SWELL Day 2

Everybody is focused on the 800 lb gorilla portion of todays conference. I think it's important to note at 10:30 PST ARCHARI SUPPIROJ (Director of FinTech Department at Securities and Exchange Commission, Thailand) will be a speaker in "CRYPTO REGULATION AROUND THE WORLD"...Think maybe today we'll get the announcement that well all know already?...XRP IS NOT A SECURITY. What do you expect will be the big news of today? (a lot of people are rumoring Amazon)

14 minutes ago, XRPLearner said:

Everybody is focused on the 800 lb gorilla portion of todays conference. I think it's important to note at 10:30 PST ARCHARI SUPPIROJ (Director of FinTech Department at Securities and Exchange Commission, Thailand) will be a speaker in "CRYPTO REGULATION AROUND THE WORLD"...Think maybe today we'll get the announcement that well all know already?...XRP IS NOT A SECURITY. What do you expect will be the big news of today? (a lot of people are rumoring Amazon)

Who is rumouring amazon?

OK, I shall add to the rumour mill. Amazon UK have just announced that they are to raise the wages for all their employees to a minimum of £15ph. This would represent The Living Wage and make them a really rather good employer. Could they be anticipating some large savings coming their way?

Personally, I doubt it but it would be terrific!

1 minute ago, XRPRJB said:

OK, I shall add to the rumour mill. Amazon UK have just announced that they are to raise the wages for all their employees to a minimum of £15ph. This would represent The Living Wage and make them a really rather good employer. Could they be anticipating some large savings coming their way?

Personally, I doubt it but it would be terrific!

15 dollars or £9.50.

Had to check! 

1 minute ago, Liagala said:

XRP is 100% not a security in Thailand.  That was established clearly and legally quite some time ago.  They have already passed laws regulating it, and they consider Digital Assets to be their own class.  They are not securities, commodities, or anything else in Thailand, so this gentleman can't offer us any further information than we already have. 

The "Is it a security" debate is for the US only. Everybody else has either passed regulation covering the matter, or has indicated willingness to go along with other countries who have already done so.

This ^^

5 minutes ago, Liagala said:

XRP is 100% not a security in Thailand.  That was established clearly and legally quite some time ago.  They have already passed laws regulating it, and they consider Digital Assets to be their own class.  They are not securities, commodities, or anything else in Thailand, so this gentleman can't offer us any further information than we already have. 

The "Is it a security" debate is for the US only. Everybody else has either passed regulation covering the matter, or has indicated willingness to go along with other countries who have already done so.

Fair, maybe we'll get more insight from her which could get the ball rolling for the US...any thoughts on big news for today?

1 minute ago, XRPLearner said:

Fair, maybe we'll get more insight from her which could get the ball rolling for the US...any thoughts on big news for today?

I keep going back and forth on whether the "big news" of Swell was yesterday's xRapid launch, or whether they're going to outdo it with something even bigger today.  If the Amazon/Uber rumors were true and they unveiled that today, it would be amazing!  But there's a part of me that really doesn't believe that's ready to go live yet, if it really even is a thing.  I'll be checking twitter all day whenever I can get people out of my office, that's for sure!