2 minutes ago, Hodor said:

How can XRP crypto investors help mainstream financial markets - and those others already in crypto - move past current limitations into the future?

XRP_The_Future_Small_Twitter.jpg.c37b2ddd84161561768a163abd460d51.jpg

I give my take on this topic in today's blog, and spend some time covering the biggest XRP news items as well.  :sun_bespectacled:

This includes news from some of the biggest companies that build on XRP, including Ripple, Coil, and SBI, as well as two XRP Community members.  

I guarantee that the average crypto investor - and even those that follow XRP - have had a hard time keeping up with all the latest information; there's a lot to cover, but I did my best to touch on the most impactful items.  

Hope you enjoy today's latest edition. 

Please feel free to share my blog with a friend - or on any other platform or social media - and thank you for doing so!  :thank_you2:

Too late, already half-way through!!!

I am always scanning your posts and they get better over time. I like the sentiment of the "we together" and the community driven approaches. That speaks to the core of my heart. I think this is the way to go. Keep spreading the word. Much love. 

2 hours ago, Zerptime said:

You can still do it while working, a lot of people do, don't need to be rich to volunteer

@dadofzara is rock solid; I think he was just waxing philosophical - you make a fantastic point as well, however! 

I'll add to it: Sometimes it's the most powerful statement when those that have the least give the most - it's like a shining star in the wilderness of materialism.  We're all here for the investment, but just look at what ILP and Codius and the XRPL can do for financial inclusion worldwide.  

FYI - Some of the short stories in @XRPeteSampras's contest really inspired me to write this latest blog.  for those that haven't read them yet, here's the link:  https://www.xrpchat.com/forum/116-fan-submissions/

1 hour ago, Hodor said:

FYI - Some of the short stories in @XRPeteSampras's contest really inspired me to write this latest blog.  for those that haven't read them yet, here's the link:  https://www.xrpchat.com/forum/116-fan-submissions/

That was a great blog, and I totally agree with your sentiment that writing, art, stories, etc. can really show people what is possible, or the way things should be.

Thanks for your continued promotion of the contest. :)

2 hours ago, Hodor said:

@dadofzara is rock solid; I think he was just waxing philosophical - you make a fantastic point as well, however! 

I'll add to it: Sometimes it's the most powerful statement when those that have the least give the most - it's like a shining star in the wilderness of materialism.  We're all here for the investment, but just look at what ILP and Codius and the XRPL can do for financial inclusion worldwide.  

I remember a story that was doing the rounds about thirty years ago.  It told of an LSE professor giving a lecture to a new intake of students. On he first day he asked them "What is the aim of entrepreneurs when they set up a successful business?"

Many hands shot up:  "to make a profit for their shareholders"

"No" answered the professor  "successful entrepreneurs are motivated do it to provide a service to their customers"

This story came back to me when I was reading about the new DCEX exchange right opposite Coinbase.  The exchanges stand in stark contrast to each other.   When I look at Coinbase I can't help thinking it has been set up as play place for investors to speculate on trends and make people rich through being clever with money.  Coinbase's response to the the crash in confidence in January has been to set up index linked funds.  Fortune tell us "Armstrong is building Coinbase, the biggest U.S. Bitcoin exchange, into what his team hopes will become “the Google of crypto” ....Now the company is investing in upstarts and making acquisitions—including one that secured it a path to several tantalizing financial licenses."  Money, Money Money?

DCEX is filling a hole Coinbase have refuse to be involved in.  DCEX is set up to serve a purpose inside the Ripple ecosystem which is serving the purpose of providing better more flexible money transfer services for all sizes of business.  The speculative investors, people like us, are really a side show to the purpose of the DCEX exchange.  The decisions of the board will be guided by how to fill a hole in the Ripple ecosystem and I expect they will become very rich, but getting rich is not the purpose of the business.

Maybe I am biased or misunderstood DCEX and perhaps I am being unfair to Coinbase, it just a feeling I had when looking at this development earlier this week

Edited by Julian_Williams

Thank you Hodor. We all have the power to envision a brighter future void of hunger and poverty. I firmly believe in the power of manifestation through the imagination. Everything begins with an idea. Blockchain was just an idea blowing in the wind and now with blockchain we have the power to make that vision a reality. Brilliant blog as always!