2 XRP Addresses on a Nano Ledger? Possible or not?

gentlemanape

So it appears that the Ledger wallet software for XRP only supports a single address? Am I wrong in this?

I've contacted Ledger support and they have been completely silent on the matter.

My problem is that I have my own personal stash and another stash that is owned by a company I sole shareholder of. I obviously don't want to commingle these accounts for tax purposes.

If one address per device is all that's possible, has anyone tried connecting two differently keyed nanos on the same computer (for example a Nano S and a Blue, each with different recovery seeds)?

I think you need to enter the wrong pina few times, after that you can chose to set up a new seed/or put in the old one. Thats how it could work. After you set up a new adress you can repeat the step with entering the wrong pin again, but make sure your holdings are at that moment not on the ledger if something goes wrong?!

No, the Nano is not intended to have multiple addresses tied to it. 

It does however, have a plausible deniability feature. 

https://ledger.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005161725-How-to-setup-a-passphrase-and-an-alternate-PIN-

But the Ledger supports a single address only that is associated with your pin and the 24 words you fill out. 

If you enter the wrong pin, it will wipe everything and you need to start over, the only way to retrieve the previous funds is to put in the same 24 words in recovery. 

The scenario is;

A person has 1 computer, 1 Nano S and 1 Blue

They have downloaded the XRP wallet to the computer and set up the seed for this on their Nano S

The questions;

Can they now download another XRP wallet to that same computer and set up an entirely new seed on their Blue?

Do they even need to download another wallet or just go through the same wallet interface but as new wallet account and seed set up?

Will either walllet be accessible depending on which ledger device is used to sign through the one ledger xrp wallet interface?

22 minutes ago, Khaleesi said:

The questions;

Can they now download another XRP wallet to that same computer and set up an entirely new seed on their Blue?

If you wanted to do recovery every time you wanted to access their XRP, I suppose? Sounds like an awful dangerous waste of time. You'd be risking the 24 words every time. Each device is intended for ONE wallet. 

Do they even need to download another wallet or just go through the same wallet interface but as new wallet account and seed set up?

Not sure what the question is...if you have a blue or a nano, assume you have relatively safe access to one wallet per device. 

Will either walllet be accessible depending on which ledger device is used to sign through the one ledger xrp wallet interface?

The blue accesses the blue's wallet and the nano accesses the nano's wallet. 

Again, I suppose you could swap recovery keys to other Ledger's, but why would you?

12 minutes ago, Hodlezerper said:

Not sure what the question is...if you have a blue or a nano, assume you have relatively safe access to one wallet per device. 

The blue accesses the blue's wallet and the nano accesses the nano's wallet. 

Thank you, we’re getting there.

yes, one unique seed/ wallet on a nano S  and an entirely separate unique seed/wallet on Blue

Question; Can you use either of these ledgers through the SINGLE downloaded ledgerXRP wallet interface on ONE computer?

Edited by Khaleesi

1 minute ago, Khaleesi said:

Thank you, we’re getting there.

Happy to help. 

Question; Can you use either of these ledgers through the SINGLE downloaded ledgerXRP wallet interface on ONE computer?

Yes. You could access as many Ledgers as you'd like on one computer. You could conversely access your ledger on as any other computer that has the application installed. 

24 minutes ago, Hodlezerper said:

Yes. You could access as many Ledgers as you'd like on one computer. You could conversely access your ledger on as any other computer that has the application installed. 

Perfect! So even if you went to sign in on a friends computer that had ledger xrp wallet interface installed, you would only be accessing your ledger nano or blue and those details would show? It would not have any effect on your friends downloaded xrp wallet?  Is it just a ‘dumb’ interface?

Edited by Khaleesi

Just now, gentlemanape said:

Thanks guys.

I'm going to test this out next week when ledger device #2 shows up in the mail and will confirm that I can access both devices, each with a different XRP address, from the same computer.

Looking forward to your report...thank you

I can confirm two differently keyed Ledger devices work on the same computer with the Ledger XRP wallet and BTC wallet apps.

Just as a reminder of my setup:

•One computer with one copy of the Ledger software installed (XRP wallet, BTC wallet, and Ledger Manger App, is all that I've tested)

•Nano S (the hodl device with unique recovery key having XRP address of #1)

•Ledger Blue (the daily driver with with unique recovery key having XRP address of #2)

The cool thing about this set up is that the hodl device lives in my bank safety deposit box. I can periodically send coins to the address and "visit" them on the XRP account explorer. While this is painfully obvious to anyone who understands how block chains and hardware wallets work, it still feels so incredibly futuristic.