More Hints to R3 Ties

Hodor

R3 secures largest ever investment for distributed ledger technology with USD 107 million from over 40 institutions

https://www.corda.net/2017/05/r3-secures-largest-ever-investment-distributed-ledger-technology-usd-107-million-40-institutions/

Financial technology innovator R3 has completed the first two of three tranches in its Series A fundraising round, securing USD 107 million in the world’s largest distributed ledger technology (DLT) investment to date. R3 is the largest consortium of global financial institutions collaborating to develop a platform and commercial applications for DLT.

R3’s globally diverse group of investors represents an equal geographical split across Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas, counting over 40 participants from over 15 countries.

I think this is great news, even though it's listed in the "investment" stage still.   Reason: It's a who's who of Ripple partners.  The point is, we might be one step closer to definitely knowing if R3 is going to go in the direction of ILP using RCL/XRP. 

If you look at the list of the banks, you'll notice MANY cross-overs with the list of banks that have been running XRP and RCL, either at the trial stage or actual production integrations!  Here's the list, with my bold * on the ones I know of:  

Banco Bradesco
    Bangkok Bank
    * Bank of America Merrill Lynch
    Bank of Montreal
    Bank of New York Mellon
    Barclays
    * BBVA
    * BNP Paribas

B3 (BM&FBOVESPA and Cetip)
    Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
    Citi
    Commerzbank
    * Commonwealth Bank of Australia
    Credit Suisse
    CTBC Financial Holding
    Daiwa Securities Group
    Danske Bank
    Deutsche Bank
    HSBC
    ING
    Intel Capital
    Intesa Sanpaolo
    Itaú Unibanco S.A.
    * Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG)
    Mizuho
    Natixis
    Nomura
    Nordea Bank
    Northern Trust
    OP Cooperative
    Ping An
    * Royal Bank of Canada
    * SBI Group

SEB
    Societe Generale
    Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
    * TD Bank Group
    Temasek
    The Bank of Nova Scotia
    * The Royal Bank of Scotland
    U.S. Bank
    * UBS AG
    Wells Fargo
    Westpac

I know for a fact I've missed some - let me know if any others have been experimenting with XRP / RCL already:good:

I was watching this video the other day on Corda.

I was surprised and impressed. Still have not got the concepts fully in my head yet, so need to learn more, but the fact that Corda does not have a universal "ledger", and that every transaction does not have to be 'published' to a global ledger is a powerful enabling functionality.

They use "windows" of time, and a type of PayChan  like feature called "flows" to do off ledger transactions. Then "Notaries"  which I think are like Validators, but since there is not 1 single universal "ledger" the network's graph does is not required to have overlap like RCL which requires the topology to have some amount of overlap.

I think Corda is unlike any other "blockchain" which I have run across.

Does anyone know more? Links? Videos?

https://vimeo.com/192757743/c2ec39c1e1

Edited by KarmaCoverage

Guest dfault123

Corda may definitely be cool and stuff, but I'm still struggling to understand its purpose alongside RCL & ILP.