Almost at $0.40 USD.........Time to buy?

3 minutes ago, Loki said:

How much money do you spend on handbags and shoes a month? Goodness gracious, is this a thing? I'm afraid you're husband doesn't manage money well if he's giving you $2500 per month for those items. 

One pair hiking, one pair sandals, one pair fancy, one pair tennis shoes, one pair water shoes. 

I knew a guy that indulged this wife like this. He's now 50 and broke, about to lose his business and home. His wife left him though, for someone else who could continue to indulge her.

Back to the topic, depends on your research and how you feel about XRP. I've bought almost every week. I will continue to until it reaches $1. I used to say $5 but I've reached my goal, so no need. 

I am actually not bad, I certainly dont spend $2500 a month on personal things. But I do know someone who spends all her wages after the bills on them but she is single so good for her:) 

I am happy for you that by reaching $1 you can reach your goal. You must be one of the early takers. 

Whats the lowest price purchase you have made I wonder?

4 minutes ago, ToBe said:

under 1$ is very cheap. theres dip going on, i should buy right now. 

but do your own decision, dont mind so much our advices, do what you feel like

Its way lower than $1 now. 

Damn it hurts to see most of the coins going up and XRP going down.......................

6 minutes ago, ripplewaytogo said:

I am actually not bad, I certainly dont spend $2500 a month on personal things. But I do know someone who spends all her wages after the bills on them but she is single so good for her:) 

I'm overly sensitive to bad money habits. I've been a Dave Ramsey, get out of debt fan for a long time, going so far as to teach the class to others. Although I don't 100% agree with his principles. 

7 minutes ago, ripplewaytogo said:

I am happy for you that by reaching $1 you can reach your goal. You must be one of the early takers. 

Whats the lowest price purchase you have made I wonder?

I may have phrased that wrong. At $1 I will stop buying because I've met my hodl goals. I think the lowest I purchased at was $.16 or $.17. 

My original goal was just to pay off my home with a little extra. Made a bet with my husband that I could make enough money to do that, and if I did, I would quit my job. 

Now we are in a situation where we realize life changing money might be at hand. Money that could be handed down generationally if we do things correctly. 

1 minute ago, Loki said:

I'm overly sensitive to bad money habits. I've been a Dave Ramsey, get out of debt fan for a long time, going so far as to teach the class to others. Although I don't 100% agree with his principles. 

I may have phrased that wrong. At $1 I will stop buying because I've met my hodl goals. I think the lowest I purchased at was $.16 or $.17. 

My original goal was just to pay off my home with a little extra. Made a bet with my husband that I could make enough money to do that, and if I did, I would quit my job. 

Now we are in a situation where we realize life changing money might be at hand. Money that could be handed down generationally if we do things correctly. 

Ok thanks for sharing and clarifying:) 

Looks like us girls all want to bet against the hubby to see who is the real boss in the house:)

36 minutes ago, ripplewaytogo said:

Its way lower than $1 now. 

Damn it hurts to see most of the coins going up and XRP going down.......................

That is only today. As you may have noticed XRP was the strongest of at least all the top-10 coins in the previous week and barely subject to big moves down while the others lost 10-20%.

We'll have to be patient.

Trying to buy XRP at the lowest price possible in this bear market is like trying to catch a falling knife.

The more savvy retail investors are implementing breakout strategies.  (research "breakout investment strategies" if you still have more money to invest)

Basically, you're buying on the way up, not on the way down.  So first, you wait for a confirmation that the market has become bullish again.
Or at least place your buy order higher than the current price, at the place where you feel the "breakout" will be.

I've had a buy order in place since April, just waiting to see how low this bear market will take us.
But if it does drop down to the $0.24 - $0.30 range (XRP/USD), I'll be filling my bags with XRP.
There's a concrete floor there, that will be very difficult to breakthrough without catastrophic news.

Happy trading!   (this post is NOT investment advice)

Edited by increasedwisdom

16 minutes ago, increasedwisdom said:

Trying to buy XRP at the lowest price possible in this bear market is like trying to catch a falling knife.

The more savvy retail investors are implementing breakout strategies.  (research "breakout investment strategies" if you still have more money to invest)

Basically, your buying on the way up, not on the way down.  So first, you wait for a confirmation that the market has become bullish again.
Or at least place your buy order higher than the current price, at the place where you feel the "breakout" will be.

I've had a large buy order in place since April, just waiting to see how low this bear market will take us.
But if it does drop down to the $0.30 range, I'll be filling my bags with XRP.
There's a concrete floor there, that will be very difficult to break without catastrophic news.

Happy trading!

I am really happy to have bought a third of my stock sub .5 - my average has dropped from 1.2  to .75.  In January  I never expected to get such a low entry point.  Others have better entry points but I am very pleased with my situation and if others do better well done them.  If things go as I expect my entry point will look very very low in five years time and I will have joined the very very lucky ones, in fact by then I expect the unlucky ones who invested at 3.4 will also be very very lucky too.

If it goes to .3 I will buy more but it is unlikely I would have a lot to invest.  The longer we are in the doldrums the lower my entry point goes and the higher my stake, what's not to like about the doldrums?.

Edited by Julian_Williams

7 hours ago, ripplewaytogo said:

So we are very close to break the $0.40

Hubby just surprised me by saying he will give me 5k to buy more if I want to (no bags and shoes for 2 month is the sacrifice I need to make) 

I am thinking of buying more at the $0.35 mark.

Advice please? Bit torn to buy now or wait a bit longer?

I put 1000 euros onto my cex.io account due to the low prices.  Bought 250 euros of XRP at 42c and 250 euros at 40c.   DCA is your friend here.  Don't put in a 5K order in one go.  It might not go to 35c.  Why not do small buys - even $100 or $200 - at a time?

@ripplewaytogo just want to let you know I hold a similar sentiment. Very tempted to buy another bucket of XRP right now, but maybe there is room for one or two more levels of support before the next run. 

DCA is probably the best strategy for times like these. Very conflicted when it feels like we could explode up or sink down at any moment. 

24 minutes ago, increasedwisdom said:

Basically, you're buying on the way up, not on the way down.  So first, you wait for a confirmation that the market has become bullish again.

I've had a buy order in place since April, just waiting to see how low this bear market will take us.
But if it does drop down to the $0.24 - $0.30 range (XRP/USD), I'll be filling my bags with XRP.
There's a concrete floor there, that will be very difficult to breakthrough without catastrophic news.

Happy trading!   (this post is NOT investment advice)

That would not have worked so well in the last bull run.  XRP went nuts and if you DCA'd evenly, you'd probably be looking at an average entry price of $1.30 or so if you bought on the way up.  Of course, you could reply with "well you would buy more in the early stages of the bull run!!" - no, that's not consistent with your strategy.  In fact, if you do reply with that, you're essentially buying in on the way DOWN via bull traps.  So many times in a bear market we get a false breakout and really you're buying a bull trap.  Just DCA in a certain price zone you're comfortable with, keep it simple.   And of course - the golden GOLDEN rule is to never invest more than you're willing to lose.  Follow that rule and it's all fun.

Edited by 2ndtimearound

2 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

Decoupled at last!!

yes it is very interesting behaviour.  I think most of us expected it to decouple upwards not downwards.  Not sure what is happening to cause that but I am very happy that XRP is now maturing into and investment that will be measured by it own performance and metrics.  This must be a healthy development

10 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

I put 1000 euros onto my cex.io account due to the low prices.  Bought 250 euros of XRP at 42c and 250 euros at 40c.   DCA is your friend here.  Don't put in a 5K order in one go.  It might not go to 35c.  Why not do small buys - even $100 or $200 - at a time?

8 minutes ago, earth said:

@ripplewaytogo just want to let you know I hold a similar sentiment. Very tempted to buy another bucket of XRP right now, but maybe there is room for one or two more levels of support before the next run. 

DCA is probably the best strategy for times like these. Very conflicted when it feels like we could explode up or sink down at any moment. 

Thanks guys. Does DCA works better in a bear market or in a bull market? As you can see I really don’t have a lot capital to invest now. 

At the moment my DCA is around $1.66 which is pretty high compared to many others.