Ripple files reply in further support of its Motion to Compel the SEC to turn over internal BTC, ETH and XRP documents

To sum up, HEY SAY'S RIPPLE,  hand over the documents you have already been ordered at least twice to do. The SEC is playing games and defying the court at this point and that does not play well, for them and this case. The SEC's delaying tactics are just another way of putting the hurt on Ripples business, to try to negotiate a better settlement on behalf of the Self Enriching Criminals.

This is a farce and shows that the SEC :-

1. Should have never brought this lawsuit in the first case.

2. The SEC's motivations have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH INVESTOR PROTECTION.

3. They are now an agency that should be publicly investigated for gross misconduct and mismanagement at all levels.

Edited by HAL1000

As a follow-up, judge Sarah Netburn has just announced she has allowed the 60-day extension Ripple wanted to be denied. Thus, fact discovery is now pushed forward to August 31st and expert discovery is extended to October 15th :(

Wow, the judge just put the hurt on us ALL, makes me want to hibernate for a year.

16 hours ago, HAL1000 said:

As a follow-up, judge Sarah Netburn has just announced she has allowed the 60-day extension Ripple wanted to be denied. Thus, fact discovery is now pushed forward to August 31st and expert discovery is extended to October 15th :(

Wow, the judge just put the hurt on us ALL, makes me want to hibernate for a year.

A couple lawyers that follow the SEC case on Twitter stated that extensions are almost always granted. They also stated that Ripple most likely knew this would happen. They put forth such a strong argument against extending it anyway because it strengthens their argument in the future if the SEC tries to try to pull this again. I don't know what the likelihood of another extension is, but I really hope that this is it. Ripples argument that it is causing harm to their business will only grow stronger as time passes.

20 hours ago, CryptoPitbull said:

A couple lawyers that follow the SEC case on Twitter stated that extensions are almost always granted. They also stated that Ripple most likely knew this would happen. They put forth such a strong argument against extending it anyway because it strengthens their argument in the future if the SEC tries to try to pull this again. I don't know what the likelihood of another extension is, but I really hope that this is it. Ripples argument that it is causing harm to their business will only grow stronger as time passes.

Also, to add to this, if the extension was not granted it would give the SEC ammo for an appeal if it eventually came down to it. It sucks, but it is probably best for the case in the long run.

Granted most here understand this storyline, but I just feel it is good to post new pieces on it so that they gain some circulation. I understand this is a blog post, but the facts and chronology are quite clear to follow. 

I know the SEC still has some cards to play in this case, but I wonder to what extent Ripple has backed them into a corner based on the Clayton/Hinman corruption. Still crazy that weeks ago Clayton had the balls to talk about a lack of clarity in the space. 

https://seekingalpha.com/instablog/49829260-jared-whitley/5604152-what-heck-was-happening-clayton-s-sec-time-for-answers