Hello, I'm Debbie!

17 hours ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

If your financial advisor recommends that you hold Peso’s in your portfolio, then you need another advisor. Market makers are not going to be the Vostro accounts for all of the third world countries, simply so third world banks can offload the incoming XRP.

Also your water analogy is poor... gravity is irrelevant. All of the water ends up in whichever reservoir does not have a pump to send the water elsewhere. MEX has very slow “pumps”

Please do not say, “MMs will hold USD (or other strong currency) and then exchange for pesos as required, when the XRP is sent into Mexico.” This makes me laugh, because if the MM can somehow instantly exchange his holdings of USD for Peso’s, to buy XRP back from the MEX bank, then why does the world need XRP?

They gave up on you Valhalla...

You need to do some more research on market makers and how they earn on spreads between all exchanges keeping everything in balance in the process.

1 hour ago, Caracappa said:

They gave up on you Valhalla...

You need to do some more research on market makers and how they earn on spreads between all exchanges keeping everything in balance in the process.

I have read all of the theories on how MMs will save the day, but MMs cannot exchange currencies faster than XRP can cross borders so holding third world currencies is a fact of life, and a huge risk. Besides if MM want to earn a living by beating the spreads, they do not need XRP, there already is a market for that.

Finally if the MM model works so well there would be some USD - MEX volume today, but there is zero, and the USD-MEX corridor was the LARGEST exchange market which RL was eyeing up in the early days. So if the easiest and largest cross border market for consumers, does not work today when will it? 

(Rhetorical, because both you and I know that the early messaging from RL has all but been abandoned, and we are now looking to the IOV and Coil, hoping that micropayments become the cash cow, not retail xborder exchangers... So much for helping the little guy)

On 8/28/2019 at 1:15 PM, Tinyaccount said:

I’m also wondering why you find it hard to imagine any Mexican imports....  there are manufacturers there or don’t you believe that either?

https://insights.tetakawi.com/top-5-mexican-manufacturing-industries

Like where you're coming from... imho I think that Mexico and many other Countries will, ( some already have ) have a functioning system wherebye the majority of commercial outlets will be happy to accept payment in whichever Crypto Currency ones Wallet holds. Utilization will win at the end of the day and that day is fast approaching. :smoke: