@tar - Interesting chart, thanks for sharing, Tar.

If we're gonna see XRP break out of the descending channel, it would be around now, just be looking at the volume bars of late. That is what it will take I'm guessing.

Can you share the volume link please.

11 hours ago, Seoulite said:

This involves some risk to your coins.

@Nat99 - One addition to friend Seoulite's helpful post...

As I understand it, the term "risk," is not referencing a possible loss of your tokens, but of a failing to earn maximum yield returns you'd otherwise realize from just simple (un-paired) staking. The DeFi/AMM term used for this kind of "loss" is called impermanent loss, caused by pricing changes whilst your tokens are staked...

It's better explained here: https://academy.binance.com/en/articles/impermanent-loss-explained 

6 hours ago, jockeyng said:

I just don't know what BTC is doing, it can't go up, and it refuse to go down. Usually when it didn't go up for so long it will just give up and crush.

This will give ALTS a chance to grow when people is using BTC profit to buy-in.

This BTC bull cycle really makes you wonder if institutional investor are the real diamond hands? 

Oh, of course they can be! So long as it suits them. Institutions set plans and goals and it’s not all up to just one person, so it’s a LOT harder to act on panic. First the board needs to meet and discuss it.

6 hours ago, Moonraker said:

Any idea where we'll be dipping to?

I’m not a TA dude, I just kinda base my views on crypto on intuition, but I think at the absolute worst case of a temporary dip/shakedown, it might go to the mid 80’s or 90’s. That’s just my opinion and based on intuition, so take it with a grain of salt. With that said I don’t really see us dipping below a dollar for more than a few instants unless some pretty bad news hit. That dollar value psychological range has been broken, DECISIVELY. So barring any screwups, I think the boat has long sailed to “buy cheap” XRP. 

7 hours ago, jockeyng said:

just don't know what BTC is doing, it can't go up, and it refuse to go down. Usually when it didn't go up for so long it will just give up and crush.

I’m surprised to wake up and see it hasn’t fallen. We are in a tight range which means next is fast movement either up or down. I still think the chart looks bearish and I will continue to think so until we see strong upward movement through the ATH. That means at any time btc could dump and I think it will drag the market down with it, including xrp. Maybe I’m just being too cautious because xrp is still surprisingly bullish. Hard to say right now.

Edited by Seoulite
9 hours ago, Moonraker said:

Any idea where we'll be dipping to?

Not for you Moonraker but for anyone thinking about it: please do not take trades on what I say. I am very often wrong, and also I am not trading this myself. I don't sell and rebuy. I have my position and I am not going to begin selling until we reach my target. The market is very bullish and if you sell hoping to rebuy you might end up buying higher. Any sudden announcement like coinbase or binance relisting could send this thing 50 cents higher in the space of a few hours. Be careful.

Edited by Seoulite
21 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

Not for you Moonraker but for anyone thinking about it: please do not take trades on what I say. I am very often wrong, and also I am not trading this myself. I don't sell and rebuy. I have my position and I am not going to begin selling until we reach my target. The market is very bullish and if you sell hoping to rebuy you might end up buying higher. Any sudden announcement like coinbase or binance relisting could send this thing 50 cents higher in the space of a few hours. Be careful.

Agreed. I lost 25% of my stake thinking I am a god day trader.

XRP is like a lottery ticket with a biased chance to win(Says thanks to SEC and all unlisted exchange), > 50% chance

I hope that my lost can have some value so I shared it here.

Edited by jockeyng

Do not like this price action at all on BTC. Very tight range, can't stay above 60. Manipulated up the wazoo. Either this is a fake out upwards or a fake out downwards. Either way I don't trust it. XRP finding surprisingly strong support around 1.30, but I still think a lot depends on what BTC decides to do next. Everyone holding their breath until then.

upLZctV2

17 minutes ago, banistersmind said:

I'm reading more and more of this guy on Twitter and he seems to know what he is talking about. He's posted a fascinating thread on an important piece of minutiae that caught my eye.

If we can get to $3 before we get that action letter and shortly after touching that we do get it, and the big exchanges start announcing relisting, I’d love to see the rally that would come from that. Sure, there will be lots of Americans dumping their bags since they’ll once again be able to trade, but I think the FOMO and the market will be able to absorb it under such bullish conditions. This is all getting very exciting. Always be prepared if shit hits the fan, though.