Can someone please advise on a safe wallet on a mac

XRPHdlr

PLEASE make sure you understand what "bringing your XRPs over" actually means. Your question about how much disk space would be taken up alludes that you might not. Read this and make sure you understand what's happening--

From what I'm hearing, Toast Wallet seems like it would be a good option... that said, storing your wallet (aka your private key(s)) on the same computer you use for everyday use is basically asking for your coins to be stolen. If you have an iOS device that has a fingerprint scanner or FaceID, use toast wallet on that device! It will be MUCH more secure than if you put it on your mac.

Please go to the "Links and Resources" tab at the top of the XRP Chat page. Everything you need to know about wallets, including toast.

The key to a safe wallet is having a clean (no malware or spyware) PC to create the wallet. 2nd use a trusted wallet generator, like those shown in the resources area of this site, and finally guarding your security key or pass phrases.

Some web sites create and hold the keys for you. In which case you would use a login password, to gain access. Others simply give you the keys, and it is up to you to protect them. 

I created my keys offline, storing them on paper. (Paper or cold wallet) I then purchased and activated a Ledger Nano S. I use both wallets, splitting my funds. I tend to overthink these things.  I say this because it cost 20XRP to activate each wallet, and looking back now, I feel I should have skipped the Ledger purchase, and stuck with the free paper wallet. 

I am not sure how the Toast wallet works, but I do not trust any website to hold my keys. (This is my main problem with the Ledger Nano S)

There are no 'good' Ripple wallets anywhere... or on any platform.

This is by design... Ripple decided not get involved with this part of the Ripple Network... and this part of the reason that Ripple has no ecosystem. Ripple took the view that they would be sooooo successful, that their distribution channels - the banks - would be trotting out their own versions Ripple Network wallets.

Alas, this was not to be.

The dreary product planners in the banks took the position of waiting to better understand stuff.

:-)

It has been rumoured here that Ripple may be working on a wallet for 2018 Q2.

Let us hope, that if this is true, then it supports

• peer to peer, and
  • HD capabilities

2 hours ago, XRPHdlr said:

I'm thinking of bring my xrp's over to my computer from the exchange since everyone is saying not to keep them there.

It there a wallet that can be trusted that you would suggest?'

How much disk space would be taken up?

Thank you!

Rippex wallet works fine on a Mac also...takes a bit of processor but you shouldn't have it opened anyway while doing other things....and you can store the files on a USB key...just always remember to write down your secret key somewhere safe.

9 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

There are no 'good' Ripple wallets anywhere... or on any platform.

This is by design... Ripple decided not get involved with this part of the Ripple Network... and this part of the reason that Ripple has no ecosystem. Ripple took the view that they would be sooooo successful, that their distribution channels - the banks - would be trotting out their own versions Ripple Network wallets.

Alas, this was not to be.

The dreary product planners in the banks took the position of waiting to better understand stuff.

:-)

It has been rumoured here that Ripple may be working on a wallet for 2018 Q2.

Let us hope, that if this is true, then it supports

• peer to peer, and
  • HD capabilities

Source plz