BCH hash war

I'm wondering if SV mining 32-64 meg blocks is something many care about at this point. If it is, btc and abc may be left behind. Most understand larger blocks are necessary for scaling so if SV can do it, it may not even matter what people think of Craig.
Institutions need bigger blocks. Institutions are full of people like or even worse than Craig. 
Isn't the idea that you can keep the whole blockchain on normal hardware? I doubt that'll be possible with such large blocks.
Having large blocks requires better hardware and in the end helps centralization.

12 minutes ago, SquaryBone said:

Isn't the idea that you can keep the whole blockchain on normal hardware? I doubt that'll be possible with such large blocks.
Having large blocks requires better hardware and in the end helps centralization.

That's not what SV is thinking. Their idea is scaling for global/governmental usage. That will not be powered by desktops. SV is done with the old narrative. These guys mean business, big business. 

41 minutes ago, LordVetinari said:

That's not what SV is thinking. Their idea is scaling for global/governmental usage. That will not be powered by desktops. SV is done with the old narrative. These guys mean business, big business. 

If they really mean business, then they better silence this PR disaster. I think it's already too late for that. By now, even if he would prove he is Jesus, nobody will like him. POW is outdated anyway, so nothing lost. Bye, Bitcoin, thanks but... no.

bitcoin.jpg

Edited by Guest

That sounds like the opposite of Satoshi's vision. They better rename it to bchnosv. What a bunch of shitheads :)

https://medium.com/@craig_10243/taking-care-of-business-63430b62be2f

Going forward we will start to open up and allow business use of the Bitcoin blockchain. Bitcoin scales, and we will be demonstrating this in the coming days as we first start running 128-MB blocks and we will move to remove the block cap altogether. In the coming years, we plan to support an unbounded blocksize and as many transactions as people are willing to send us.

3 hours ago, SquaryBone said:

That sounds like the opposite of Satoshi's vision. They better rename it to bchnosv. What a bunch of shitheads :)

From SV's perspective ask yourself if btc is Satoshi's vision. Or if a mutt of ethereum/btc is Satoshi's vision.

We all know xrp is nothing like bitcoin but xrp will not be the only coin. I'm not sure you know what each bitcoin is proposing but If you had to bet on which would be able to replace fiat, which would it be, btc, abc or sv? 

It's a rhetorical question, you don't have to answer. However, this is what is being determined. 

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, princesultan said:

Craig did say that if this war went on that btc's price would crumble. He stated this a day or so before the price started crashing. 

He claimed he has sooo much btc that he would dump it to pay for SV until it won. I'm not so sure there is a correlation though. 

Edited by Guest

From SV's perspective ask yourself if btc is Satoshi's vision. Or if a mutt of ethereum/btc is Satoshi's vision.
We all know xrp is nothing like bitcoin but xrp will not be the only coin. I'm not sure you know what each bitcoin is proposing but If you had to bet on which would be able to replace fiat, which would it be, btc, abc or sv? 
It's a rhetorical question, you don't have to answer. However, this is what is being determined. 
Faketoshi's fork literally refers to SV. I'm not a bitcoin purist but if he does exactly the opposite of SV from the start... this is not about Satoshi's vision. This is a hostile takeover.

21 hours ago, fiik said:

^but that carbon footprint?

Do you think anyone using bitcoin cares? I don't think anyone using bitcoin cares. 

Polar bears don't have wallets.

Edited by Guest

Looks like Coingeek (the principal miner of SV) has raised the white flag:

https://coingeek.com/plan-end-worlds-first-bitcoin-hash-election/

We will accept that all exchanges list ABC’s coin as BAB (Bitcoin ABC) and Bitcoin SV’s coin as BSV (Bitcoin SV); ABC adds replay protection while SV does not. Note, we are on record as saying the Wormhole token protocol used on ABC’s chain is technically no longer Bitcoin, so ABC’s coin would be Bitcoin in name only. We also want all wallets, payment processors and other service providers to do the same, and we want the ABC faction to work with us to push this through. For this, both sides agree not to attack each other’s chain, and let the chains compete as separate offerings in the marketplace. Basically, both sides give up the claim for BCH and start even.

Commentary here (biased): 

And it seems like most exchanges are going with ABC as the true BCH. 

The recent ABC upgrades could not have happened without centralized authority; it's good to see that someone in the BTC space is seeing the advantages of governance. :D

Edited by PunishmentOfLuxury