IOTA admits it has no formal partnership with Microsoft

UPDATE: IOTA’s founders reached out after the publication of this story with the following statement: “We have never stated that there was any formal partnership with Microsoft, and instead always referred to them as a participant to the marketplace. The media has overblown the story into a “IOTA launches Data Marketplace with Microsoft”, which couldn’t be further from the truth, as we are working together with more than 30 of the largest companies in the world on the marketplace as a co-innovation exercise. When it comes to our communication and the involvement of Microsoft, we have asked for written and explicit approval of the press release, quote and logo beforehand and have stayed within the boundaries with what we were allowed to do.” TNW updated the title to better reflect the story.

:lol:

Bollocks.

I have screenshots of Dev team members posting/retweeting stuff about partnerships.

I can post them later, for some reason I can't attach images directly from my phone.

Between this and the whole roll your own crypto/intentionally buggy open source code fiasco, these guys have some major red flags. I tell everyone their idea in theory has the most potential, but they probably have the most serious concerns about whether they’ll be able to pull it off.

https://venturebeat.com/2017/12/19/robert-bosch-venture-capital-bets-on-iota-as-it-invests-in-the-future-of-iot/

the IOTA Foundation announced that Robert Bosch Venture Capital GmbH (RBVC) — the corporate venture capital company of the Bosch Group — has purchased a significant number of IOTA tokens. Dr. Hongquan Jiang, partner at RBVC, will also join the IOTA Foundation’s advisory board.