1 hour ago, CountChocula said:

We may look back in 10 years and realize that we were at the very early stages of the great uncoupling!

And we got it while we were here, and the fame won’t feel the same next year. :D

5 minutes ago, Bagheera said:

Turns out my daughter's Medical School "White Coat Induction Ceremony" is at 7:00 PM on the same evening... what should a father do?  

Hmmmm...how far away is it from SWELL?  

In fact, more and more forks would only weaken Bitcoin so I'd expect defectors to other altcoins.  While some techie would stubbornly stay or even transfer to one of the forked BItcoin derivations like Bitcoin Cash or xxx, more and more forks would occur in the near future since there's no longer complete consensus with even more disagreements.  This would only push Bitcoin's reputation down the tubes and even make Dimon's claim of Bitcoin as a fraud.

While this bad rap for the major bitcoin would result in selling across the board, the true utility tokens would reap the net inflows. I wouldn't want to predict what if all Bitcoin users/owners sell and decide to reinvest into other alt coins like ETH or especially XRP ...

Edited by bookworm

6 hours ago, Hodor said:

Hard to say. 

Late November would be the time frame... but XRP almost completely uncoupled from BTC and the alts in the past week: @CountChocula may be right...  :JC_thinking::sun_bespectacled:

So maybe, next forks may see a shift of money from BTC to XRP as safe haven instead of out to fiat..     Makes it even riskier to sell in anticipation of a drop.....       hhmmm    

6 hours ago, missdaboat said:

Sorry for being blunt.

TO me, the choice is clear.

Your attendance at Swell has no bearing or influence on the outcome of XRP. Unless of course you happen to be one of the key stakeholder, then I apologise for my assumption.

Your attendance at the daughter's Ceremony might have a big effect on her.

I would choose the daughter's Ceremony.

Agree 100%... I was only kidding about the "choice". I will be the proudest dad in the place.  

5 hours ago, Bejzbox said:

Makes it even riskier to sell in anticipation of a drop..... 

Oh absolutely.  I don't blame those that play the waves - they're just trying to augment their XRP holdings with the market swings; but they risk getting left behind in a big way if they've temporarily bought out and are waiting to get back in. 

The next rocket ride might not come back!  :o

4 hours ago, Hodor said:

The next rocket ride might not come back!  :o

Exactly! I just took a look at the all-time BTC chart, and the lowest it hit before it's ultimate take-off was $952.11... I'm sure a lot of sellers at that point thought it could never breach $1,000 as a psychological barrier. Instead, that level proved to be the launch of it's meteoric rise. Sorry to compare to Bitcoin, I know someday it will all be irrelevant :lol:

On 10/9/2017 at 3:21 AM, bookworm said:

While some techie would stubbornly stay or even transfer to one of the forked BItcoin derivations

Within open source projects, forking provides the guarantee all solutions are explored to the satisfaction of those motivated to do so.

Blockchain technology is the brainchild of open source developers.

Corporations can do an effective job in repackaging the technology as Ripple does.

The lively bazaar style open source ecosystem has demonstrated its ability in developing secure systems, Linux for instance. I can appreciate coming from a corporate background - the cathedral - the somewhat contentious lively bazaar style process of determining the best solution can surprise.

Linux is a much less exploitable OS than Windows, despite or because, it is the result of thousands of minds, many incremental releases.

Hence experience, track record, support the open source culture standing better odds to create the most secure blockchain technology.

Edited by 7Sol