Epic Pennant on BTC Chart

6 hours ago, dr_ed said:

I noticed last night that the ledger payment volume was slightly higher than the market volume.......

Doc I think you might be being misled by large wallet moves.   I agree with what you said and what Galgitron pointed out about ratios,  but the ledger volume figure is very bursty...   one whale simply moving his wallet around or to an exchange pushes that figure right up.

My read on the current situation is that trans are increasing,  but are not at all significant as of yet.  Maybe check your volume figure again in a day or two and see if it was just a burst from big moves.

I would be delighted to be wrong...   and often am.

2 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Doc I think you might be being misled by large wallet moves.   I agree with what you said and what Galgitron pointed out about ratios,  but the ledger volume figure is very bursty...   one whale simply moving his wallet around or to an exchange pushes that figure right up.

My read on the current situation is that trans are increasing,  but are not at all significant as of yet.  Maybe check your volume figure again in a day or two and see if it was just a burst from big moves.

Voice of experience....you'e probably very right. That would explain the only modest rise in transaction volume someone else posted right after my post.

Maybe due to the Tether going into XRP to make faster wallet transfers? Seems whales are learning to use XRP, even though they pretend to hate it.

I appreciate the feedback, as always!

6 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

One other thought......it would be great if we could make a tracker for that ratio...I thought about it, but it's beyond my meager digital charting skills.

11 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

Voice of experience....

Oh Doctor Ed...   please don’t be misled by that stupid badge thing...  the fact that I crappost so much nonsense doesn’t mean I understand much in this market.  If we ever disagreed...    the smart money would be on you.  :JC_doubleup:

8 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

One other thought......it would be great if we could make a tracker for that ratio...I thought about it, but it's beyond my meager digital charting skills.

Yeah along those lines Galgitron has a couple of useful graphs he pulls from the big data populated by WeitseWind.    You’ve seen it I’m sure,   but I’ll post the link for anyone that hasn’t.

Technically I could probably do something similar to answer the various questions I have about what is happening,  but I am the laziest sod I know,  and after so many years in IT I actively resist doing anything with computers other than just use them... so keep I falling back to...  just watch the price and Google trends:

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 1-m&q=Xrp,Ripple

11 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Oh Doctor Ed...   please don’t be misled by that stupid badge thing...  the fact that I crappost so much nonsense doesn’t mean I understand much in this market.  If we ever disagreed...    the smart money would be on you.  :JC_doubleup:

Yeah along those lines Galgitron has a couple of useful graphs he pulls from the big data populated by WeitseWind.    You’ve seen it I’m sure,   but I’ll post the link for anyone that hasn’t.

Technically I could probably do something similar to answer the various questions I have about what is happening,  but I am the laziest sod I know,  and after so many years in IT I actively resist doing anything with computers other than just use them... so keep I falling back to...  just watch the price and Google trends:

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 1-m&q=Xrp,Ripple

I don't do Twitter, but I check in on Galgitron occasionally, just to catch up. I saw that Tweet. I think he graphs those himself, which is highly valuable to the community. Thanks for posting.

1 minute ago, dr_ed said:

I don't do Twitter, but I check in on Galgitron occasionally, just to catch up. I saw that Tweet. I think he graphs those himself, which is highly valuable to the community. Thanks for posting.

Yes he does have to do some work to extract from the database the figures he is plotting...   its scarily surprising how much can be learned from a big dataset.

I’m like you with Twitter...  I only go there for this and for any David or other Ripple staff tweets.  

Thanks for all the analysis you guys do in here, I really love reading it.  Sorry for clogging up the thread with all this other stuff...  hopefully a link or something will have been useful to someone.

3 hours ago, dr_ed said:

I expect most of you saw this...and for most of us it's not big news.....but it is a good synopsis of the "Big Triangle" analysis...with a dose of "don''t worry about the market cap" thrown in. I'll just put the link......This is from MPC on TradingView, someone who does a nice job with TA. He recently posted a longer term guess at the future, which puts the future price as high as $220. This is a chart-based TA educated guess, that depends on the triangle playing out as he describes. His arrival at that possible price is not based on utility or fundamentals.

What he says about resistance is well worth reading. I agree with that part completely.

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/XRPUSD/vqXr0bN9-A-More-Grounded-Near-Term-look-at-XRP-Comments-on-Market-Cap/

If it goes to 220, I'll take one for the team and let McAfee eat my d*ck (as opposed to his own)*

Edited by baobeiiiii
capital A in McAfee