SGB token price speculation back of the napkin just for fun calculations

Seoulite

1 minute ago, Seoulite said:

I dunno mate, I mean I am bullish but at the same time things need time to prove themselves. You need products and services and usage of the platform.

If this was soy beans I’d agree.  But ‘need time to prove themselves’ doesn’t seem to be a factor so much in crypto.  

8 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

I is only 15% of what you will eventually get , so sell half and "gamble" half would be a good option?

I think the Songbird drop is finished now isn't it? They just dropped the whole amount, not the staggered distribution like flare will be.

8 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

it seems to be settling on 35 cents.  I wonder if we will get a series of big spikes when more exchanges join one by one.

hmm it is still early, and we haven't seen a significant sell-off yet. How many are going to jump out if the price starts crashing? I still think around 10 cents is more likely. 

3 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

I think the Songbird drop is finished now isn't it? They just dropped the whole amount, not the staggered distribution like flare will be.

So do we get 1 for 1 on SGB launch?  Wow, in that case my wealth just jumped by a significant amount.  

I wonder how SGB will calibrate to FLR.  Surely FLR will not start at 9 dollars and then wing it down to 4 dollars   We can dream :)

1 minute ago, Julian_Williams said:

So do we get 1 for 1 on SGB launch?  Wow, in that case my wealth just jumped by a significant amount.  

I wonder how SGB will calibrate to FLR.  Surely FLR will not start at 9 dollars and then wing it down to 4 dollars   We can dream :)

I believe the balance you have now is your balance. That's it. 15 billion tokens dropped, which is the full supply. Flare will drop 15 billion day one with a total supply of 100 billion coming later.

I know others disagree but I think the Bitrue FLR price is fairly representative. This SGB price will give us more data on that because there is no supply/demand skewing for this pair. As many people as they like can bring in their SGB to sell. Kusama is 10% of DOT. This is partly why I think 10 cents SGB is a fair price right now. After the Flare launch I'm still not sure what to think. The Flare IOUs spiked only to 23 cents on Bitrue when they launched. This thing jumped to 90 cents! That is pretty crazy. 

4 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Also what is interesting is the FLR pair is losing ground on Bitrue. I don't know if this is that pair calibrating itself to SGB (which is a 'truer' price) or it's people selling their FLR for XRP and USD and then buying into SGB. 

23 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

I believe the balance you have now is your balance. That's it. 15 billion tokens dropped, which is the full supply. Flare will drop 15 billion day one with a total supply of 100 billion coming later.

I know others disagree but I think the Bitrue FLR price is fairly representative. This SGB price will give us more data on that because there is no supply/demand skewing for this pair. As many people as they like can bring in their SGB to sell. Kusama is 10% of DOT. This is partly why I think 10 cents SGB is a fair price right now. After the Flare launch I'm still not sure what to think. The Flare IOUs spiked only to 23 cents on Bitrue when they launched. This thing jumped to 90 cents! That is pretty crazy. 

Sorry i have not been following SGB

So the total supply of SGB will be about 15% of the total supply of FLR? 

Is KSM Mktcap 10% of ADA Mktcap or 10% of ADA price?  

What ratio is SGB to holdings - for instance if we had 100k at snapshot do we get about 15k SGB?

Edited by Julian_Williams

2 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Sorry i have not been following SGB

So the total supply of SGB will be about 15% of the total supply of FLR? 

Is KSM Mktcap 10% of ADA Mktcap or 10% of ADA price?  

What ratio is SGB to holdings - for instance if we had 100k at snapshot do we get about 15k SGB?

Yes SGB will be a total cap of 15 billion, with inflation increasing that number over time.

It's KSM and DOT, and I was referring to the market cap, KSM is 10% of the DOT market cap.

IF you had 100k I think you get 15k yes. I think it is 15% of your Flare claim. 

1 hour ago, Julian_Williams said:

Should we fear it?  If we can predict a pattern we will know to to sell our FLR when they are launched and rebuy 20 times cheaper.  This is the sort of opportunity that only happens in crypto investment, and why investing in crypto is so rewarding for those who have put in the time following the markets, and so dangerous for newbies.

Most people aren't able to buy or sell right now even if they wanted to. So yes, they would fear it.

16 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

Yes SGB will be a total cap of 15 billion, with inflation increasing that number over time.

It's KSM and DOT, and I was referring to the market cap, KSM is 10% of the DOT market cap.

IF you had 100k I think you get 15k yes. I think it is 15% of your Flare claim. 

Is KSM supply also 10% of DOT ? 

8 minutes ago, brianwalden said:

Most people aren't able to buy or sell right now even if they wanted to. So yes, they would fear it.

That was my thinking too. I think we will see some wealth shift to SGB from FLR on Bitrue.