Will the flood of new money that came in 2017 ever return

According to the btc cycle theory we might have to wait a while until the next mega bull run. On the other hand there's a lot more interest in the crypto space now but futures market so no one really knows what will happen. 

Our best bet for now is to keep an eye out on volume to see if it increases via xRapid.

Edited by bayarea510

2 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

Well there's the guy who thinks XRP will be 5 cents at end of June 2019.  I suppose he can hide behind the fig leaf of "no, in the longer term after 2019, I believe XRP will be OK" - but that's disingenuous.  A 5 cent XRP price in June 2019 would really do massive damage to XRP's reputation.  If it ever did recover from that, it would be a painfully slow recovery.  Can you imagine the damage low volume + low price would do to the actual utility of xRapid? It would set it back years.

His quote is $.10 I believe. And yeah, he may be a little butt-hurt....but his posting wasn’t all kinds of crazy or detrimental to XRP. So, he isn’t feeling all that positive. Explain how that somehow hurts you?  

I have heard that a while back there were true trolls. Yes, those guys are annoying and if you ignore them or ban them they eventually go away. I haven’t seen any evidence of guys like that since I have been here. 

Maybe, and I mean this in as positive a way as possible, you just need to be a little less sensitive. I am not sure why that would even ripple your waters, let alone for you to be bringing it up, days later. 

6 minutes ago, AllinXRP said:

His quote is $.10 I believe. And yeah, he may be a little butt-hurt....but his posting wasn’t all kinds of crazy or detrimental to XRP. So, he isn’t feeling all that positive. Explain how that somehow hurts you?  

I have heard that a while back there were true trolls. Yes, those guys are annoying and if you ignore them or ban them they eventually go away. I haven’t seen any evidence of guys like that since I have been here. 

Maybe, and I mean this in as positive a way as possible, you just need to be a little less sensitive. I am not sure why that would even ripple your waters, let alone for you to be bringing it up, days later. 

Everyone is entitled to make predictions no matter how bullish or bearish.  But people are investing real money so when someone says it's going to $.10 "enjoy the ride" with 6 exclamation points it comes across a tad trollish don't ya think?

37 minutes ago, PG1 said:

Everyone is entitled to make predictions no matter how bullish or bearish.  But people are investing real money so when someone says it's going to $.10 "enjoy the ride" with 6 exclamation points it comes across a tad trollish don't ya think?

Trollish and petty. I mean if you sold at loss why be bitter against other people who are still in the game. They will not harm nor benefit you and if you somehow regret it then reenter themarket bit by bit instead of trolling other people as that willnot benefit your life in any other way. I guess the saying "crabs in the bucket" really runs true in this life.

I guess the .05-.15 cent scenario could play out if btc were to drop to insanely low levels like $1k-3k. We would drag down with it. Again so many variables are at play so who really knows what the price could be. We need to wait for volume to build via xrapid so we are no longer at the mercy of what btc does (long term goal).

9 minutes ago, bayarea510 said:

I guess the .05-.15 cent scenario could play out if btc were to drop to insanely low levels like $1k-3k. We would drag down with it. Again so many variables are at play so who really knows what the price could be. We need to wait for volume to build via xrapid so we are no longer at the mercy of what btc does (long term goal).

Bingo. Maybe he should not have said ‘enjoy the ride’, but I have seen how the guys that are bearish in things currently get treated around here constantly. 

Guys...the reality is, even though 99.9% of us here don’t think it will go there...it could. When somebody predicts my favourite team will suck, I don’t get upset. When somebody tells me that silver is manipulated and will never be allowed to go up...I don’t get upset. When somebody says that a coin that I am heavily invested in will go to zero, I couldn’t give two *****. 

You act like his words will influence the market. Like I said....who cares. Move on. Block. Don’t read. Do whatever it is you need to do. I think we should be ok with whatever others’ predictions are and we should be able to call them silly, unrealistic or whatever....but their opinion doesn’t make them a troll....even if you don’t like it. 

I think the BTC ETF's won't be approved this year. They have been declined/postponed over and over again. With the rejection of another ETF this december, BTC will go down again. Also the "XRapid is live" announcement has already taken place, and it did almost nothing. Thereby some FI are using XRapid, but the volume on exchanges has not gone up. More down. I think there is very very very little hope for a significant pricerally of XRP this year... And bearableguy story is pure kidsplay nonsence.

3 hours ago, AllinXRP said:

He did say 5 cents. Trolls are trolls, they’re hurt because they lost money. I have made money with XRP and I enjoy calling trolls out for what they are: losers. 

2 hours ago, AllinXRP said:

Bingo. Maybe he should not have said ‘enjoy the ride’, but I have seen how the guys that are bearish in things currently get treated around here constantly. 

Guys...the reality is, even though 99.9% of us here don’t think it will go there...it could. When somebody predicts my favourite team will suck, I don’t get upset. When somebody tells me that silver is manipulated and will never be allowed to go up...I don’t get upset. When somebody says that a coin that I am heavily invested in will go to zero, I couldn’t give two *****. 

You act like his words will influence the market. Like I said....who cares. Move on. Block. Don’t read. Do whatever it is you need to do. I think we should be ok with whatever others’ predictions are and we should be able to call them silly, unrealistic or whatever....but their opinion doesn’t make them a troll....even if you don’t like it. 

I get it: you say we are “upset” (pejorative term that suggests we can’t control our emotions) with trolling on these forums. I would turn that on you: you seem upset because you perceive those who dare question trolls as being “upset”. Of course, you may tell me that I’m misrepresenting your views here in saying you’re “upset”...to which I would reply “I know the feeling!” ?

23 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

I get it: you say we are “upset” (pejorative term that suggests we can’t control our emotions) with trolling on these forums. I would turn that on you: you seem upset because you perceive those who dare question trolls as being “upset”. Of course, you may tell me that I’m misrepresenting your views here in saying you’re “upset”...to which I would reply “I know the feeling!” ?

Sure, I get it...except that I am quite happily telling you ‘why bother!’.  Truly just trying to be a good mate. 

@BeSeriousXRP, I think you are likely right that BTC ETFs won’t be approved this year. I believe that the first ETF will come when all of the substantial FI’s are all aligned and ready to go. 

Secondly, I question why anyone is expecting to huge volume because of XRapid. They are only using a couple of exchanges to provide liquidity in three corridors for a total of four companies. Do you think that any of those companies are putting ALL of their volume through XRapid right now?  Highly doubtful I would imagine...in fact I would say that is almost certain. I would imagine that the usage is less than 5% of these company’s total volume. As things get worked out, as more corridors open up and as trust is gained...the flow will slowly become larger. 

Myself, I believe it will be like a hole in a damn. It starts small and then when things finally begin to flow...that flow increases at an exponential rate. Let’s just be patient and wait and see!

10 hours ago, bayarea510 said:

Agree with the above post. We need an ETF and some big positive news to trigger another rally. If etfs don't get approved we will be in for a long bear market and might not see another massive rally until 2020/2021. That's if some other mt gox or bs bitfinex/tether scandal doesn't occur. I still feel the 2017 rally was staged and wasn't due to average people. It was similar to 2013. I just hope we maintain a strong bottom and don't end up back at $1k btc because that would shatter mostly everyone's confidence. 

Disagree re average people. Many, many people jumped on the bandwagon at that time. People who had never invested in anything before in their lives put money in. Ridiculous stories of people selling everything they owned to buy btc. They were obviously the extremes but in my smallish office/department alone 6 people bought into crypto at that time - never had we before sat around discussing shares or gold etc. That was replicated around the world - thats exactly where the money came from, people were clamouring to get on exchanges in droves.

One of the things i disagree with massively on this forum is when i see people saying we are in early. Yeh, plenty on here are in from early on. But the vast majority on here (myself included first buying end of nov 2017) are NOT early - which is why i dont expect the mega returns the pre 2017 speculators enjoyed. Not saying not gonna turn a profit as i am still here and still buying.

On 10/23/2018 at 3:26 AM, Live4xrp said:

Cryptocurrency predictions for 2019: Ripple becomes the new Bitcoin

Why do so many people want XRP to become the new Bitcoin.  They are designed for completely different uses.  Ripple does not need to become the new bitcoin and honestly it's probably better for their marketing if they leave bitcoin out of the conversation.  I see the point of wanting to glom on to the hysteria $.01 to $20,000  sort of thing, but the large majority of people still don't understand bitcoin.  Xrp would do better as it's own thing.

8 hours ago, Eric123 said:

Why do so many people want XRP to become the new Bitcoin.  They are designed for completely different uses.  Ripple does not need to become the new bitcoin and honestly it's probably better for their marketing if they leave bitcoin out of the conversation.  I see the point of wanting to glom on to the hysteria $.01 to $20,000  sort of thing, but the large majority of people still don't understand bitcoin.  Xrp would do better as it's own thing.

I think the majority of people mean that XRP will usurp BTC at the top of the market cap charts and that public perception about crypto will automatically go to XRP as opposed to BTC. 

I don’t think anyone is confusing the two use cases.