BitStamp Limits

XRPJoe

Does anyone know the Buying /Deposit limits on BitStamp?  My XRP purchase was flagged and had to wait for 12 hours.  They call it a verification and had to send them multiple photos a close up with my CC next to my face etc... I noticed a buy at $250.00 is smooth and will not get flagged. I want to bring it up to $500 but afraid they will flag it it.  Simplex also holds and flags its a two step process of purchasing. Its a pain but worth the wait I have lots of patience. 

Does anyone know the Buying /Deposit limits on BitStamp?  My XRP purchase was flagged and had to wait for 12 hours.  They call it a verification and had to send them multiple photos a close up with my CC next to my face etc... I noticed a buy at $250.00 is smooth and will not get flagged. I want to bring it up to $500 but afraid they will flag it it.  Simplex also holds and flags its a two step process of purchasing. Its a pain but worth the wait I have lots of patience. 

Their is no limit on bitstamp you can buy and sell any amount.

I regularly deposit amounts of $1k or more via credit card on Bitstamp and never have any issues. The first deposit i made i had to go through the CC verification process with simplex but since then it has been smooth sailing (done probably 20 deposits since then). 

I've been having many problems with Bitstamp for the past month, or should I say even more. And a couple days ago, I was flagged after a withdraw. I've had an account for a long time and been verified, etc. I'm Canadian, I already sent them all the info they need, picture IDs, proof of everything, etc. Now, it's not enough, they want my passport. Not gonna happen. The Canadian Gov. and any legal authorities you talk to here will tell you "never" to send this to anyone. This is quite wrong because now they threaten to lock my withdraws.

I don't know what's going on over there, but, customer support is slow and even slower. Response often look like they are copy/pasted. They can't give me an answer on how much their intermediary bank charges (takes its cut). unless I pay them to ask (their bank).

I've been waiting 5 weeks for an email that would say they are starting the opening process for my business account (gave up and opened one with Kraken, took 3 days). Every time I asked customer support, they copy/pasted I will get an email soon.

And not supporting Bitcoin Cash means they are keeping those coins and not sharing them with their customer. That could initiate a class action.

I've been pro-Bitstamp since the beginning because of their XRP gateway and what looked like a very solid Luxembourg financial institution support. But with all those problems, and with the fact that my money comes from a Slovenian bank before transiting to some US bank (can't get the info unless I pay them to give me the info), and that money has a UK stamp on it, this is a bit too shady for me to fully trust them anymore.

I'm liquidating my assets and transferring to other exchanges until my confidence is fully restored.

13 minutes ago, OlivierA said:

I've been waiting 5 weeks for an email that would say they are starting the opening process for my business account (gave up and opened one with Kraken, took 3 days). Every time I asked customer support, they copy/pasted I will get an email soon

Business accounts are treated differently than personal accounts. More verification is required.

21 minutes ago, Bagheera said:

Business accounts are treated differently than personal accounts. More verification is required.

3 days with Kraken vs 5 weeks and still nothing with Bitstamp, well!

They got all the info they need + they know me (I've had that personal account verified a long time a go)

EDIT. And I should add that during those 3 days, I had direct contact (exchanged a couple of emails) with Kraken Customer S., question I had and correction they needed in the form.

Edited by OlivierA

21 hours ago, OlivierA said:

3 days with Kraken vs 5 weeks and still nothing with Bitstamp, well!

They got all the info they need + they know me (I've had that personal account verified a long time a go)

EDIT. And I should add that during those 3 days, I had direct contact (exchanged a couple of emails) with Kraken Customer S., question I had and correction they needed in the form.

@OlivierA in your post re your frustration you mention issues regarding a "business" account. Then after that you post regarding "(I've had that personal account verified a long time a go)". Bitstamp treats "personal" accounts very differently than "business" accounts. Which one are you trying to establish? Business or Personal? The rules differ greatly...

2 hours ago, Bagheera said:

@OlivierA in your post re your frustration you mention issues regarding a "business" account. Then after that you post regarding "(I've had that personal account verified a long time a go)". Bitstamp treats "personal" accounts very differently than "business" accounts. Which one are you trying to establish? Business or Personal? The rules differ greatly...

What I meant is, the KYC is not a problem for me since they already know me. I'm the only shareholder of that company. So, with all the paper work of the company in order, they should at least have replied that they are processing the thing. Instead, the only thing I get is you will receive an email when we start processing, etc. It's been more than 5 weeks now, still nothing. (reminder, took 3 days with Kraken)

Why are you trying to protect Bitstamp from the truth? They are either understaff for good or bad reasons, but no matter, they are understaff and the backlog must be terrible now.

If it was only that problem, but more things happening like I wrote in my post. I'm sad to see an early backer of Ripple having those problems, but, when it comes to dealing with my investment, I let emotions at the door.