*PSA* Tether is putting these XRP exchanges at risk: Bitfinex, Bittrex, Kraken & others.

flanman

3 hours ago, Chris88 said:

This is my first comment although I read a lot, so sorry if my question seems very silly or obvious.

If I bought my XRP in Kraken and took it out and stored it in my Ledger Nano S, should I worry about something?

Thanks in advance

no worries. unless your just bought ice cream and your refrigerator is broken.

3 hours ago, automatic said:

Price may take a hit if the market tanks, but otherwise your xrp is perfectly safe.  So - nothing to worry about;  enjoy the show.

my dream is for tether to be worth $0.00

10 minutes ago, MegaNerd said:

my dream is for tether to be worth $0.00

Short dream.

I like the one where I'm dressed in sun god robes and people are throwing little pickles at me...

I'll take obscure movie references for $200, Alex

19 minutes ago, Tyrell said:

Short dream.

I like the one where I'm dressed in sun god robes and people are throwing little pickles at me...

I'll take obscure movie references for $200, Alex

the length doesn't matter. i believe tether's days are numbered 

I have a good few xrp in sell orders open on kraken, should I be cancellling them and sending the xrp to my ledger until we see how this plays out?

Don't feel like I'm understanding the ramifications of tether going down yet, is it like a run on the banks type situation?

2 minutes ago, MangoCat said:

I have a good few xrp in sell orders open on kraken, should I be cancellling them and sending the xrp to my ledger until we see how this plays out?

Don't feel like I'm understanding the ramifications of tether going down yet, is it like a run on the banks type situation?

get your XRP off all exchanges. you have ben warned :good:

2 minutes ago, MegaNerd said:

get your XRP off all exchanges. you have ben warned :good:

Did the same this morning had a few thousand on binance and moved them back to wallet to be safe. Nothing might happen but if usdt collapses and exchanges suspend withdrawals it could be messy.

6 minutes ago, LiquidGoat said:

Did the same this morning had a few thousand on binance and moved them back to wallet to be safe. Nothing might happen but if usdt collapses and exchanges suspend withdrawals it could be messy.

smart. keeping XRP on exchanges are meant for those who want to lose money.

Yeah, I had made some sell orders with the 'get my initial investment back' portion of my stack as I was working during the quick run up before swell and realised I may not be beside a computer if it happens again and didnt want to miss out. All back on the ledger for the minute anyway.