Stupid Harry Potter news send LTC soaring,,,BUT XRP Major news and nothing????

No such thing as whales, they were all eaten by BigFoot.

The exchanges all show fake volume, and the exchange owners, are the only ones profiting. Ask yourself, How low must XRP go before the whales buy and hold? If XRP is heading to $50 what the heck is the difference between holding at $.30 versus $.20? Would that really be worth the gamble of losing it all?

When folks do not understand the mechanisms behind the reality that they “see” they invent monsters, that hide behind the curtains. If there were whales, they would put some pressure on the monthly escrow, yet no one ever touches it.

news has nothing to do with the pump

if anything it goes the other way: news is used as an excuse after/during the pump, or large buys are tactically coincided with news

Here is the issue I have with the whale theory:

If they hold a large amount of BTC or whatever, then this means they have funds.

If they fear that XRP would skyrocket and their holdings could lose, why would they not just move into XRP as opposed to trying to hold it down?

I ask this because I firmly believe that all players in the area are here to make money.

The chart of LTC was pretty bullish anyway and it broke resistence so the pump is not surprising.

No whales are holding XRP down, there's just no volume and new buyers, that's it. Plus, XRP has to deal with selling pressure every day. XRP volume is roughly 400M each day, 80% of it is fake volume / wash trading, how do you expect the price to rise rapidly?

7 minutes ago, iLeeT said:

The chart of LTC was pretty bullish anyway and it broke resistence so the pump is not surprising.

No whales are holding XRP down, there's just no volume and new buyers, that's it. Plus, XRP has to deal with selling pressure every day. XRP volume is roughly 400M each day, 80% of it is fake volume / wash trading, how do you expect the price to rise rapidly?

Wouldnt this change with xRapid true use?

13 minutes ago, itcdominic said:

Wouldnt this change with xRapid true use?

Well.. hopefully. But keep in mind that xRapid doesn't really use market orders so at the end of the day I hope it'll be a combination of true utility (xRapid etc.) + speculators' regained confidence in XRP due to the true utility. I don't think we'll decouple from BTC this year so probably the best bet is to just watch what BTC is up to.

17 minutes ago, iLeeT said:

Well.. hopefully. But keep in mind that xRapid doesn't really use market orders so at the end of the day I hope it'll be a combination of true utility (xRapid etc.) + speculators' regained confidence in XRP due to the true utility. I don't think we'll decouple from BTC this year so probably the best bet is to just watch what BTC is up to.

I hope you are wrong about decoupling from BTC (time frame). I think we will decouple for real from BTC this year. LTC will come down tomorrow to $30 or latest after 3 days . Look at BTT it has been coming down hard for two days now. It went up like 800% for no reason... It is just a joke