eToro wallet now supports #XRP

Armanius

Controversial issue, I think: XRP listing on eToro blows up Twitter as holders go ballistic against company

Tiffany Hayden, a prominent member of the XRP community tweeted:

“Social pressure is my only superpower and it didn’t work. @eToro doesn’t care, they don’t have your $XRP, and they are lying to you. Either find a way to remove yourself from their platform or accept the consequences. There is nothing I can do. I’m sorry.eToro is dead to me.”

Tiffany Hayden was also joined by other members of the XRP community, with Luke Roberts, an XRP fan saying:

“Dear @eToro @eToroService – whilst we thank you for setting up an e-wallet, the #XRPcommunity bought real #XRP coins using our hard earned $ via debit/credit cards. We cannot withdraw our coins unless we send a wire payment, rendering this wallet & all initial offerings useless!!”

2 hours ago, Armanius said:

Interesting.  
Have you ever used eToro? is it similar to Robinhood? 

Hello Armanius, Merry Christmas. Some time ago I used EToro and although I haven't used Robinhood, they aren't similar to me: While, as I understand it, with Robinhood you buy and sell XRP, with EToro you make a CFD with them (see https://en.wikipedia.org / wiki / Contract_for_difference) derived from XRP.

I use Etoro, but I cannot transfer to the new wallet because all my deposits were bought through my cards and paypal account  rather than "wired".  For nearly a year Etoro have said the coins which are stored for us on our behalf, the transactions are not CFD..  I have no reason not to believe them.

I think they do intend to eventually let the non-wired buyers to use the wallets too. 

Just now, Julian_Williams said:

I use Etoro, but I cannot transfer to the new wallet because all my deposits were bought through my cards and paypal account  rather than "wired".  For nearly a year Etoro have said the coins are stored for us on our behalf, the transactions are not CFD..  I have no reason not to believe them.

I think they do intend to eventually let the non-wired buyers to use the wallets too. 

20 minutes ago, Quinson said:

Hello Armanius, Merry Christmas. Some time ago I used EToro and although I haven't used Robinhood, they aren't similar to me: While, as I understand it, with Robinhood you buy and sell XRP, with EToro you make a CFD with them (see https://en.wikipedia.org / wiki / Contract_for_difference) derived from XRP.

Thank you for the info.

Merry Christmas to you as well.