Polio, monkey viruses, cancer, and Lee Harvey Oswald!

Guest Haydentiff

Guest Haydentiff

Since a few of you mentioned you like conspiracy theories, I'm reading a helluva book called Dr. Mary's Monkey,  that ties a strange combination together -polio, monkey viruses, cancer, and Lee Harvey Oswald.

There was a polio epidemic in the 50's. The U.S. was in a mad rush to develop a vaccine. In, 1955 Jonas Salk developed a vaccine using the dead virus. Right before mass inoculation was scheduled to begin, Dr. Bernice Eddy discovered that the virus wasn't dead as promised, but alive and ready to breed. The monkeys she injected with the virus fell paralyzed. There was debates on both sides on whether or not to proceed. Dr. Alton Ochsner, (the man who seems to be the one to have brought all of these strange characters and happenings together) had a large stake in one of the pharmaceutical companies manufacturing the vaccine and insisted it was safe. To demonstrate his conviction that the was vaccine was really ready, he inoculated his own grandchildren with it.

Mass inoculation proceeded on schedule.

Within days, many children fell sick from polio. Some paralyzed. Some died. Both of Dr. Ochsner's grandchildren contracted polio. His grandson died.

Albert Sabin came up with the 2nd vaccine.it used a weakened virus instead of a live one. Around this time (1960), Dr. Sarah Stewart discovered that some viruses can cause cancer. Knowing this, Dr. Bernice Eddy became worried about the Sabin vaccine. Vaccine manufacturers were growing the polio virus on the kidneys of monkeys and when they removed the polio virus, the ended up removing an unknown number of other viruses as well. Dr. Bernice Eddy discovered that one of those viruses was cancer causing virus -SV40. She took material from kidney cell cultures that were used in the polio vaccine and injected them into hamsters...and grew cancer.

This vaccine was already widely being administered. Rather than handover her findings to just one individual, like her superior at the NIH, she announced them  publicly during a talk at the New York Cancer Society, without giving anyone warning beforehand (not much happened after she found the first big mistake). When she returned, her career was destroyed. Her lab was taken away, animals destroyed, she was placed under a gag order, and delayed publishing.

What about the vaccine that contained a cancer causing virus that was being administered to millions of people? It continued. Can you imagine if the public knew they had been injected with a cancer causing virus? They'd never trust vaccinations again. That was too big of a risk for the government and pharmaceutical companies to take. Plus it had been determined that it would take 30yrs for soft tissue cancer to form and it would be unlikely that anyone would ever connect it to the polio vaccination. So millions of children continued to be injected until 1963.

1955-1963: Polio vaccinations were contaminated with a cancer causing virus.

A dramatic increase in soft tissue cancers -lung, breast prostate, lymphoma, brain and melanoma began right after 1985 (1955 + 30yrs).

This is the information given at the beginning of the book before any of the conspiracy stuff and I think it's the most interesting. I had no idea this happened. It's infuriating.

http://ahrp.org/bernice-eddy-phd/

The author of the book is trying to solve the murder of a family friend -Dr. Mary Sherman, who was a brilliant cancer researcher and orthopedic surgeon, sought out by the president of The American Cancer Society, Dr. Ochsner, (mentioned above). She was found murdered in 1964, in what seems like some sort of electrical accident. Her arm was burned off and it appears as though a bolt of electricity blew threw her rib cage, but all of the skin nearby the wounds were in tact. She was stabbed post mortem and her apartment set on fire.

I'm not through with the book. I thought the author was going to say that Dr. Mary Sherman was working on a cure for the cancer causing virus that had been administered to millions of children, but he's taking a weird route speculating that she was working on a biochemical weapon -a fast acting cancer, to kill Castro. President Nixen was given the task of rebuilding the NIH after the disastrous vaccine fiasco (he signed off on Sabin's new polic vaccine), but the author seems to be alluding that the CIA was working independently of the President and with the Mofia, to kill Castro. There was a secret lab built under a US Public Health Services hospital in Louisiana.  The author connects David Ferrie and Lee Harvey Oswald by the story given by a woman claiming to have been Oswald's mistress at the time -Judyth Vary. I think (still not done with the book) that she is the one making the claim that the secret lab was working on a bioweapon to kill Castro.

I might take a break from the book and watch JFK, haha. I'm not familiar with the conspiracy stories surrounding his death.

10 minutes ago, Haydentiff said:

I might take a break from the book and watch JFK

It's a great movie (really) although there are a lot of "alternative facts" in it that are easily debunked. Some good websites out there that break it down, but JFK in general is a total quagmire once you go too deep into the rabbit hole!

Guest Haydentiff
11 minutes ago, zerpdigger said:

It's a great movie (really) although there are a lot of "alternative facts" in it that are easily debunked. Some good websites out there that break it down, but JFK in general is a total quagmire once you go too deep into the rabbit hole!

I can imagine! I've had to take notes reading this book because there are so many different names dropped along with alternative explanations given.There are even people who don't believe that SV40 was a mistake. They think it was intentionally added for genetic tracking purposes. (That wasn't included in the book. I read about it when I was looking for more info.)

Americans have a unique resource in radio... KPFA in Berkeley, California which supports an equally important American - Bonnie Faulkner. Faulkner (Guns and Butter) has been running an informative national interview service for years, re: people who will not be interviewed by the mainstream.

i would consider Guns and Butter, Bonnie Faulkner one of the important radio shows in the US.

In the URL below she interviews Edward Haslam, the author of Dr. Mary's Monkey.

http://gunsandbutter.org/archived-show-list

I listened to the two interview awhile when came out. It was excellent. Nothing is as the mainstream says.

--

The URL points to a list of interviews. Dr. Mary's Monkey in two (2) parts and 1/3 the way down the page.

--

William Engdhal is also interviewed another great American, who expertise in oil, pesticides and stuff. Guns and Butter interviews many of the people with first hand knowledge.

I've gone through a recent phase of reading about conspiracy theories too. There's some really whacky, left-field opinions out there and others could just as easily be true as they could be someone's imagination + sensationalisation.

Why would they still release a new vaccination en masse with questions over its safety? Is money really a powerful enough motivation? Why was there the time pressure? And finally, it seems a brazen, foolhard risk to inject your own grandchildren with a questionable vaccine!!

Edited by will4star

Guest Haydentiff
24 minutes ago, will4star said:

Why would they still release a new vaccination en masse with questions over its safety? Is money really a powerful enough motivation? Why was there the time pressure? And finally, why it seems a brazen, foolhard risk to inject your own grandchildren with a questionable vaccine!!

Flint, Michigan has been without clean water for 1,078 days.

I know I keep bringing this up, but it's only because it's so telling how little human lives matter to those in charge. And how easy it is to blatantly lie over and over. There is a very blurred line, if one exists at all, between government and corporations. In the case of the polio vaccine, the hospital funding came from the government and pharmaceutical companies. I don't really want to go down this particular rabbit hole, but there is another big event that occurred right before the polio epidemic. The introduction of antibiotics. I read something once claiming that polio wasn't that big of a deal. It passed through most people without them ever knowing. Some people developed flu like symptoms. We were protected by the bacteria that lines our gut. Once that bacteria is disturbed, (antibiotics) the virus can pass through the lining of the gut, get into the bloodstream, and make its way to the brain stem.

Guest Haydentiff
1 hour ago, Apollo said:

Watch out, batman!  My skeptic sense is tingling! Wild speculation built on unreliable and insufficient evidence parading as a credible scientific investigation is nearby. :bb:

#FakeNews -the greatest repellent against public unity.

Guest dfault123

lol I first misread polio as "polo", which revealed my inner feelings towards the exchange

@Haydentiff - You're right -- the issues with Flint Michigan and its water supply is a huge national blemish to say the least. So much of the policy and response of local government, the State of Michigan, and the EPA -- tragically -- has been shaped by a similar mess with the Superfunds site clean-up in the 80's and 90's. A ton of legal precedant along with some bad Superfund law wording basically left the "last person to touch the problem" -- basically owned all of the clean-up costs. It was the ultimate "deep pockets" problem. One of the famous Superfund sites -- Love Canal near Buffalo, NY -- turned into a huge clean-up nightmare with Hooker Chemical, Erie County, the State of New York, and EPA going around the mulberry bush for decades fighting over Superfund monies rather than fixing the problem. All of those entities spend more in legal fees than they ever spent in the clean-up -- and to this day -- the area around Love Canal is still not right. Flint sounds like a carbon copy -- if the participants just ignore the problem -- they don't have to pay for anything. 

I don't want to believe that there are rich & powerful people who act in their self-interest at the cost of others. But if I don't, I also know I'm deceiving myself.

I used to work in the bioscience sector, my mum's a geologist and a homeopath, and I've always tried to have an open mind about things. But then I learned that the scientific community, especially the medical community, is really lacking something. I don't know how to describe it - a lack of art? A certain poetry? At any rate, it's an understanding of how people actually are. That sounds strange, I know, but I just didn't like how everything gets distilled down into statistics and test-tubes. It functions almost like a machine. One of the worst consequences of this is reflected in the predominance of antibiotics/painkiller/anti-depressants. There's so much evidence out there that some of these synthetic substances actually mess up your system more than they help. Yet is that enough to stop them? They're also money-spinners, and that's what pharma companies need to keep funding research into other diseases, to make more new drugs. Take cancer treatment for example. How can injecting patients with a CARCINERGENIC chemical possibly be one of the more effective ways to reduce cancer we know of in the 21st century? This was something developed during WW2 from mustard gas, and also brings a lot of money into the companies who sell the chemicals. But any suggestion that a natural alternative might be better is immediately disregarded. Because there isn't the scientific evidence...because the people who fund or verify the studies, or who have the power to make the results translate into real-world applications also can't patent it and stand to lose the most as a result. And that sucks. But it's the truth. Western medicine is a business, with some healthcare benefits as a bonus.

I had a mental/emotional burnout a year or so ago and while working for a homeless shelter so I don't particularly dwelling on these sorts of things too much. But really it does suck ><

Edited by will4star

11 minutes ago, will4star said:

Take cancer treatment for example. How can injecting patients with a CARCINERGENIC chemical possibly be one of the more effective ways to reduce cancer we know of in the 21st century? This was something developed during WW2 from mustard gas, and also brings a lot of money into the companies who sell the chemicals. But any suggestion that a natural alternative might be better is immediately disregarded. Because there isn't the scientific evidence...because the people who fund or verify the studies, or who have the power to make the results translate into real-world applications also can't patent it and stand to lose the most as a result. And that sucks. But it's the truth. Western medicine is a business, with some healthcare benefits as a bonus.

I had a mental/emotional burnout a year or so ago and while working for a homeless shelter so I don't particularly dwelling on these sorts of things too much. But really it does suck ><

Cancer is a particularly difficult problem as targeting your cancer cells but not your healthy cells is extremely difficult, to say the least. Just to add insult to injury cancer often mutates and becomes resistant to treatment. Never the less, scientific approaches to this problem have been very successful in fighting many types of cancer. Homeopathy, Naturopathy, and herbalism have not. In fact, people who use those methods of treatment exhibit an uncanny resemblance to people who use no treatment at all. 

Your argument is more or less that there is no money in natural or unscientific treatments and so no one direct sufficient resources toward proving their validity. Sadly, this is simply not true.  Homeopathy, for example, continues to divert badly needed resources away from treatments which might actually work, despite the facts that, 1. It has failed to survive any properly run scientific investigations of its efficacy, and 2. it has a complete lack of prior plausibility (it is literally based on magic).

Lastly, I would just point out that there is nothing alternative about the profit motive when it comes to alternative medicine. Their treatments are just not subject to the same regulatory standards for proof of efficacy and safety. I fail to see why or how that makes them more likely to be safe or effective. 

Guest Haydentiff

One of the worst consequences of this is reflected in the predominance of antibiotics/painkiller/anti-depressants. There's so much evidence out there that some of these synthetic substances actually mess up your system more than they help. Yet is that enough to stop them? They're also money-spinners,

Yep. I've had difficulty sleeping at night my entire life. My dr prescribed Xanax several years ago. I take one before bed, never put too much thought into it. Recently, my prescription ran out and I waited like 4 days to pick it up from the pharmacy (I was busy) and I thought I was going to die. I was sick! I googled Xanax withdrawal:

Xanax is only intended for short-term use because it has a higher addiction potential than many other benzodiazepines. Some people have experienced withdrawal symptoms after taking Xanax for only a few weeks—sometimes even on their prescribed dose.

The most common symptoms of withdrawal from Xanax are:

Headache

Blurred vision

Vomiting

Sweating

Insomnia

Aggression

Seizures

Anxiety

Depression

Uncontrollable shaking

Sensitivity to noise and light

Muscle cramps and pain

https://www.addictioncenter.com/benzodiazepines/xanax/withdrawal-detox/

!!! I'm a junkie and I never even knew it. Surely there is something safer to help me sleep. Although now that I now how HORRIBLE stopping is, I'm not in a hurry do it again. 

25 minutes ago, Haydentiff said:

Yep. I've had difficulty sleeping at night my entire life. My dr prescribed Xanax several years ago. I take one before bed, never put too much thought into it. Recently, my prescription ran out and I waited like 4 days to pick it up from the pharmacy (I was busy) and I thought I was going to die. I was sick! I googled Xanax withdrawal:

!!! I'm a junkie and I never even knew it. Surely there is something safer to help me sleep. Although now that I now how HORRIBLE stopping is, I'm not in a hurry do it again. 

The best drug for many diseases is a lifestyle. And it's free.

2 hours ago, Haydentiff said:

Yikes!

Still, there isn't anything unique to western medicine about this kind of carelessness or laziness on the part of your doctor. 

I would assert that the answer to bad science, isn't no science but rather good science. Similarly, the answer to a failure to follow the standard of care is not to do away with it all together.