Ripple is ‘definitely’ targeting China with its blockchain-based payments tech, exec says

Panosmek

2 hours ago, xrphilosophy said:

They are SUCH a poor source for firsthand information consistently.  Been tracking them for awhile now, and they almost never report anything as it is, but as they perceive it, which is akin to that of an 8th grader, although that would be an insult to all 8th graders globally who I think are awesome.   CNBC are shills for somebody.  Not sure how their editorial board functions, and who they report to, but it's not journalism. 

Literally every news network in the U.S. The average person has no idea how filtered and flawed the info is that they are being spoon-fed. 

Speaking of Ripple and China, I found this MercuryFX statement (tweeted by @BANKXRP) to be really intriguing:

Everyone should keep in mind, they are an xRapid partner!

That being said, they MUST be referring to testing xRapid between China and Mexico, right? I see this statement as being quite significant. 

What are your thoughts on this statement, @BANKXRP@Hodor?

Wait, what the... Jeremy Light works for Ripple now?! That's another epic acquisition if so! This seems to me like an exclusive. Ripple kept that kinda hush hush.

Just checked his Linkedin, he's kinda cryptic about his new position but it sounds like Ripple! Holy s**t, been following this guy for ages, he's a total don in the payments space.

1938369487_ScreenShot2018-08-15at17_16_05.thumb.png.65657be6c1569d4a24362b76b7e671fa.png

This article here, to me, shows the importance of XCurrent and the establishing of the interbank network. It allows Ripple the company to continue to grow partnerships while the regulatory hurdles are overcome when it comes to cryptocurrencies as a whole. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/15/ripple-targeting-china-with-blockchain-based-payments-tech-exec-says.html

"

Ripple currently has more than 100 financial institutions signed up to its network, including Santander, UniCredit, UBS and Standard Chartered. But with just one Chinese client, the firm would have a long way to go before making waves in the country. China is home to a number of large "fintech (financial technology) firms, with payment apps like Ant Financial's Alipay and Tencent's WeChat Pay proving popular with Chinese consumers.

Edited by Guest

This is more along the same lines.

https://dailyhodl.com/2018/08/15/ripple-on-china-and-xrp-targeting-1-3-billion-people-for-cross-border-payments/

It's interesting, Ripple's software appears to perform well without the need of XRP. Perhaps this is where Cobalt and Codius can come into play? I have a feeling Ripple will ironically be a late adopter to XRP for use in XRapid likely because Countries & Banks are skeptical about using cryptocurrency for Fin-tech. Once regulation has a grasp on the technology, everything should fall into place and trusts can be established to move this utility into production. For now, here's hoping that Codius can kick start things sooner than waiting on Banks to make their first move.

Edited by Scout

12 hours ago, XRPeteSampras said:

Speaking of Ripple and China, I found this MercuryFX statement (tweeted by @BANKXRP) to be really intriguing:

Everyone should keep in mind, they are an xRapid partner!

That being said, they MUST be referring to testing xRapid between China and Mexico, right? I see this statement as being quite significant. 

What are your thoughts on this statement, @BANKXRP@Hodor?

If that's the case then it's USD as the PBOC keeps tight control over inflows to assist with exchange rates. I had corporate FX clients trying to do business over there by sending in CNY and their trade partners weren't having it. This was three years ago before the trade war. If XRP can bridge USD or be the alternative, would be beneficial to Chinese businesses as they can get the product out faster and saves on the natural anxiety on language miscommunication between both parties. Supply chain efficiency via XRP between both parties/countries is a no brainer.

Edited by Guest