Jump to content

2018 Citi Digital Money Symposium - Marcus Treacher - Global Head of Strategic Accounts at Ripple


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Hodlezerper said:

https://www.citi.com/commercialbank/insights/assets/docs/2018/The-Bank-of-the-Future/files/assets/common/downloads/The Bank of the Future.pdf

Citi says it doubts XRP will be used by banks as a settlement asset due to centralization. 

Can you provide some context as to why you posted this statement? Did Marcus T. say they would be or imply they would?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Raz said:

Can you provide some context as to why you posted this statement? Did Marcus T. say they would be or imply they would?

I find it interesting that Citi posts a video with Marcus Treacher discussing the technology, yet in the PDF I posted above, citi says specifically they don't think that XRP will be used as a settlement solution by banks.  Page 104

Edited by Hodlezerper
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Hodlezerper said:

https://www.citi.com/commercialbank/insights/assets/docs/2018/The-Bank-of-the-Future/files/assets/common/downloads/The Bank of the Future.pdf

Citi says it doubts XRP will be used by banks as a settlement asset due to centralization. 

Page 104

Citi can buy 50% of XRP ... then they will start to like the centralization a bit more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Hodlezerper said:

I find it interesting that Citi posts a video with Marcus Treacher discussing the technology, yet in the PDF I posted above, citi says specifically they don't think that XRP will be used as a settlement solution by banks.  Page 104

Thanks for the response. It is indeed interesting

Link to post
Share on other sites

What is good is that it is becoming more and more decentralized everyday. Even since this PDF was produced in March, the ledger has become more decentralized. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Hodlezerper said:

I think their comment was based on the 60% holdings 

Lol if that is the case then @NanamiIsLove had it right. They wouldn't have a problem with it if they owned the majority of it lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Hodlezerper said:

I find it interesting that Citi posts a video with Marcus Treacher discussing the technology, yet in the PDF I posted above, citi says specifically they don't think that XRP will be used as a settlement solution by banks.  Page 104

It is interesting, and I think a bit predictable in that it's hard to trust what they say versus what they do...seems to be a pattern amongst a number of entities in this space...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.