FleXRP - A tool to setup an XRP account for the Flare Spark Airdrop

DevNullProd

1 minute ago, brianwalden said:

Hmmm... Is it a problem with XRPSCAN?

I have no idea. But looks fine on bithomp.com, XRPtoolkit.com and livenet.xrpl.org

But I just want to make sure things are fine as I don't want to somehow mess things up here.
How is it lookingon your end?

image.png

2 hours ago, Warg said:

I have no idea. But looks fine on bithomp.com, XRPtoolkit.com and livenet.xrpl.org

But I just want to make sure things are fine as I don't want to somehow mess things up here.
How is it lookingon your end?

image.png

One way that I can imagine some sites reporting it is set and other not is if the messagekey field has been set with an invalid address and not all sites detect that.  Or the inverse. ( It is correct but some site thinks it’s not because it’s validation logic is incorrect. )

I do not know, and would love to find out, if any of these XRPL explorers do any validation on the Flare address.  I’m not sure of the full set of properties that a valid Flare claim address should have but from top of head I believe it needs:

• ’02x’ (or something like that) as a prefix
  • About (can’t remember actual number) 20 zeros after the prefix
  • a valid Etherium address in UPPERCASE (although why that is a requirement escapes me)

That is from top of head and is probably incomplete or wrong in some ways.

Regarding the ‘valid’ Etherium address....  I’m not at all familiar with ETH so don’t know any details but I’m certain that not every string of correct length is a valid Etherium address.  There will be libs that can validate its correctness.

Perhaps @DevNullProd or @xrpscan or @Warbler could shed some light on why some sites say it’s set and others do not?  Any input from these wonderful and busy folk would be much appreciated.

Hi,

There's a small nuance when showing information about Spark claims. The claim is valid on last messageKey. This is not the same as the current messageKey. Because of this subtle difference, there's a back-filler that checks for the most recent messageKey and updates the db at the third party service we use. This may introduce some delay and show outdated messageKey info. That's my guess what happened here. I can see that your account now shows your messageKey correctly.

mkey.png

23 hours ago, xrpscan said:

Hi,

There's a small nuance when showing information about Spark claims. The claim is valid on last messageKey. This is not the same as the current messageKey. Because of this subtle difference, there's a back-filler that checks for the most recent messageKey and updates the db at the third party service we use. This may introduce some delay and show outdated messageKey info. That's my guess what happened here. I can see that your account now shows your messageKey correctly.

mkey.png

Thanks very much for this.

Can I ask please if you do any validation at all on the address?  Do you know if the other sites do?

It would be great peace of mind for people if we knew that when shown as “set” it means that the field is in the correct format and is a valid address in terms of the Etherium addressing scheme.   (I imagine there are Etherium address libraries that would confirm that?)

Thanks for any info, even if it’s just a no.  

18 hours ago, BillyOckham said:

Thanks very much for this.

Can I ask please if you do any validation at all on the address?  Do you know if the other sites do?

It would be great peace of mind for people if we knew that when shown as “set” it means that the field is in the correct format and is a valid address in terms of the Etherium addressing scheme.   (I imagine there are Etherium address libraries that would confirm that?)

Thanks for any info, even if it’s just a no.  

I'm unsure about other flare tools, but we do simple verification via this regex:

/^0x[A-F0-9]{40}$/

The red flame icon appears only if it matches this regex.

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2021 at 1:18 AM, newboy said:

@brianwalden i have own wallet. and i check on flare.tools Like this, did I get it? or unable to do anything

Capture4.PNG

So you're eligible, but you need to claim it by providing an Ethereum address that you own the keys to. Your FLR will be delivered to that address, but on the Flare Network, not Ethereum.

What wallet are you using now, XUMM?

Wietse, XUMM's lead developer, made this tool: https//flare.wietse.com/

On 6/5/2021 at 4:29 PM, newboy said:

@brianwalden I tried to look and can't set it like this in xrptoolkit . Please advise me, I am new in this field.

Capture3.PNG

In order to claim spark you need to be able to sign a transaction which would set a messageKey, it seems like here you're using xrptoolkit in a "read only" mode, as you entered only your xrp address, in order to sign transactions you need a hardware wallet or xumm or something else what has the secret.