Where can we get the details?

brianwalden

I'm finding out all these new things that weren't in the more abstract white papers and such.

The maximum providers you can delegate for was lowered from 3 to 2.

Any one data data provider's votes are capped at 10% of the total WSGB supply.

You have to claim FTSO rewards and there are minimum and maximum limits on how often you can do so. I think I heard you can claim them up to once per week, but if you don't claim them in 3 months they expire.

What's a reward epoch?

Where's the documentation for these things? I know it may be too technical for everyone, but it would be nice to be able to get an understanding of what's going on.

1 hour ago, brianwalden said:

I'm finding out all these new things that weren't in the more abstract white papers and such.

The maximum providers you can delegate for was lowered from 3 to 2.

Any one data data provider's votes are capped at 10% of the total WSGB supply.

You have to claim FTSO rewards and there are minimum and maximum limits on how often you can do so. I think I heard you can claim them up to once per week, but if you don't claim them in 3 months they expire.

What's a reward epoch?

Where's the documentation for these things? I know it may be too technical for everyone, but it would be nice to be able to get an understanding of what's going on.

I assumed that it was BiFrost's limitation to support delegation to only two at a time. I didn't realize it was a hard limit. I vaguely remember reading about costs of delegating to more than two being described in the Telegram channel. The information around claim cadence etc. - I assumed that's also wallet specific or that at a minimum, wallets will make it easy to automate that process.

First I heard of a reward epoch was on Twitter - one of the FTSO accounts mentioned that today (Thursday) had an epoch. I assumed that this is when the next week's inflation pool will be calculated.

Votes being capped at 10% of the supply is news to me and feels like it's a very important news.

Ultimately, I suspect there is no official documentation on this. My expectation is that FTSOs will provide this documentation.

1 minute ago, Ripley said:

I assumed that it was BiFrost's limitation to support delegation to only two at a time. I didn't realize it was a hard limit. I vaguely remember reading about costs of delegating to more than two being described in the Telegram channel. The information around claim cadence etc. - I assumed that's also wallet specific or that at a minimum, wallets will make it easy to automate that process.

First I heard of a reward epoch was on Twitter - one of the FTSO accounts mentioned that today (Thursday) had an epoch. I assumed that this is when the next week's inflation pool will be calculated.

Votes being capped at 10% of the supply is news to me and feels like it's a very important news.

Ultimately, I suspect there is no official documentation on this. My expectation is that FTSOs will provide this documentation.

FTSO AU says delegation is limited to three FTSOs per wallet (https://www.ftso.com.au/faqs.html) so it's probably BiFrost specific. 

3 minutes ago, Ripley said:

Yeah but FTSOs would have needed this documentation to build their services. Somebody knows what's going on.

1 minute ago, Ripley said:

FTSO AU says delegation is limited to three FTSOs per wallet (https://www.ftso.com.au/faqs.html) so it's probably BiFrost specific. 

FTSO AU's actual web app limits you to 2 and they said in their discord that this was a network change. It was originally supposed to be 3, but Flare found that was too inefficient to calculate all the votes so they lowered it to 2.

Anyway, this is exactly why it would be nice to have some type of central reference for how this FTSO stuff works.

11 minutes ago, brianwalden said:

FTSO AU's actual web app limits you to 2 and they said in their discord that this was a network change. It was originally supposed to be 3, but Flare found that was too inefficient to calculate all the votes so they lowered it to 2.

Anyway, this is exactly why it would be nice to have some type of central reference for how this FTSO stuff works.

Hmm. Yeah official documentation is lacking but I’m sure they’ll do it before the Flare launch. 

Developers hate documentation and push it to the absolute end 🙂

4 hours ago, brianwalden said:

Yeah but FTSOs would have needed this documentation to build their services. Somebody knows what's going on.

There’s no vault of docs, believe me on that. Topics like voting cap were mentioned to us on a call we had with Flare Devs, the exact number didn’t affect what we built. 

All other things mentioned in the post are correct, maximum of 2 providers. We only found that change out a few weeks back.

I’m still getting my head around the epoch and voting freeze. I’m sure Flare know internally, but it doesn’t affect what we need to deliver so much, we just keep submitting and revealing prices as required.

Courtesy of Tom T from Flare Network Telegram:

FTSO DELEGATION UPDATE⚖️

We are pleased to announce that FTSO Voting power/delegation was locked today, Thursday Sept. 23, at approximately 04:40 UTC 💥🎉

What does this mean?

It means that the FTSO system is fully operational and those who delegated to data providers prior to the above date/time have the opportunity to begin accruing rewards on Saturday Sept. 25 at approximately 08:41 UTC 🥳

Important information moving forward:

ALL rewards epochs will begin weekly on Saturdays at approximately 08:41 UTC

The next voting power/delegation lock will occur on any random block beginning ~42 hours prior to the start of the next reward epoch. Essentially anytime between 14:41 UTC Thursdays and 08:41 UTC Saturdays

Rewards accrued during weekly rewards epochs cannot be called/claimed until after the following rewards epoch has begun (7 days later)

This means that those who are currently eligible for delegation accrual rewards beginning Sept. 25 cannot call/claim any accrued rewards until AFTER 08:41 on Oct 2

FTSO rewards calls/claims are good for 30 days. Any unclaimed rewards after that 30 day expiry are returned to the rewards pools for the next epoch.

1 minute ago, PunishmentOfLuxury said:

Damn, the Bifrost tweet led me to believe that I would accrue rewards as long as I delegated before 14.42 UTC Thursday (which I did). Now I see from the above post that the deadline was 04.40 UTC Thursday (which I didn't meet). Who knew?

I was going by 14:42 too, although I was already delegated.

5 minutes ago, Flintstone said:

I was going by 14:42 too, although I was already delegated.

I did some before, but the vast majority was done after 04.40 UTC. Grrrr

And I think that was the case for many people as the metrics showed many tens of millions more SGB being delegated after 4.40 but before 14.42.

Edited by PunishmentOfLuxury