Charting the course of XRP

1 hour ago, BroHamBone said:

And sometimes a status conference can promote a "settlement" rather than going to full blown trial...., but I understand there may not be much now.  Ty for the info!

My guess

Pre-trial

I think the best we can expect as an outcome of the Feb 22 conference is if Ripple's lawyers choose to share the response to the FOIA requests. They don't have to. May be there is something there, may be there isn't. May be Ripple knew to place the FOIA requests because they were advised by previous SEC commissioners who were in the know about those conversations. May be I'm being a conspiracy theorist here.

The pre-trial conference may serve as setting the background for the proceedings in the future.

Settlement with the current interim SEC chairman is highly unlikely. Confirmation of Gary Gensler as SEC chairman will possibly be in the second half of March at the earliest, assuming the impeachment trial is completed by end of February or early March.

Post SEC Chairman Confirmation through Discovery process

Ripple and SEC may have opportunities to settle any time after Mr. Gensler is appointed. If so, they may already be involved in negotiations. Assuming this doesn't happen, there will be an opportunity at the end of the Discovery process.

Post Discovery

If there's no settlement at this point, we should buckle up for a long ride ahead. Even after a trial, I'd imagine the losing side will appeal. It'll take at least 2 years. SEC has all the time in the world. Ripple doesn't.

I hope that settlement is not a single "milestone" and that there would be some changes to the nature of the lawsuit itself to ease the pressure off a bit. 

Edited by Ripley

4 hours ago, PunishmentOfLuxury said:

Nothing significant for the price will happen on 22 Feb, except a lot of disappointment from people who misunderstand what it's about:

I disagree, in terms of price action anyway. I’ve a sad feeling this build up is going to drop right back down as people will expect positive news.. which I’m also pretty certain won’t be happening.. that’s not to say it will be negative however.

ADA is absolutely killing it, passed Tether and only looking up 👀

1 hour ago, xrp_is_love_xrp_is_life said:

Better do it slowly. If we pump too fast it dumps right after.

I’m OK with that, by the time we get above 1 dollar at this pace - BTC would have probably already dived and momentum would be lost.

3 hours ago, RussianStandards said:

Beautiful to wake up to more movement in the right direction. We are getting plenty of intra-day wicks downward too which get bought up quickly. Bullish right?

Higher highs higher lows, looking good.

Edited by Begofend