Realistically, how high can xrp go?

I understand that keeping the price of xrp low and stable is good for attracting FIs. I've also seen a lot of different predictions from 1$ in 5 years to 10$ in 1 year.

Let's say that everything we are hoping ripple achieves for the most part is achieved in the next few years. What is a realistic value we could see of xrp based on facts. 

31 minutes ago, BroCoin said:

I understand that keeping the price of xrp low and stable is good for attracting FIs. I've also seen a lot of different predictions from 1$ in 5 years to 10$ in 1 year.

Let's say that everything we are hoping ripple achieves for the most part is achieved in the next few years. What is a realistic value we could see of xrp based on facts. 

Maybe this this realistic: https://medium.com/@Shukri30/ripple-would-be-worth-1-000-in-3-years-365135e5114f

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ripple-and-xrp-are-more-stable-than-you-think_us_591cb3bee4b0b28a33f62915

imo, the sky is the limit, it "depends on how big you want to dream" :)

and from our very own JoelKatz on Reddit:

It all depends how big you want to dream.

What if Ripple captures bitcoin's current market share? $2

What if Ripple captures the value of all high-friction International payments that are now occurring? $20 (You could add a multiplier to this for additional demand from people holding XRP to make or facilitate the payments in the future.)

What if Ripple captures the value of an increasing volume of International payments driven by the reduction in friction? Maybe $120. (Same point as above, you could justify a multiplier to this.)

What if the economy triples in size, the volume of International payments increases, Ripple captures all of that, and people also use Ripple for all kinds of other things because it either displaces bitcoin or equals in size a bitcoin that's many times its current size? And we also expand the economy to other planets that also use XRP? And ...

As for how likely these scenarios are though, who can say. Ripple equaling bitcoin's current market cap sometime in the near future doesn't seem any more outrageous to me now than the idea of a bitcoin selling for over $1,000 seemed to me in 2012.

6 hours ago, BroCoin said:

What is a realistic value we could see of xrp based on facts

I think given the recent developments regarding regulation and sentiment regarding cryptocurrencies, any estimations on XRP's price point should be re-considered.

To give an idea of what's possible for XRP (given the presumption Ripple achieves it's goal regarding XRP), just imagine a world where XRP is the crypto-reserve currency that isn't directly tied to any one entity, but is accepted by all FI's around the world, regardless of their position regarding Ripple and it's software.

That would probably be the Height of what Ripple can see happening for XRP.

How that translates into XRP/USD estimations is anyone's guess, but should not be thought of as impossible like XBT breaching $1000 once was.

Edited by ACC-XRP

This is not entirely correct, or i might have my ripple products confused.

"In simple terms, If a bank wanted to convert $1 million USD into XRP today, they would need about 4 million XRP (@ $0.25/XRP). Thesame bank needed 200 million XRP for the same transaction when it was $0.005/XRP."

from what i understand, Ripple is used, per FI, to establish the trust lines, ie bag-up for the transfers and pay the fees. There is no fiat/xrp conversion that actually takes place and the fees "burn off" effectively deflating xrp. They where only ever a key in the first place and it's a good way to pin FI credit equity...
So Ripple gets bagged and burnt. On top of that it can and will distribute some of the lock-up starting in 60 months. There is no use "selling" xrp to the FI's, if you let them buy it open-market the'll just bot it.

It's the ripple effect rather than the floating effect. Inflation and deflation ripples out across the market rather than the desperate sink or swim we see now. When you look at history, floating currency's can be dishonest, to me a rippling currency's seem to offer transparency, at least i know what's going to happen..

Bag, burn and turn, lol, nothings changed, but it will.. 

ATM China might be having fun draggin .001% out of the usd but it'll cost them "much more' in the end..the first release are only 60 months away!

35 minutes ago, RayBelgianman said:

If every single transaction in the world would happen by XRP: $1749

Will that ever happen? No.

@JoelKatz had a great analogy for this. It's like saying: What if email could capture 100% of all letters being sent... Sounds a bit ridiculous if you put it like that right?

Now try and look at how ripple is laying the groundwork for the IoV, there's no way we can foresee the impact that might have on transactionvolume, same as we couldn't foresee how many more 'digital letters' would be sent in the pre-email era.

All i could safely assume is that it'll probably increase quite a bit. ;)

22 minutes ago, BroCoin said:

I come across so many people that are just blatantly against xrp.

"The banks will never use it", "xrp is going nowhere", "xrp is a scam"...

It can be very discouraging to a hodlr like me. I think ripple should start a support group for abused hodlrs.

I'm crying all the way to the bank!