The late show great donation + clever marketing

1 minute ago, Geospectrum said:

What a stupid statement.

That's all you can respond with? If you want to chime in just to keep an argument going you have to do better than that.

5 hours ago, Eruption said:

No they funded school pet projects. Our children need to be pushed on math and reading before art and music.

Well, they didn't want to exclude arts projects which is by the way the right way to go about it. It's very hard to get funding for such projects through grants and they are also an important part of education. It's not just about math and science, it's also about arts and crafts, you need all of it to have a well rounded understanding of the world we live in. Music inspires mathematicians and scientists, many of whom are actually well versed in music and arts as well.

5 minutes ago, ed1 said:

Well, they didn't want to exclude arts projects which is by the way the right way to go about it. It's very hard to get funding for such projects through grants and they are also an important part of education. It's not just about math and science, it's also about arts and crafts, you need all of it to have a well rounded understanding of the world we live in. Music inspires mathematicians and scientists, many of whom are actually well versed in music and arts as well.

I still would prefer funding for disease that kills some of our friends and family. We all are connected to someone who went before their time.

2 minutes ago, iWantsYourZerps said:

"those who can't do teach" . What an ignorant statement about a noble profession.  That guy who said it's a stupid statement was doing you a favour. Take his advice. 

You're late to the party. Bring something new or move on.

Edited by Eruption
typo

Just to bring the conversation back on track, it’s a brilliant piece of PR and a great altruistic gesture in one from a grown up Company with a grown up strategy and it’s all part of the roll out....did I mention... Stephen Colbert is on the board of Directors ...

https://www.donorschoose.org/about/meet_the_team.html

7 minutes ago, Deeznutz said:

He’s from Georgia- he can’t help it. We still think the Earth is 6,000 years old and just discovered fire. 

Despite what CNN tells you many of us in Georgia escaped the higher taxes and horrible subway conditions of NYC. We moved here so we could buy gas guzzling pickup trucks with the Rebel flag hanging from it while we hang out at bonfires with white hoods on.

If you want to make fun of Georgia it's not right unless I contribute.

My opinion is that this is a GREAT move for Ripple.  Brilliant, like everything they do.

It is the right thing to donate part of their massive stack of XRP to charity. In fact, they should do more of that.  It makes the statement that they are in this for the betterment of the world. If Chris Larson ends up with 60 gazillion dollars, he is setting the tone for what he would do, which should make people feel better if he were to end up the richest person in the history of the world.   Vlad Putin is estimated to be worth over 200 B.  XRP would have to be ~$12 for Larson to move beyond that; however, Larson’s net worth is tied directly to the XRP held by Ripple.

Of course, Ripple donating or selling portions their XRp to help the world or help the XRP ecosystem or paying for the plethora of talent they’ve been bringing into the company pulls that $ value from Ripple and Chris Larson.  Additionally, if R3 were to win a large settlement in XRP, the Ripple XRP holdings would also be reduced, potentially dropping Larson’s net worth significantly.

Regardless, Ripple the company isn’t going to be pinching pennies anytime soon with the stash they have.  Distributing their XRP in a systematic way it is in the best interest of all XRP holders. It’s a good thing. Whether they give it away, donate it or lose some to R3, the more people that are stakeholders in the token, the more worldwide drive their will be for adoption.  This is where Jed had it right.

Ripple the company with Brad at the helm has repeatedly stated that Ripple’s agenda is to revolutionize the wold of finance for the betterment of humanity.  Both their words and their actions are a testament to their motive.  Even Joel Katz stated that if he didn’t believe in the project and the mission, he wouldn’t be involved and that he not short of other opportunities in the world.

Moving forward, i believe we will see other significant, worldwide, donations from Ripple, involving multiple causes including science, tech, disease, hunger and education. These should be universally appreciated and it astonishes me that anyone could find fault with donating to any of these non-political, world bettering causes. 

Anyone concerned with Ripple donating XRP should relax and realize that if they are in the position to donate, then they are exactly where they need to be. I believe this marks a new milestone in their strategic approach and indicates that the future is growing ever closer.