Xpring invested projects

yxxyun

This one in particular рissed me off:

Basically, developers with a proven track record and knowledge of XRPL (creators of Toast Wallet) proposed to develop XRP payments mechanism to enable more people to actually use the damn thing and the response from Ripple was - eh mate, you won't be profitable for us, let us invest in some random companies that don't give two fuсks about XRP and XRPL but they would be good for our Ripple shares down the road. Meanwhile we'll 'distributing' XRP based on an inflated wash trading volume, but you keep buying it as Euro Exim bank and SBI will launch soon.

Sorry, end of rant.

1 hour ago, iLeeT said:

This one in particular рissed me off: Basically, developers with a proven track record and knowledge of XRPL (creators of Toast Wallet) proposed to develop XRP payments mechanism to enable more people to actually use the damn thing and the response from Ripple was - eh mate, you won't be profitable for us, let us invest in some random companies that don't give two fuсks about XRP and XRPL but they would be good for our Ripple shares down the road. Meanwhile we'll 'distributing' XRP based on an inflated wash trading volume, but you keep buying it as Euro Exim bank and SBI will launch soon.

Xpring team is so bad in their communication on so many levels. Maybe this is what happens when you don’t have anybody with a development background in the team which is supposedly meant to improve the open-source eco-system. Maybe Xpring guys have forgotten that they work in the company which was once famous for its transparency and honesty. Or just maybe they simply don’t care because Ripple had changed its target operating model and does not build the eco-system anymore?

There are too many weird things happened in ~1 year. For me personally it started with Stefan leaving Ripple and the infamous “Head of community”. I have no doubts that David, Nick and other developers are honest in their communications (and just BTW those guys is the real reason why Ripple has been successful so far). But I have my doubts about Ripple as a company lately.

Edited by Lamberth

1 hour ago, iLeeT said:

This one in particular рissed me off:

Basically, developers with a proven track record and knowledge of XRPL (creators of Toast Wallet) proposed to develop XRP payments mechanism to enable more people to actually use the damn thing and the response from Ripple was - eh mate, you won't be profitable for us, let us invest in some random companies that don't give two fuсks about XRP and XRPL but they would be good for our Ripple shares down the road. Meanwhile we'll 'distributing' XRP based on an inflated wash trading volume, but you keep buying it as Euro Exim bank and SBI will launch soon.

Sorry, end of rant.

Basically ripple and Brad need to make more money for their private backers, they not gonna support a project that's gonna result in a loss just to please retail xrp bagholders

It will be very interesting to see how Ripple behave in the coming weeks.  The CL wallet sales and XPring are both pushing the price of XRP down and creating a heightened sense of disillusionment amongst those investing in XRP.  These investment patterns by Ripple are understandably seen as a slap in the face for investors who have been waiting for a lift off, or even to break even, after the long cryptic winter when they have sustained heavy losses.  Ripple have often said they value the XRP community, so this is really an opportunity for them to show that these statements are more than just words..

Personally I believe the CL wallet sales are part of some long term strategy. Maybe part of a strategy to distribute and keep the price of XRP low before the XRapid corridors get adopted on a commercial scale.  XPring seems to have gone on a frolic of its own, and needs to be reined back.  They need more Weitse Winds.

I guess it is going to be hard for Ripple to tell us they have been manipulating the price of XRP, and using CL wallet to keep the price of XRP down.  SEC would be embarrassed by such an announcement, it might also play badly in their court case.  But Ripple could stop some of the downward pressure on XRP which would change sentiment very rapidly.

I think Ripple XRP have got a lot right and are very well positioned to dominate/play a big part in cross border payments and settlements.  I remain confident and am sitting tight.  I have no money to buy more, and in any case it looks as if the price of XRP might go down in the short term. 

Edited by Julian_Williams

On 7/10/2019 at 2:29 PM, Tinyaccount said:

And yet it is absolutely ripe with possibilities.  A damn shame really.

True. But some are building. The reason is that most programmers don't understand the XRPL environment. Wietse and some Xpring startup's do.

That is why I believe Ripple is relaunching Codius. I will be accompanied with java/javascript and C++. Known program languages with normal priced programmers who can do the work. Which is very important for companies.

Ripple Codius: "This open-source platform allows smart contracts to be written in any popular programming language and it lowers the operating costs by several orders of magnitude compared to Ethereum. It will reduce the barriers to entry for many and opens up the possibility of decentralized mainstream applications built using blockchain."

Source: https://www.xripple.news/2019/07/09/former-ripple-cto-launches-platform-to-allow-users-to-easily-write-and-deploy-smart-contracts/

Edited by cryptoxrp

1 minute ago, cryptoxrp said:

True. But some are building. The reason is that most programmers don't understand the XRPL environment. Wietse and some Xpring startup's do.

That is why I believe Ripple is relaunching Codius. I will be accompanied with java/javascript and C++. Known program languages with normal priced programmers who can do the work. Which is very important for companies.

Ripple Codius: "This open-source platform allows smart contracts to be written in any popular programming language and it lowers the operating costs by several orders of magnitude compared to Ethereum. It will reduce the barriers to entry for many and opens up the possibility of decentralized mainstream applications built using blockchain."

Source: https://www.xripple.news/2019/07/09/former-ripple-cto-launches-platform-to-allow-users-to-easily-write-and-deploy-smart-contracts/

Yes XRPL needs Codius feature.  R3 provide a smart contract feature.  They should have spent more time on this and less on XPring

15 minutes ago, Lamberth said:

There are too many weird things happened in ~1 year. For me personally it started with Stefan leaving Ripple and the infamous “Head of community”. I have no doubts that David, Nick and other developers are honest in their communications (and just BTW those guys is the real reason why Ripple has been successful so far). But I have my doubts about Ripple as a company lately.

Yes, this mess calls into question Brad's management abilities.  I am not that impressed with COIL so far, but Stefan really knows how to put together a strategy.  It will be interesting to watch.

Edited by Julian_Williams

My question to those who are angry, with right reason of course because ripple showed retail investors one big middle finger.. why dont you just derisk your investment? There are so many flaws and red flags that is beyond me. I sold 40% two weeks ago and I really stopped carrying. 

I mean, ds sold (i mean derisked), cl sells, ripple dumps as much as they can, they throw your money to useless donations and ex presidents, "you" invest in projects that has nothing to do with xrp and have negative impact on your price because they will just bring sell pressure, zero banks use xrp and I it seems it will stay like that for some time, remittance companies do not use xrp, one of the first coridors is pathetic for months now (bitso), seriously, are you in love with your investment? 

Turn your emotions off for the sake of your senity. 

On 7/13/2019 at 4:03 AM, yxxyun said:

Well,  as I can be here for many years, longer than any others I think, so I can keep tracking these projects to see how are they benefit XRP and XRPL.

Whoa, don't be tempting fate, i mean you could get hit by a bus tomorrow...just saying 

3 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Yes, this mess calls into question Brad's management abilities.  I am not that impressed with COIL so far, but Stefan really knows how to put together a strategy.  It will be interesting to watch.

I tend to agree but the jury is still out on Brad. He is a good communicator but strategy in crypto is something completely different. Personally I am very happy that Codius is being relaunched. Better late than never...

3 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

My question to those who are angry, with right reason of course because ripple showed retail investors one big middle finger.. why dont you just derisk your investment? There are so many flaws and red flags that is beyond me. I sold 40% two weeks ago and I really stopped carrying. 

I mean, ds sold (i mean derisked), cl sells, ripple dumps as much as they can, they throw your money to useless donations and ex presidents, "you" invest in projects that has nothing to do with xrp and have negative impact on your price because they will just bring sell pressure, zero banks use xrp and I it seems it will stay like that for some time, remittance companies do not use xrp, one of the first coridors is pathetic for months now (bitso), seriously, are you in love with your investment? 

Turn your emotions off for the sake of your senity. 

I did sell in 2018 and my ROI is more than great. Does not stop me from being angry somehow :)

8 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

I sold ~90% of my stack around January when I saw the amount of XRP going out from both programmatic sales wallets in comparison to the real trading volume and when I saw none of the xRapid promises come true. But I still have around 10% and still care about the future of XRP and the tech as it is one of the very few in this space that's pretty damn good so it hurts a bit to see how things are developing. I'm ready to rebuy most of my stack, even at a premium if I see adoption and the ecosystem evolving. 

1 hour ago, JA8 said:

I find this indirect funding of competing blockchains really quite bizarre, and is difficult to justify without some strange permutations of logic. I don’t believe it can be justified actually.

I get the sense that some of Ripple’s own high-level employees find it strange as well.

From the tone of this article, it would seem that there is a regulatory angle to ripple's strategic madness ... to support competing blockchains ..  I'll let others chime in their opinions..

https://zycrypto.com/ripple-ceo-brad-garlinghouse-speaks-on-libra-xrp-and-crypto-regulations/

The following article was a year ago ..... almost the same message ..

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/07/ripple-ceo-tells-cryptocurrency-industry-to-work-with-the-regulators.html