Anyone know what's going on?

what's happening atm? txps shows as 0.37 and ledger close time as 70! wtf...

5950363220445_ScreenShot2017-06-25at23_15_39.thumb.png.6e93bb58c9c7176d681b02b7cab0917c.png

and xrp chart data is screwy too:

59503657cad11_ScreenShot2017-06-25at23_16_36.thumb.png.7010742a5b62fdf2d0259d9baf94258d.png

is that this is happening when the market is "crashing" (not really) just coincidence or is there something afoot? 

7 minutes ago, zerpdigger said:

is that this is happening when the market is "crashing" (not really) just coincidence or is there something afoot? 

Sorry! could you explain you are suprised about ? 0.37 transactions per second or the 70 seconds ledger close time. Can you also add where you are seeing this from ? Seems to be trading on most exchanges as of now still. 

Edited by goldstar111

1 minute ago, goldstar111 said:

Sorry! could you explain you are suprised about ? 0.37 transactions per second or the 70 seconds ledge close time. Can you also add where yoiu are seeing this from ?

https://ripple.com/xrp/market-performance/

txps is usually ~12 lately and ledger close ~4 sec

prob just a data/api issue as also affecting ripple charts, but curious as to what's going on 

2 minutes ago, Ripplezzzz said:

This is what happens when 20% of the crypto cap is deleted lol

Ok got it . I agree it makes no sense in any world for txps and ledger close time to move in such ways. You would expect as txps increases > that ledger close time also increases > i.e they should be positively correlated not negatively unlike some validators went down or ripple nodes are down. Which brings me to the question aren't all the ripple validators/nodes internal and only run by ripple labs currently?

Edited by goldstar111

7 minutes ago, zerpdigger said:

https://ripple.com/xrp/market-performance/

txps is usually ~12 lately and ledger close ~4 sec

prob just a data/api issue as also affecting ripple charts, but curious as to what's going on 

Is the price shown here even correct? $0.265 . I see prices  of $0.249xx currently on most exchanges. How do they get this price? Maybe that is when this link stopped working on the way down from $0.265. :)

Edited by goldstar111

not sure about the tx's stats, but the price is averaged across all exchanges, doubt the Korean exchanges were affected in the crash,hence the higher average price... this is very common even in times of 'peace'.

3 hours ago, goldstar111 said:

Is the price shown here even correct? $0.265 . I see prices  of $0.249xx currently on most exchanges. How do they get this price? Maybe that is when this link stopped working on the way down from $0.265. :)

2 hours ago, Mazza said:

not sure about the tx's stats, but the price is averaged across all exchanges, doubt the Korean exchanges were affected in the crash,hence the higher average price... this is very common even in times of 'peace'.

If you click the "i" with the circle around it next to the price it says that the or cell is the weghted average of the last 50 Bitstamp XRP/USD trades on the RCL ledger. 

Not sure why the API is down, seems to happen with some regularity....