Hi! I'm Bob

BobWay

2 minutes ago, Rey said:

Thanks for sharing @CaptainHook Really awesome that you're trying to help others staying healthy. I wish you and your brother all the best :heart:

Thanks Rey 

The interesting thing is our last names are Hook , 

His first name IS JAMES  !       (as in captain James Hook)

and now I cant wait till he heals with his new peg leg so I can raz him about the whole Captain Hook thing .....             LOL ...................(gotta mess with my bro)  

19 hours ago, FFXman said:

@BobWay Hi Bob ,  I'm new to this forum but I think your summary of Ripple solutions and XRP offering atomic payments and instant

But we all know BTC does not scale . Now looking at the Xrapid transaction that involves sending fiat to XRP to fiat again one can clearly see that XRP is the superior asset in the flow . So you could imagine a future with XRP as a regulated bridge currency where Alice will say , why still all this complexity ? , why don't I just send XRP directly to Bob in the Philippines ??  Or ask my Bank to send XRP directly for me  .  And then it does become a retail  currency . 

I wonder what your take is on this matter . Do you think XRP could evolve from a remittance coin to a remittance/corporate coin and ultimately to a retail coin ? ( I'm thinking 5-10 years out  in this market that nobody can predict :-

Thanks a lot !! 

Have a browse  for SendFriend, was in the crypto news last month.

@CaptainHook thanks for sharing, i really appreciated your story ,food for thought for me ,  truck drivers diet is not the best so i hear you , thanks. 

@BobWay thanks for sharing  your story on your health and what you've been through,  I wish you all the best and a full recovery so you can enjoy your family and zerps , stay healthy. 

Also I was thinking about your reluctance about being a "public frontman". I'm terrible at public speaking myself and my arse becomes a octopus and doesn't want to let the seat go. So what about "Bob's Podcast" this way you can do it in the comfort of your own home , have what you want to say structured in front of you , use a white board for diagrams,  make it what you want , it can be organic or structured whatever you comfort level is and I'd say your comfort level will grow with practice.  I listen to different podcast all the time while I'm driving and sometimes JRE (Joe Rogan ) on YouTube.  Podcast could be a help for you in correlation with your club . I'd watch or just listen to you . As you can tell you'd have a large fan base. Hope that might help.

Hi Bob, I'd like to add to the chorus of thank yous here. I've been intrigued enough by your bread crumbs regarding how Ripple can add XRP into the market without dropping the price to go and read the claims in your "Resource Path Monitoring" patent (that's the one, folks). It looks like claim 6 and its dependents are the key. In my own self-education about Ripple and XRP this question of how can Ripple deploy its massive resources to increase liquidity seemed to be the most urgent question a hodler could hope to have answered. What I've gathered is:

1. It makes sense that someone who has thought about stablecoins a lot might have come up with a solution to this problem. 

2. A reasonable starting point is to ask "why couldn't Ripple just be the ur-market maker?" and consider the failure modes of that arrangement (which is analogous to saying "why couldn't Ripple make XRP a stablecoin with arbitrary value?").

3. I've drafted claimsets for chemistry patents and reading those is hard enough for me, but I think I'm correct in saying that claim 6 and its dependents suggest that the key is finding a corridor for which one trading pair with XRP has a wide bid-ask spread relative to other pairs and selling XRP into that channel.

4. Considering that in the context of stablecoins, you're essentially saying "we know XRP is at least -this- liquid according to the other pairings we have data on, so we can safely increase liquidity here where it's low for some reason. We aren't going to create a failed stablecoin because we have compelling reason to believe the market is more stable overall than we're demanding it be in this pairing."

Am I on to something here? I plan to go parse out the language with diagrams when I have time :)

11 hours ago, BobWay said:
      • Nobody can artificially manipulate the market to stabilize the crypto bridge currency, or they'll go to jail.

Nobody can artificially manipulate the market to stabilize the crypto bridge currency, or they'll go to jail.

Hi Bob. Like most, reading this thread I am most thankful for some insights you give us.

There used to be a guy called "Shane Ellis", purportedly working for UK government. He commented on a video on YouTube and I had gathered his comments/replies to questions in this document (which I named Shane Ellis theory): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lqNRyD_0p78p1byoLmd2O7C3WAuZNJVS 

Summary: he proposed XRP to have a very rapid and steep price increase once there's requirement for high value txs, through eating through the ask order books of a preferred xRapid partner exchange. Those high prices would be "maintained" by huge (hundreds of millions) buy/sell walls which he told was totally legal. You however state (see quote above) that it is illegal artificially manipulate the price.

My questions:

Does Shane's theory fall under your "artificially manipulated" price?

Do you think this "theory" is sound?

I guess the whole community then thinks: someone needs to go to jail right now. No-one can understand with all the good news coming, that the price is still so low. All agree that it looks like "manipulation", ie. keeping the price flat. Your take?

40 minutes ago, BobWay said:

Thank you very much for your good wishes and advice. I've been responding very well to diet and exercise changes. I know this works for me because it has in the past, but with all the work stress I fell into bad habits. I hadn't heard of cinnamon and chromium.  My wife is a pharmacist. I'll have her hunt that down.

We both have great respect for what has worked for others. I'm not convinced the conventional type 2 diabetes medical advice is very effective.

Hi Bob, first let me thank you for sharing all your knowledge with the XRP community. Concerning health related issues, for me the best source of information is Nutritionfacts.org of Dr. Michael Greger. His videos are based on the best available scientific evidence, he also provides insight about all the research, how some of it is sometimes manipulated, how public health care lags behind science etc. He has several videos about diabetes, so you might want to check them.

I don't want to hijack this thread, I want it to continue about Ripple and XRP, I just thought this might help.

8 hours ago, EcneitapLatnem said:

Deleted, decided this query has no relevance in this thread.... carry on.

Please re post. Intrusion is good. We may find out when moon. 

If Bob gave Alice 50 xrp today and she held on to it for 3 years before gifting 50% back to Bob, what dollar value did she gift back to Bob? Approximately? 

Hahahaha

I'm not a fan of the name XRPL

I think the XRPL community [...]

If you have your retirement savings in a Ripple wallet [...]

I too I hate the 2018 rebranding of:

• Currency Ripple (XRP) -> XRP
  • Ripple Labs (company awarded 80% of the Ripple currency to build ecosystem around it) -> Ripple

which was not really a rebranding, but unbranding: taking the excellent brand name away, and leaving the currency with just the technical ISO 4217 code, which is a lousy brand name (has to compete with many other X** tokens and does not have any associative meaning) .

Would you join a community effort to claim back the Ripple name for the currency, just by using it as such? I think we can legally do that, because the majority of tokens that were sold to the public were sold under that name. I consider stripping a perfectly good brand name from the tokens after selling them, and assigning that good brand name to your own company, is a form of theft.

@BobWay When do you think the companies that are currently using xrapid for small corridor remittance cross border payments are going to "flip the switch" and turn on major usage? 

This is what is supposed to be moving the PPC (prices per coin) in a meaningful way.

Currently it is very hard from what I have seen for people to even see the usage that is going on right now due to the low volume.

13 minutes ago, lucky said:

Would you join a community effort to claim back the Ripple name for the currency, just by using it as such? I think we can legally do that, because the majority of tokens that were sold to the public were sold under that name. I consider stripping a perfectly good brand name from the tokens after selling them, and assigning that good brand name to your own company, is a form of theft. 

To my understanding, XRP was never officially named 'Ripple', although it did have the name 'Ripple Credits' during an earlier stage of development. Be aware that the name 'Ripple' existed long before Jed came up with the idea for XRP.

Edited by electra_highway

6 minutes ago, electra_highway said:

To my understanding, XRP was never officially named 'Ripple', although it did have the name 'Ripple Credits' during an earlier stage of development. Be aware that the name 'Ripple' existed long before Jed came up with the idea for XRP.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160413005528/https://wiki.ripple.com/XRP

"Ripple credits, aka XRP or ripples, are the Ripple network's internal, or native, currency." - "XRP is the proposed ISO 4217 currency code designated for Ripple." (Written by Arthur Britto originally by the way).