Will the flood of new money that came in 2017 ever return

3 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

Most people bought high and sold low. These same people are just waiting for XRP’s price to be high enough before buying back in again.

Lol, I love this. It’s true. At the end of the day there are reasons that some investors (the top 1%) make out like bandits. It’s becaise the Joe Schmoe’s out there are really just that bad/dumb/terrible/emotional. 

12 minutes ago, AllinXRP said:

Lol, I love this. It’s true. At the end of the day there are reasons that some investors (the top 1%) make out like bandits. It’s becaise the Joe Schmoe’s out there are really just that bad/dumb/terrible/emotional. 

It does sound silly, but it's human nature to think something as "good" because its price is going up, and something as "bad" when its price is going down - particularly when you don't really understand the asset and its fundamentals, and future potential.  All you see is a price.  So the Joe Schmoe's see a bull run and think "I fancy joining in!" and then they might even make a bit of money.  And then prices tank....and Joe Schmoe thinks "I'm smarter than that - I'll hold...I'll be the patient investor" - and then it's normally the second crash that gets them.  That's when terror takes over and they get scared.  Now it's about cutting losses and simply wanting the bad feelings to be over.  They sell and wash their hands of it.  I've been there too - that's how I can describe it.  It's different when you understand the fundamentals.  You can see the potential for price growth even if the price is currently dipping.  Also experience often tells you that price drops doesn't mean people are falling out of love of the asset, or that it's dying.   When XRP starts shooting up and making the news, it'll be a shiny new thing to invest in for a lot of people...but they won't have a clue what it's about...they just know the price is going up.  And so a whole wave of new weak hands come into the system, providing excellent liquidity! :D

Great response. I only invest when I like where a company/asset is. If the price goes down, 99% of the time I am investing more. As weird as it is, I generally get excited. 

I will say, on a personal level, Enbridge (TSX) is ******* me off right now, but I still love it. 

Thats how I invest. 

43 minutes ago, ChuckN said:

Those same people now bombard/hijack most of these threads. Or create them.

I suspect at least a few of them do.  You have to question why someone is utterly negative about XRP and posts on an XRP forum.  Usually the person that fits that description is someone who once owned XRP, but no longer does.   You are on the other side of the bet once you sell. 

1 hour ago, 2ndtimearound said:

I suspect at least a few of them do.  You have to question why someone is utterly negative about XRP and posts on an XRP forum.  Usually the person that fits that description is someone who once owned XRP, but no longer does.   You are on the other side of the bet once you sell. 

I actually don’t think there is one person in here (that I have encountered so far anyway) that doesn’t like XRP, at least long term. I just don’t see it. 

37 minutes ago, AllinXRP said:

I actually don’t think there is one person in here (that I have encountered so far anyway) that doesn’t like XRP, at least long term. I just don’t see it. 

Well there's the guy who thinks XRP will be 5 cents at end of June 2019.  I suppose he can hide behind the fig leaf of "no, in the longer term after 2019, I believe XRP will be OK" - but that's disingenuous.  A 5 cent XRP price in June 2019 would really do massive damage to XRP's reputation.  If it ever did recover from that, it would be a painfully slow recovery.  Can you imagine the damage low volume + low price would do to the actual utility of xRapid? It would set it back years.

@solid102  2019 has promise.  But to answer your question; I would point to 2 possible market volume triggers for this year.

1 - An ETF approval (which is very unlikely in 2018)

2- Baakt futures launching in December.  Last year CBOE and CME futures launched in Dec. and in my mind that is what triggered the rally followed by some FOMO.  Could we see something similar this year?  - Maybe.

Agree with the above post. We need an ETF and some big positive news to trigger another rally. If etfs don't get approved we will be in for a long bear market and might not see another massive rally until 2020/2021. That's if some other mt gox or bs bitfinex/tether scandal doesn't occur. I still feel the 2017 rally was staged and wasn't due to average people. It was similar to 2013. I just hope we maintain a strong bottom and don't end up back at $1k btc because that would shatter mostly everyone's confidence. 

Yeah I agree about baakt. If it is true insistutional money is eager to enter then it would drive the volume up massively. I am not too sure about ETF though and how it would effect the  price or volume. The 2017 rally was a very weird one I suspect it was a mix of new investors plus whale manipulation all going long which drove bots to all go long and drove the prices sky high.