Epic Pennant on BTC Chart

43 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

Alts started turning up night before last, and now they're all turning up together. Significantly different action than we've seen in a couple of months. I think we might have a run up on our hands

No guarantees, but this is the most bullish morning in quite a while, in my view.

Just need another 3-6 months of them!

Day 3 of my missed prediction.

We have 3 red days in a row on bitcoin today is slightly green about 1% up.  Slight turn up in XRP about .7 % so Moral is up, it's not a big move up, but anything other than a kick in the teeth for alts  is met with elation at this point.  I have every confidence things will turn soon, big move on big volume that makes everyone forget the last week.  

In regards to ALTs.  Like I wrote before I don't think ALT season will kick off until Bitcoin has regained it's ATH and gone Parabolic.  My whole Idea of ALT season is that people see Bitcoin's price go parabolic and those that missed out on it look for "The Next Bitcoin" .  If Bitcoin Sh*ts the bed and drops to $9k and tons of people lose money, no one will be looking for the next way to lose money.  For most of the public Bitcoin is Crypto.  If Bitcoin is a bad investment so is Crypto.

I do think we are due for some price appreciation  which will happen but I think it will basically in sympathy to bitcoin's move.  Just at a glance it seems that ALTs have been moving about double to bitcoin.  Move up of 5% on bitcoin = move up of 10% of Alts, just a basic rule of thumb I go by.

As to specific ALTs, it seems that Most, ETH, LTC, NEO,  the whole community really with the exception of XRP are having development issues which seem to be related to the lack of Blockchain Programmers.  Obviously the lack of a talent pool is a this a growing pain of all industries at their initial stage of development and it shows how early in the game we really are.  XRP obviously through the efforts of Ripple does not seem to have this problem or at least XRP has enough products developed for it's platform to be functioning as intended (although I'm sure they are probably experiencing the same issues with regard to additional development with regard to the other less mentioned uses for their platform (smart-contracts, etc).  So XRP is uniquely positioned at the front of the ALT as far as I'm concerned and should be able to really take advantage of buying momentum when the market turns.

8 23 19.png

Edited by Eric123

33 minutes ago, Eric123 said:

Day 3 of my missed prediction.

We have 3 red days in a row on bitcoin today is slightly green about 1% up.  Slight turn up in XRP about .7 % so Moral is up, it's not a big move up, but anything other than a kick in the teeth for alts  is met with elation at this point.  I have every confidence things will turn soon, big move on big volume that makes everyone forget the last week.  

In regards to ALTs.  Like I wrote before I don't think ALT season will kick off until Bitcoin has regained it's ATH and gone Parabolic.  My whole Idea of ALT season is that people see Bitcoin's price go parabolic and those that missed out on it look for "The Next Bitcoin" .  If Bitcoin Sh*ts the bed and drops to $9k and tons of people lose money, no one will be looking for the next way to lose money.  For most of the public Bitcoin is Crypto.  If Bitcoin is a bad investment so is Crypto.

I do think we are due for some price appreciation  which will happen but I think it will basically in sympathy to bitcoin's move.  Just at a glance it seems that ALTs have been moving about double to bitcoin.  Move up of 5% on bitcoin = move up of 10% of Alts, just a basic rule of thumb I go by.

As to specific ALTs, it seems that Most, ETH, LTC, NEO,  the whole community really with the exception of XRP are having development issues which seem to be related to the lack of Blockchain Programmers.  Obviously the lack of a talent pool is a this a growing pain of all industries at their initial stage of development and it shows how early in the game we really are.  XRP obviously through the efforts of Ripple does not seem to have this problem or at least XRP has enough products developed for it's platform to be functioning as intended (although I'm sure they are probably experiencing the same issues with regard to additional development with regard to the other less mentioned uses for their platform (smart-contracts, etc).  So XRP is uniquely positioned at the front of the ALT as far as I'm concerned and should be able to really take advantage of buying momentum when the market turns.

8 23 19.png

I've been saying the same thing about Bitcoin and Alt Season. If people should be rooting for anything they should be hoping Bitcoin gets back to $20K. That is when a lot of interest will get turned back to crypto in my opinion.

On your point about XRP development. To me, that is another advantage of having an actual operating company behind a digital asset. XRP will never have that problem of lack of development because Ripple's business model depends on it. 

6 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

Late yesterday the XRP Ledger Payment Volume started inching up and broke 50%. Now it's at 69%.

1351422955_ScreenShot2019-08-23at9_53_14AM.thumb.png.b2bd1692183924127c2ac776b7e2e1b4.png

Thank You!  As many times as I've glanced at these numbers, I never thought to look at payment volume as a percentage of the trade volume. To have moved from less than 50% to the current 70%, is a sign of great things to come, imho. Of course, this isn't "investment advice" (hahaha) but if timing is everything, and someone is still on the fence, this looks like it's shaping up to be a great opportunity to "run with the bulls" without getting gored.

1 hour ago, WuWei said:

Thank You!  As many times as I've glanced at these numbers, I never thought to look at payment volume as a percentage of the trade volume. To have moved from less than 50% to the current 70%, is a sign of great things to come, imho. Of course, this isn't "investment advice" (hahaha) but if timing is everything, and someone is still on the fence, this looks like it's shaping up to be a great opportunity to "run with the bulls" without getting gored.

The idea is from Galgitron...xRapid use should cause a rise in this ratio number, so I've started tracking it. We briefly got to near parity last month and then it fell a lot...I've been told it goes up and down a lot...but it's only in the last 4-6 weeks I've personally seen it get above 50%.

Edited by dr_ed

16 minutes ago, Milly238 said:

@Eric123 something good? Or you aren't sure which way, but something should be happening soon?

Not to speak for Eric, but we've made a bottom, and if the chart closes above that trend line he drew, that is considered confirmation of a swing low....that a reversal has happened and we're in a new uptrend.....don't know how long or short it might be, though.

@Milly238 I have a bullish bias because I think Crypto is the future, but short term direction is always tricky.  XRP is bouncing against the top of a downward trendline that began on June 26,  when everything peaked and then retreated. I think we break through the top of the line here and get a move up in the whole market which I think happens soon - (matter of days).  XRP's chart being right at the line is making me more confident that this will occur.