MEMO take down squad 😂

n0rdz

15 hours ago, Dario_o said:

How? anyway couldn't a node just reboot every hour or less if RAM is becoming saturated?

I have a few ideas BUT:

• I'm not really into rippled so they can be lots of bullshits
  • For sure I'm not disclosing it in a public forum
  • They require much more study of rippled

For the other question @mDuo13 already explained. If the server ends the RAM, depending on hardware and software it could use swap but it's going to be much slower than RAM, risking in falling behind the consensus.

Right now the RAM usage of my node (not validator and with medium-low settings) is using 10+ Gb of RAM which is high IMO, but not high for a server.

https://bithomp.com/explorer/rwYbann3m28vxtkFjW2CUBYnM5BnzqFaqJ

Moving around funds, does not seem to get much traction though. 15-20 transactions of 12 drops in fees, then suddenly 6-7 000 drops in fees.

BTW: @nikb @JoelKatz

This wallet has been sending microtransactions to Coins.ph for a very long time:

. https://bithomp.com/explorer/rAPERVgXZavGgiGv6xBgtiZurirW2yAmY

The fees seem to impact whatever this is quite a bit.

Edited by mandelbaum

• 3 weeks later...

Still useless if they expect to be able to retrieve random transactions from somewhere. All it takes is an afternoon to add a proxy in front of rippled and filter out memos when serving unauthenticated users if this becomes a problem. There are less than a dozen full history server operators probably on this planet, so I wouldn't rely on this data being available.

37 minutes ago, Dario_o said:

Wouldn't this going to affect performance?

If you are querying a server that has to dig into its database for ancient transactions you're not really into performance anyways I guess, also I'd expect a proxy to run on the same machine and localhost is quite fast usually... ;-)

• 2 months later...
On 7/26/2019 at 11:38 AM, djdhrubs said:

Dude, is that you?! How have you been?

Yes mate it is, I just popped out for a beer did I miss anything?