SEC and escrow

musclehog

16 hours ago, Kpuff said:

Well the issue with that is the Escrow won’t be depleted for a very very long time I’m talking like 5 years plus.

I'm interested to see what, if any, effects just half-depleted escrow supply will bring... after all, there's been a lot of discussion about Ripple controlling half of the supply, but it really won't be long before that's just not true anymore...

What is the toll for trolling a troll?
Take one for the team but a hole in your soul.

And at what cost to expose the sly mole?
Shave off ten IQ points and toss in the hole.

A fine  deal for me as I drop and then roll,
on the floor you can find my a$$ as I LOL!

29 minutes ago, GiddyUp said:

I'm interested to see what, if any, effects just half-depleted escrow supply will bring... after all, there's been a lot of discussion about Ripple controlling half of the supply, but it really won't be long before that's just not true anymore...

Very true that would be pretty interesting to see what happens when that happens

There might not be a ruling on XRP for many years because as soon as the SEC makes a ruling, and this space is still in its infancy, such an early ruling if negative could have very negative effects on the growth of this space in the US, and if they make a positive ruling prematurely, there could subsequently be loopholes found that don't exist currently that allow legacy securities to be introduced legally in a sneaky way that's compliant with their ruling - my guess.

2 hours ago, Paradox said:

The SEC doesn’t make rulings, their job is to “enforce” the existing securities law.   In my personal opinion, if the SEC wanted to bring an enforcement action against Ripple regarding XRP (which would then leave it up to a court to provide the actual ruling), they would have done so already.   Furthermore, public opinions or “guidance” provided by SEC does not constitute actual law.  It is merely a statement of the agency’s position.

Like any government agency, the SEC has limited resources at its disposal.  Going after Ripple/XRP would not only be a very expensive endeavor, it is also not a clear cut and dry case from a securities law perspective.   The SEC is much more likely to spend their resources going after ACTUAL scams and blatantly fraudulent ICOs etc.

Yeah, I know they don't make rulings in a judicial sense - I meant ruling as in a "decision".  They are a 'police force' for the corporate world. 

Edited by enrique11

On 4/21/2019 at 1:52 PM, Phintech said:

User Age:  brand new

Attempt to Spin News or Topic as Concern:  10/10

Troll Transparency Score: 10/10.  

Bitcoin Maximalist (or paid by one) Fear Factor: 10/10

Effectiveness Score: weak as F

Suggestions:  Rechannel your fear and protectionism to fixing your antiquated tech, living off first mover advantage.  Find it’s first use case.  Find a way to get it past 4 TPS.  Fix it’s horrific governance.  Buy some XRP.

nah dude, im fuckin in......this **** is legit and i think its going to be used as the digital currency of money transfers in the near future. I think the SEC will declare this a currency. You guys cant be just so damm defensive to normal discussion.