I can't figure out how to withdraw my XRP from Gatehub

leelue

On other sites, I have no problem selling my other coins, but gatehub wont seem to let me drop below 30 coins. Why? And can I ever get around this limit (even if it means closing my account?)

Edited by leelue

First you have to understand that xrp network reserves that 30xrp to open a new wallet and once it's there you can't get it out.

Secondly gatehub is a bit different than other exchanges. When you open a new wallet in gatehub, it will create a new wallet in xrp network and will give secret key for you. (You can use secret key to access the same wallet with any xrp client). Other exchanges will store everyone's xrp in the same wallet and this is why it does not require you to open a new wallet. (However exchange is holding your xrp and you have no way of restoring them outside of exchange)

30 minutes ago, leelue said:

That's so weird. Why would they give me 30 if I can't do anything with it. But alright, at least it isn't a loss.

You can't do anything with a ripple wallet until activated. Nothing.

Gatehub essentially enables you free use and access to the ripple network and wallet (20XRP for reserve requirements of the wallet + 2x trustlines).

8 hours ago, leelue said:

On other sites, I have no problem selling my other coins, but gatehub wont seem to let me drop below 30 coins. Why? And can I ever get around this limit (even if it means closing my account?)

Ripple native wallets (which primarily GateHub uses) require min. 20 XRP to be operational on the ripple network.

This is a so called "reserve requirement". You can learn more about it here: https://ripple.com/build/reserves/

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/9/2017 at 4:53 AM, leelue said:

gatehub wont seem to let me drop below 30 coins. Why? And can I ever get around this limit (even if it means closing my account?)

The reserve XRP is the price that you pay for a spot in the ledger (or in this case, it looks like Gatehub paid for you). Because that entry (your address) cannot be deleted, the XRP cannot be refunded. The reserve requirement is 20XRP. You can close open trustlines and free-up the other 10.

On 6/9/2017 at 6:15 PM, FERforum said:

How can I withdrawal or move to a ripple wallet some XRP from a watch wallet?

A watch wallet? I'm not sure what this means. Can you please clarify?

12 hours ago, FERforum said:

Any response from gatehub?
How to withdrawal XRP from a hosted wallet ( ripple wallet) is a watch wallet--
Please help

Please PM me your email and we'll take a look.

• 1 month later...