War with North Korea increasing XRP price

Legolas

I think it's possible that a pre-emptive military strike or warring endeavor between the United States and North Korea could drive the price of XRP.

Read this: https://venturebeat.com/2017/08/10/investors-see-cryptocurrencies-as-safe-haven-amid-u-s-north-korea-tensions/

We know that South Korea has a keen interest in XRP. If cryptocurrencies are a safe haven for investors, then what other cryptocurrenc would be preferred than XRP for the South Koreans?

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

If there is war many people will die.

Speculating on price movements as a result of the death of innocents is immoral. 

We want XRP to be associated with breakthrough innovation not a horrific war.  

10 minutes ago, Graine said:

If your country is at war, the last thing you are going to buy is an intangible digital asset that depends on the internet to function. 

Especially if only a very very small fraction of the populace has an internet connection, a connection that depends on one connection to the outside world and would be prob the first things taken out

49 minutes ago, GiddyUp said:

I'd like to hear more from our friends in Korea, they have said they don't worry about North Korea - could you say more about why?

I lived in Korea for a year, same opinion holds true, don't worry so much about them. People hear him saying he is going to nuke the capital every other week and people just carry on with lives without a blink. I highly doubt this has to do with war or political warfare, but merely speculation and hope like the rest of us. Trust me on this one, I am married to a native borne Korean lol.

people gotta understand that everyone in north korea is s**t-scared of everyone else, they live a miserable paranoid existence

even the Great Leader is a slave to the generals and public and momentum that the insanity now has

he literally HAS TO posture and run his mouth, so there's no sign of weakness and the system keeps on churning

anyone, even He, can be backstabbed and accused like a pagan witch of pretty much any minor or major transgression

yey communism

3 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

If there is war many people will die.

Speculating on price movements as a result of the death of innocents is immoral. 

We want XRP to be associated with breakthrough innovation not a horrific war.  

For the record, I'm not reaching out to our friends in South Korea because I'm worried about my investment! :o I'm reaching out to them because I'm worried about them, and don't know anyone who lives there. I was happy to hear they are not so worried, and wished for them to elaborate so as to be assured from worrying about them so much...

5 hours ago, GiddyUp said:

I'd like to hear more from our friends in Korea, they have said they don't worry about North Korea - could you say more about why?

We never really gave a s*** about N. Korea ever since year 2000.

They taunt us with poorly developed missiles but never really managed to make it fly far enough.

I don't mean to be political, but I think Mr. P of some country is using N. Korea's actions to strengthen his position (I know nothing about politics, just wild guesses).

Believe it or not things like these have been going on quite often in S. Korea and we've seen how our government dealt with them.

All Korean men must attend Korean army for 2 years to defend our country, and those men in the frontlines see more of those taunts very often.

However, we never make a news about it every single time they do it, because we know they would not dare invade S. Korea.

The fact is, most of the N. Korean citizens are against Kim's tyranny and they are beginning to doubt communism.

They starve and see how well S. Koreans live, so they start risking their lives to make an escape to S. Korea.

So Kim Jung Eun is left with no choice but to consolidate his position as a leader by a. killing his older brother b. shooting missiles and etc etc.

and I think Mr. P is also using this to consolidate his position since there has been a big controversy going on (White gate or something, like I said, I don't know politics too much).

I don't know what to add more, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

6 hours ago, Legolas said:

I think it's possible that a pre-emptive military strike or warring endeavor between the United States and North Korea could drive the price of XRP.

Read this: https://venturebeat.com/2017/08/10/investors-see-cryptocurrencies-as-safe-haven-amid-u-s-north-korea-tensions/

We know that South Korea has a keen interest in XRP. If cryptocurrencies are a safe haven for investors, then what other cryptocurrenc would be preferred than XRP for the South Koreans?

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Like I mentioned in several other posts, we invest in XRP without knowing the tech. behind it, because we only have 7-8 coins to trade.

The only reason why vast majority of us are trading XRP is that it used to have a reputation of being 300 won coin in Korea (27 cents in USD probably).

No matter how much other coins drop or rises, XRP always came back to stable 300 won.

Koreans are wayyyyyyyy more interested in ETH because of EEA and SAMSUNG.

If XRP doesn't rise back to 250 won or something in the near future, Koreans will bail out and start buying ETH (vast majority of ppl. in my chat room are planning to do this).

By then, XRP price will drop like hell and you wouldn't know why if I haven't told you so.

Don't see me as a troll because I just put more money in XRP recently after reading all the posts in XRP chat, but the fact is not all Koreans are like me.

But the reality is that if the XRP price remains flat while BTC and ETH rises, more and more Koreans will seek to maximize their profits and start moving their money somewhere else.

We never knew how to use Bittrex, Poloniex, and etc. in the past but we are beginning to learn how.