Sending REP from Gatehub

winthan

When I am trying to make payment for REP at Gatehub, it said "Use hosted wallet to send REP".  

How can I use hosted Wallet to send REP? Am I already using in Gatehub Hosted Wallet? Which Hosted wallet are they referring? It confused me. Any ideas and guidelines for hosted Wallet for REP transfer?

Edited by winthan

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, winthan said:

When I am trying to make payment for REP at Gatehub, it said "Use hosted wallet to send REP".  

How can I use hosted Wallet to send REP? Am I already using in Gatehub Hosted Wallet? Which Hosted wallet are they referring? It confused me. Any ideas and guidelines for hosted Wallet for REP transfer?

what is REP ?

There's an explanation about Hosted and Ripple wallets and their differences in the GateHub Help section under Wallets. I think it explains it rather concisely (read "Send & Receive (bank)" as "Send & Receive (any other supported network, including REP/Ethereum)")  :

-------

GateHub currently supports two types of wallets: 

• Ripple wallets
  • Hosted wallets.

The main difference between hosted and ripple wallets is that ripple wallet transactions are recorded on the public ripple ledger, while hosted wallet transactions are recorded on GateHub’s internal (private) ledger. Hosted wallets offer more privacy and zero fee transactions. Hosted wallet cannot be used for trading, you can only use ripple wallet to do so.

Comparison table

Wallet Type  Ripple Hosted
Trade (ripple network) 
Send & Receive (ripple network) 
Send & Receive (other networks*) 
Private Balance 
Min. required reserve  50 XRP 0

* SEPA, Wire, Ethereum ... We plan to expand our wallet offerings to include sending to and receiving from other ledgers such as Bitcoin, ACH, Interac, etc. in the future.

---------

EDIT: updated with new info from the GateHub Help page

Edited by mazi