How to create a cold wallet for XRP (new user)

goripple

4 minutes ago, goripple said:

Does your anti-virus detected it as malware pal?

For some reason most of the wallets are detected as malware.. not sure why

You can try some of the other ones. Click on the "links" tab to try the other wallets

10 hours ago, RafOlP said:

Are you using windows? Which anti-virus?

Yes I am using Windows, and a malware is a malware in my opinion. Well no worries I will try some other wallets, do you know any good desktop wallets for Ripple?

17 hours ago, MundoXRP said:

For some reason most of the wallets are detected as malware.. not sure why

You can try some of the other ones. Click on the "links" tab to try the other wallets

I have got a couple of others for BTC but they weren't detected as malware though? And you know of any other good desktop wallets for Ripple?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2017 at 0:24 AM, RafOlP said:

Yes, we have been trusted by a lot of users for almost three years now. But I work there, so its better if the community can give you this feedback :)

Hi RafOIP,

I've downloaded the linux 32-bit version, but the file to unzip is called ripple-wallet-linux64-1.4.1.zip. Is wallet designed to run on a 64-bit system?

Anyway, when I try to run the binary (I have 32-bit system), I get a "cannot execute binary file: Exec format error".

Any ideas to run wallet on 32-bit machine?

Edited by enrique11

1 hour ago, enrique11 said:

Hi RafOIP,

I've downloaded the linux 32-bit version, but the file to unzip is called ripple-wallet-linux64-1.4.1.zip. Is wallet designed to run on a 64-bit system?

Anyway, when I try to run the binary (I have 32-bit system), I get a "cannot execute binary file: Exec format error".

Any ideas to run wallet on 32-bit machine?

If you clicked the green button you downloaded the 64bit, if you click on "32 bits" you download the 32 bits. Maybe it is that?

57 minutes ago, RafOlP said:

If you clicked the green button you downloaded the 64bit, if you click on "32 bits" you download the 32 bits. Maybe it is that?

Thanks for the reply.

I thought I had a display issue.

See attached image file.

The download button is for 64-bit, and where it says 32-bit is the link for the 32-bit download.  I clicked on the download button link thinking it was 32-bit.

Where it says, "Download version Linux 64 bits" in the lower right hand corner was a pop-up message from me hovering the cursor over the download button link, but the mouse pointer doesn't show up because I think I disabled it when printing desktop screenshots.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help. I have access now to the right link and will try again. :)

rippex_firefox_display_issue.png

Edited by enrique11