2018 Citi Digital Money Symposium - Marcus Treacher - Global Head of Strategic Accounts at Ripple

JoelQuinn

5 minutes ago, Hodlezerper said:

https://www.citi.com/commercialbank/insights/assets/docs/2018/The-Bank-of-the-Future/files/assets/common/downloads/The Bank of the Future.pdf

Citi says it doubts XRP will be used by banks as a settlement asset due to centralization. 

Can you provide some context as to why you posted this statement? Did Marcus T. say they would be or imply they would?

2 minutes ago, Raz said:

Can you provide some context as to why you posted this statement? Did Marcus T. say they would be or imply they would?

I find it interesting that Citi posts a video with Marcus Treacher discussing the technology, yet in the PDF I posted above, citi says specifically they don't think that XRP will be used as a settlement solution by banks.  Page 104

Edited by Hodlezerper

30 minutes ago, Hodlezerper said:

https://www.citi.com/commercialbank/insights/assets/docs/2018/The-Bank-of-the-Future/files/assets/common/downloads/The Bank of the Future.pdf

Citi says it doubts XRP will be used by banks as a settlement asset due to centralization. 

Page 104

Citi can buy 50% of XRP ... then they will start to like the centralization a bit more.

33 minutes ago, Hodlezerper said:

I find it interesting that Citi posts a video with Marcus Treacher discussing the technology, yet in the PDF I posted above, citi says specifically they don't think that XRP will be used as a settlement solution by banks.  Page 104

Thanks for the response. It is indeed interesting

What is good is that it is becoming more and more decentralized everyday. Even since this PDF was produced in March, the ledger has become more decentralized. 

10 minutes ago, Hodlezerper said:

I think their comment was based on the 60% holdings 

Lol if that is the case then @NanamiIsLove had it right. They wouldn't have a problem with it if they owned the majority of it lol

53 minutes ago, Hodlezerper said:

It is interesting, and I think a bit predictable in that it's hard to trust what they say versus what they do...seems to be a pattern amongst a number of entities in this space...

Does everyone here believes that top managers would give away their core advantages? Or that they would publicly announce what are they doing to be upfront of their competition? Sometimes they just want to mix ****, so no one has a clue what is their torpedo in the wast blue sea.