Ripple (XRP) Sees Flash Crash With Allegedly Manipulative Order

Whales know a major move is coming which will definitely displace ETH as no 2 and maybe threaten no 1. Next 45 days will be interesting as manipulators try to draw out XRP. They know eventually the use  of XRP with xRapid is not if but when. These same whales know they are guppies compared to institutional money which will soon flow in to XRP. Migueul cited custodial issues and not liquidity right now is crucial. I feel that custodial issue is currently bein addressed and the price will rocket on insider info before any formal announcement with Ripples many partners under strict NDA

2 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Whales know a major move is coming which will definitely displace ETH as no 2 and maybe threaten no 1. Next 45 days will be interesting as manipulators try to draw out XRP. They know eventually the use  of XRP with xRapid is not if but when. These same whales know they are guppies compared to institutional money which will soon flow in to XRP. Migueul cited custodial issues and not liquidity right now is crucial. I feel that custodial issue is currently bein addressed and the price will rocket on insider info before any formal announcement with Ripples many partners under strict NDA

Interesting take on matters.  It feels like pressure is building - I would think by now most of the weaker hands have been shaken out and the die-hard hodlers are standing fast.

I've seen some flash crashes in different coins but don't know if you guys remember 2 of these so close in time.

3 days ago we had another one on Bitstamp in the XRP/BTC pair, around 25M in 20 minutes, I would say it was even bigger than the one in Bitfinex.

If these are really caused by whales, could they be preparing another bull run?

image.thumb.png.44fdd97b98aba994d770a2669ca36531.png

@Zerp_Legend shared yesterday a very informative article about this, take a look:

https://www.coinbureau.com/analysis/stop-loss-hunting-crypto-whales/

1 hour ago, Riseup said:

Was this "down we go bellow .50 cents" visible only on Bitfinex?

Yes, only on Bitfinex.  I looked at other exchanges on https://cryptowat.ch/ (Bithumb, Binance, Coinone, Bitstamp, Kraken, Poloniex, Bittrex, CEX.IO, BitBay) and noticed either nothing or some downward movement and increased volume, but nothing like Bitfinex.

7 minutes ago, VaR said:

I've seen some flash crashes in different coins but don't know if you guys remember 2 of these so close in time.

3 days ago we had another one on Bitstamp in the XRP/BTC pair, around 25M in 20 minutes, I would say it was even bigger than the one in Bitfinex.

If these are really caused by whales, could they be preparing another bull run?

image.thumb.png.44fdd97b98aba994d770a2669ca36531.png

@Zerp_Legend shared yesterday a very informative article about this, take a look:

https://www.coinbureau.com/analysis/stop-loss-hunting-crypto-whales/

Wow, very nice find.

I'm somewhat amazed with the technical effort and sheer brawn of it.

3 hours ago, xh3b4sd said:

This is all not for certain but it might be that the top 5 coins can be moved either way to make the complete market move into the same

That would involve a LOT of coordination (all top 5).  I love a conspiracy theory more than most, but that sort of stretches even my disbelief. 

Somebody recently shared something about market manipulation with me though, and I've got to read through it.  Essentially, it looks like a cabal of individuals might be manipulating Bitcoin in an effort to cause the entire market to go up / down.  Now that I can definitely see happening. 

3 hours ago, Plennie_Wingo said:

A 'market' begging for abuse, don't you think?

Yes.  If there is opportunity, no rules, and no consequences, you're depending on each individual having ethics. 

And that, of course, is not enough. 

3 hours ago, XRPonTheIronThrone said:

Why would someone sell their holdings at $0.49

Good point. 

Even large holders don't want to lose money for no purpose.  I've seen the chart you're referring to, but honestly I don't have a solid answer.  If he's willing to sell me his XRP for .49, I will certainly find a way to buy it from him.  :P

5 minutes ago, Hodor said:

That would involve a LOT of coordination (all top 5).  I love a conspiracy theory more than most, but that sort of stretches even my disbelief. 

Somebody recently shared something about market manipulation with me though, and I've got to read through it.  Essentially, it looks like a cabal of individuals might be manipulating Bitcoin in an effort to cause the entire market to go up / down.  Now that I can definitely see happening. 

89% of BTC is owned by 1.1% of BTC owning population. 

A lot of these guys will know each other from forums in early days.

Its not ridiculous to come to the conclusion that an unregulated market is being manipulated. The reasons why regulation have been historically introduced  was to stop manipulation, so pretty safe to assume its happening in cryptos, which are unregulated.