At last mainstream media catches up:-

HAL1000

54 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Gasperino's interview on Fox Business is quite error ridden.

This is because every media report is quite error ridden (someone else may have called it fake news). We only notice it more because this is a topic we all know quite well. The late Michael Chrichton described it well:

Briefly stated, the Gell-Mann Amnesia effect is as follows. You open the newspaper to an article on some subject you know well. In Murray [Gell-Mann]’s case, physics. In mine, show business. You read the article and see the journalist has absolutely no understanding of either the facts or the issues. Often, the article is so wrong it actually presents the story backward—reversing cause and effect. I call these the “wet streets cause rain” stories. Paper’s full of them.

In any case, you read with exasperation or amusement the multiple errors in a story, and then turn the page to national or international affairs, and read as if the rest of the newspaper was somehow more accurate about Palestine than the baloney you just read. You turn the page, and forget what you know.

11 minutes ago, brianwalden said:

This is because every media report is quite error ridden (someone else may have called it fake news). We only notice it more because this is a topic we all know quite well. The late Michael Chrichton described it well:

That's so true and causes so much undue stress if you let it (I do). 

It’s certainly true.  Media often gets the details wrong.  They always hype (because news is nowadays actually entertainment,) and distort.  Anytime you’ve been on the ground and seen the media coverage you know how wrong it is.

But that apparently has fooled many into thinking the mainstream media are routinely deliberately lying.  The shysters running for office and calling “fake-news” encourage that belief.

But it is wrong and VERY damaging to our society.  The more respected parts of the mainstream media do try and get their facts straight.  Sadly this ‘fake-news’ warcry has many members of the public throwing the baby out with the bath water.  The results are currently on display.

10 minutes ago, BillyOckham said:

But that apparently has fooled many into thinking the mainstream media are routinely deliberately lying.  The shysters running for office and calling “fake-news” encourage that belief.

Mainstream media are routinely deliberately lying. They are doing it to effect public opinion. They also constantly lie by omission . - For example deliberately not covering huge demonstrations by hundreds of thousands of people or saying it was a few thousand.

I don't know what Gasparino is going to be able to uncover. My guess is not much that we don't know as a group that knows the ins and outs of Ripple / XRP. But I hope he is right that it's time to get some popcorn ready haha. 

Charles Gasparino on Twitter: "(2/2) regulation by enforcement is appropriate. Jay Clayton's decision to sue @Ripple may have been staff decision, but staff will have to explain key differences between @Ripple XRP and @ethereum, which has escaped reg scrutiny thanks to @JohnEDeaton1 lawsuit. Get popcorn ready" / Twitter

Just the fact that ethereum and Lubin (previously) are now bring tagged by Fox Business reporters brings an ear to ear grin to my face. Someone else will pick up on it soon when they see all the activity on his posts. 

Edited by RipMcGillicuddy
had to mention ethereum shade throwing

1 hour ago, BillyOckham said:

But that apparently has fooled many into thinking the mainstream media are routinely deliberately lying.

They are deliberately lying. They paint the portrait of themselves as what you might have learned about journalism in elementary school. - they're just giving us the who, what, where, when, and why so we'll be informed. They want us to believe they're just presenting objective reality to us so that we'll be more open to their message. What they're actually doing is spinning narratives and threading in facts if they're useful in crafting those stories.

I'll give you that they're not lying in the sense that they really do believe what they're shilling. In their minds they're not even lying when they twist facts, because to them the narrative is what's true and that's what they're being true to. But their narrative is increasingly divorced from reality. If they were honest about what their ends are - rhetoric and propaganda rather than information - I wouldn't call them liars, just people who see the world very differently than I do.

5 hours ago, BillyOckham said:

It’s certainly true.  Media often gets the details wrong.  They always hype (because news is nowadays actually entertainment,) and distort.  Anytime you’ve been on the ground and seen the media coverage you know how wrong it is.

I only trust the New Yorker's "Borowitz Report" and The Onion as my news sources !

She is discussing a working group that was formed to submit a safe harbor proposal to the SEC (this is spring 2018 before the speech). When looking up the legal teams involved, it is easy to find Perkins Coie. In fact, it was Perkins Coie that wrote and submitted the proposal to the SEC. Perkins Coie has represented the Ethereum Enterprise Alliance since it launch...it's all in their own press release linked below. 

https://www.perkinscoie.com/en/news-insights/perkins-coie-joins-the-enterprise-ethereum-alliance-legal.html