Short Story Contest Entry: Maui Gold

Patience is key, as with most things in life, it takes a while for anything worthwhile to bear fruit. A perfect example of this is the Pineapple! I'm from Hawaii and I was surrounded by these things while I was growing up. I would pass by them on the way to school and again as I headed home, even on the weekends going around town I'd find myself staring out at the endless fields as I hung out with friends. It wasn't until I was much older that I was able to link the fields of monotonous crops to the sweet golden snacks that are hard to miss when you go shopping.

Pineapples are a pretty uninteresting plant to look at while they grow. Most people wouldn't even know they're looking at pineapples until they're almost ready to be eaten, as they spend most of their time as this dull green plant that just kinda sits there in the ground. No flowers, bright colors or anything eye catching just a bunch of leaves that look like tall grass in Pokemon. I didn't even know what they were, even passing them every day for years as I've always known pineapple to be these spikey yellow cylinders that had a cool green pokey hat on top.

Pineapples are popular the world over, it's got the “tropical paradise” drink reputation I think, up there with coconuts and mangos and rightly so! There's even a pineapple company in Hawaii called “Maui Gold”!

I don't think many people know that it can take up to 2 years for a pineapple to go from stalk to fruit, Crazy right? Yep, for almost a year and a half they look nothing like what they turn into, doesn't that sound familiar?

Pineapples remind me of XRP as it is now. Most people pass it by, calling it names like “Scam” “centralized” and “security” they're fooled by its outer appearance as they don't know what it truly is. That being said, it's not their fault, much like pineapples, if you don't do your research you'd think that the iconic prickly hat is what you'd be looking for if someone told you to point out a pineapple plant.

Many who defend XRP find it crazy that some can't see the value that it can provide but how could you expect someone who doesn't have any idea what XRP is to know what's coming when even the people who like XRP find themselves at odds with it sometimes.

Some holders get impatient, complaining about the price or how long it's taking for Xrapid to go live. I get impatient too, but I try to remember that XRP and pineapples are similar in that even if it seems like it's doing nothing, it is really doing it's best to turn into a sweet golden prize, and in my experience so far, yelling at plants and prices don't cause either to grow faster.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read my entry and I hope that reading this little story makes you feel a bit better about holding XRP and helped pass some time while we wait for XRP to start to bear fruit, and if you ever find yourself getting ready to give up and cash out, try to remember...

#XRPineapple.

794f5a6d977a2c5f9e77b48d3b2b6be1.png

Edited by Pieceofcandy