Are gatehub still giving free activation?

Dave_01

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. I received the activation ripple on the 4th day after activation email was received.

it isnt instant like it may have been before. It could take several days to a week or more to come in.

If you cant wait, you will pay an outstanding price for it, but there are ways to be activated today.

Edited by beav
added text.

2 minutes ago, beav said:

Yes. I received the activation ripple on the 4th day after activation email was received.

it isnt instant like it may have been before. It could take several days to a week or more to come in.

If you cant wait, you will pay an outstanding price for it, but there are ways to be activated today.

Thanks. Once I have my account activated, will I be able to convert ETH into xrp, and then send it to this account and all will be fine? 

15 minutes ago, beav said:

Yes. You will first need to set Trustline for ETH after your account is activated. Then, you will have access to the address needed to send ETH to your Gatehub wallet.

Does this cost more XRP? What is the function of a trustline?

38 minutes ago, beav said:

Yes. You will first need to set Trustline for ETH after your account is activated. Then, you will have access to the address needed to send ETH to your Gatehub wallet.

Ah ok- but In gatehub- I can view my wallet address already? It isn't hidden or anything at all. What would happen if I say, sent 20xrp from shapeshift into that address (if it was activated)

Trustlines are designed for you to control what type of currency you want to allow to be put in your wallet. It is essentially another security feature.

As far as fees go, that will depend on where you send the ETH from. Different exchanges have different network fees.

3 minutes ago, Dave_01 said:

Ah ok- but In gatehub- I can view my wallet address already? It isn't hidden or anything at all. What would happen if I say, sent 20xrp from shapeshift into that address (if it was activated)

If you send ripple to your wallet, you will have no problem. Ripple can be sent immediately upon wallet creation. Therefore if you send 20 XRP or more to your Ripple address, it will be activated. The activation unlocks the ability to trade currencies other than XRP.

You will not be able to send any currency other than ripple until your account holds 20 or more ripple.

Edited by beav

42 minutes ago, beav said:

If you send ripple to your wallet, you will have no problem. Ripple can be sent immediately upon wallet creation. Therefore if you send 20 XRP or more to your Ripple address, it will be activated. The activation unlocks the ability to trade currencies other than XRP.

You will not be able to send any currency other than ripple until your account holds 20 or more ripple.

Ok. I understand the first bit. What do you mean by "any other currency" my wallet only contains ripple, how can I possibly send out anything other than ripple from that account?

5 minutes ago, Dave_01 said:

Ok. I understand the first bit. What do you mean by "any other currency" my wallet only contains ripple, how can I possibly send out anything other than ripple from that account?

i was referring to sending any other currency INTO your gatehub wallet. If you open gateways there are several different cryptos and USD/EUR that can be sent to your gatehub wallet. That way they can be exchanged to ripple on the gatehub site instead of somewhere else.

55 minutes ago, beav said:

i was referring to sending any other currency INTO your gatehub wallet. If you open gateways there are several different cryptos and USD/EUR that can be sent to your gatehub wallet. That way they can be exchanged to ripple on the gatehub site instead of somewhere else.

Ah, cool. I understand now- does gatehub have lower fees for converting ETH to XRP than other places?

@Dave_01

Take a look at this thread. 

20 isn;t enough to enable your wallet, not 21 it seems as you need the trust line cost of 5xrp. Not surew how that works.

If you are happy to wait ( i been waiting nearly a week now) just hold tight and don;t send any other coin to it.

Or feel feel free to use the guy i suggested in the linked post. If you are US, send me your email in a direct message, and i'll get him to contact you. He sortewd mine out. I bought 25 xrp for £85 and it made my wallet live.

Its a quick fix, but if you are concerned, or have coin floating around the web, its a method that works, and for maybe a tenner more than you would normally pay. But it means you can accept your other coin you mayu have already send.

Good luck, its a frustrating experience. 

2 minutes ago, JJBandit said:

@Dave_01

Take a look at this thread. 

20 isn;t enough to enable your wallet, not 21 it seems as you need the trust line cost of 5xrp. Not surew how that works.

If you are happy to wait ( i been waiting nearly a week now) just hold tight and don;t send any other coin to it.

Or feel feel free to use the guy i suggested in the linked post. If you are US, send me your email in a direct message, and i'll get him to contact you. He sortewd mine out. I bought 25 xrp for £85 and it made my wallet live.

Its a quick fix, but if you are concerned, or have coin floating around the web, its a method that works, and for maybe a tenner more than you would normally pay. But it means you can accept your other coin you mayu have already send.

Good luck, its a frustrating experience. 

Thanks for the help but I'd rather not spend £85 on £58 worth of coins. I'll wait a week for it to activate, then start converting some of my zclassic into eth then to xrp or something along those lines. 

thats fair enough dave. personally,  I just wanted to activate my wallet as i had a load of ether trying to get into my wallet, and didn;t want to risk losing it.

Its a cost i was willing to pay (already lost £30 trying to use shapeshifter). I hope you get something quicker than i did. Gatehub need to sort out their support system.

assuming you don't have coin trying to get into your account, you shouldn;t have anything to worry about.

2 minutes ago, JJBandit said:

thats fair enough dave. personally,  I just wanted to activate my wallet as i had a load of ether trying to get into my wallet, and didn;t want to risk losing it.

Its a cost i was willing to pay (already lost £30 trying to use shapeshifter). I hope you get something quicker than i did. Gatehub need to sort out their support system.

assuming you don't have coin trying to get into your account, you shouldn;t have anything to worry about.

Correct. As long as I don't lose anything, I'm fine. What issues have you had with shapeshifter? Where did your coins go?